Author Topic: What are you think of brickadia  (Read 19277 times)

To clarify on this since it's starting to circulate between autists in your discord that I intentionally made this up to spread lies: someone gave me a bunch of these images and claimed they were from Brickadia. I posted them and then he told me to snip out all the images except this one. It's not like I can easily verify what's what because I am blocked/being ignored by virtually everyone in the upper echelons of Brickadia's development/moderation. I'm not the only person with this issue, and that's another problem I have with your discord. Your mod team is insane, and the discord is a platform that you guys can and are willing to manipulate to represent the game in your favor.

You guys work very hard to make sure the people you don't like don't have a platform. I don't have a logical problem with it because, again, you've got a game to sell here, but there's a reason nobody is flocking over to your discord to engage with the mod team and testers about the state of the game. I'm sure the situation has improved, but the damage has already been done, much of it where it counts the most. I appreciate the fact that Zeblote posted on this forum for the first time in over a year to clarify things in this thread. My concerns with Unreal's mod support was not something I came up with based on my own experience with Unreal, it was something passed down to me with Brickadia developers at the source. Not everything you've said in this thread was the original sentiment, but if things have changed/been corrected, fair enough.

Also, I'm not giving discord my phone number lol
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 01:08:50 PM by Naruto Uzumaki »

post your complaints on the discord or through their email on the website. if youve been banned from the discord then damn you must be an actual idiot, glad youre banned
I disagree. Me, and a bunch of other users, have been deplatformed for seemingly no reason a while ago with no way to get an appeal or second chance.This sentiment is extremely anti-consumer if you do have any say in the Moderation. I understand any general dislike of me, personally, but this isn't just a "me" problem. It's a problem which concerns me about how the users will act towards people who criticize the game - in a way which encourages alienation of users who criticize too harshly and a way that encourages xenophobic tendencies towards users of this community who don't have a key for your game.

I can only hope that this response doesn't represent the majority of the Brickadia community or the opinions of higherups involved.

I disagree. Me, and a bunch of other users, have been deplatformed for seemingly no reason a while ago with no way to get an appeal or second chance.
have you tried emailing them? its dumb that discord just makes servers disappear with no ban reason, but you can still email them to attempt to appeal

my previous response was rude tho but its cause a lot of people ive seen get banned for actual reason scream about being banned as if what they did wasnt worth a ban when it clearly was

Minecraft was (is) the most successful moddable game of all time so you bringing it up as a negative example makes no sense at all.
incorrect. it's the most successful game of all time that some people happened to make modloaders for. its a negative example because making mods for minecraft is terrifying, just like making mods for gmod. there's no debugging system whatsoever which automatically makes the game not modder-friendly. mods are compiled, not added on runtime which means you have to restart the game every time to smoke test your mod that you already have no unit test feedback on. because you need to overwrite files in the game directly, two mods cannot hook into the same class or method at once without one or the other breaking. that's already the worst offender.

minecraft is a game. it was shipped, advertised, and developed as a game. blockland is a tool. (it was advertised as a game but its still a tool). all of the game's vanilla content exists in a surface layer built upon torque's modding interface, which makes it easy to add new content without breaking the game and easy to test the content's functionality because its all runtime.

i vaguely remember a discussion in the discord by some of the devs that went along the lines of 'we want to make a game, not a game engine' which basically seals the deal on mod support.

First you talk about mod compatibility and debugging and then you present dll hacking as if that mess was somehow something to compare with. Honestly, your whole post seems to me like just trying to come up with reasons why the project can somehow not work as if you'd personally lose something if it does. That's sad.
the way i see it right now, i won't be losing or gaining anything if the project works out. i'd like to be gaining something- a modding interface as good as blockland, or even better. but if you guys were really planning something like that it would be the central selling point of you game from the very beginning. it would be the single largest and most expensive focus point on the project.

the way ive seen it, it really isn't. either an amazing modding sytem already exists and you've been using it this entire time and understressing it's existence, or there will be no amazing modding system.

post your complaints on the discord or through their email on the website. if youve been banned from the discord then damn you must be an actual idiot, glad youre banned
their mod staff aren't that good. maybe my purely ironic 'i hate furries' persona pissed off a few of them but i remember theblackparrot basically hated me from the moment i joined to the moment i left. one time we were discussing brickadia in #brickadia and i mentioned jack and casie as another game made by blockland players and i immediately got my comment removed and replaced with a #offtopic by theblackparrot. this happened consistently, usually the moment i went slightly off topic from the ongoing discussion, even if it was vaguely related.

i also got permanently muted for separating a joke about brickbot into four lines instead of one and flaming when i made a joke about how arrogant the devs are, a joke that the devs themselves consistently made. i guess he felt like labeling me a troll even though in my entire 5 months of being on the discord i was nothing but respectful, i just shared my honest opinions on how i saw the game, including positive and negative, with good intentions.

ive been invited back to the discord on like 3 separate occasions, one time by one of the devs on the discord, and the only reason i refuse is because of the staff. the devs are really nice and great people but some of the staff members really made me feel unwelcome there
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:27:47 PM by PhantOS »

I disagree. Me, and a bunch of other users, have been deplatformed for seemingly no reason a while ago with no way to get an appeal or second chance.This sentiment is extremely anti-consumer if you do have any say in the Moderation. I understand any general dislike of me, personally, but this isn't just a "me" problem. It's a problem which concerns me about how the users will act towards people who criticize the game - in a way which encourages alienation of users who criticize too harshly and a way that encourages xenophobic tendencies towards users of this community who don't have a key for your game.

I can only hope that this response doesn't represent the majority of the Brickadia community or the opinions of higherups involved.

I did a quick search of the discord and wasn't able to find anyone with your name. However, I was able to find this gem:

Maybe you shouldn't be calling people mentally ill while insulting the entire community if you want to participate.

their mod staff aren't that good. maybe my purely ironic 'i hate furries' persona pissed off a few of them but i remember theblackparrot basically hated me from the moment i joined to the moment i left. one time we were discussing brickadia in #brickadia and i mentioned jack and casie as another game made by blockland players and i immediately got my comment removed and replaced with a #offtopic by theblackparrot. this happened consistently, usually the moment i went slightly off topic from the ongoing discussion, even if it was vaguely related.

i also got permanently muted for separating a joke about brickbot into four lines instead of one and flaming when i made a joke about how arrogant the devs are, a joke that the devs themselves consistently made. i guess he felt like labeling me a troll even though in my entire 5 months of being on the discord i was nothing but respectful, i just shared my honest opinions on how i saw the game, including positive and negative, with good intentions.

ive been invited back to the discord on like 3 separate occasions, one time by one of the devs on the discord, and the only reason i refuse is because of the staff. the devs are really nice and great people but some of the staff members really made me feel unwelcome there

If you have some specific issues with our moderators that you believe were handled wrongly, you really should contact one of us in private to discuss it instead of silently dwelling on it. I see that you were very active in our server once with over 12000 messages - but that was half a year ago now, and it'd be close to impossible to find any specifics on what really went down back then.

have you tried emailing them? its dumb that discord just makes servers disappear with no ban reason, but you can still email them
I don't know what the Brickadia email is and I doubt that being in a discord locked off as such would do me any favors. Usually i'd just dm the owner or an admin, but it's unreasonable to have email as the only accessible way to contact anyone about the game. Hell, I wouldn't mind a public blog or even a forum thread here - atleast I wouldn't have to join the discord server for a game community which prides itself on getting rid of 'toxic' users and can have discussion about it anywhere I want.

my previous response was rude tho but its cause a lot of people ive seen get banned for actual reason scream about being banned as if what they did wasnt worth a ban when it clearly was
And that's a means to make fun of them like that? You're only causing more problems for yourself in the future for an already segregated game.

I did a quick search of the discord and wasn't able to find anyone with your name. However, I was able to find this gem:

Maybe you shouldn't be calling people mentally ill while insulting the entire community if you want to participate.

Make a blog or something. I've learned my lesson and don't want to paticipate with your community, and have realised how absolutely childish I was when making that post, but I do want to possibly support and get updates on your game. Which is not currently possible by the way you keep it under wraps.

Make a blog or something. I've learned my lesson and don't want to paticipate with your community, and have realised how absolutely childish I was when making that post, but I do want to possibly support and get updates on your game. Which is not currently possible by the way you keep it under wraps.

You have a point there. I've been wanting to put news up on the website for a while.

If you have some specific issues with our moderators that you believe were handled wrongly, you really should contact one of us in private to discuss it instead of silently dwelling on it. I see that you were very active in our server once with over 12000 messages - but that was half a year ago now, and it'd be close to impossible to find any specifics on what really went down back then.
i dont really want to. i got muted along with 8-9 other people at the same time, im sure you guys probably noticed when this mass muting happened but chose not to address it at all. or maybe you did, idk. i booked it like a minute after that happened so i wouldn't know

Here's how block party can still win

Here's how block party can still win
Block party has seemingly been abandoned by the developer after no activity for it since last year and Ghost not responding. I believe the hickups for this game were the poorly chosen moderation in the only place for information about it and not the game or it's marketing

After one search in the discord, Port said that "alot of the game is being built on it's own mod support" which would have been a pretty useful mention early on

After one search in the discord, Port said that "alot of the game is being built on it's own mod support" which would have been a pretty useful mention early on

Well, this depends on how you look at it. There's a distinction between what mods would work with on the inside, and mod tooling. Brickadia does not currently have a package format for mods, nor the publicly documented/officially supported ability to load them, but it will. Unreal Engine 4 however, is fairly data-oriented, designed around assets. We've also been following this approach with our systems. Everything like levels, weapons, static bricks, animations, Blueprint behaviors, etc. are just assets that we edit using exactly the same tools that mods eventually would. That's what I mean when I say that some is already built on its own mod support.

Well, this depends on how you look at it. There's a distinction between what mods would work with on the inside, and mod tooling. Brickadia does not currently have a package format for mods, nor the publicly documented/officially supported ability to load them, but it will. Unreal Engine 4 however, is fairly data-oriented, designed around assets. We've also been following this approach with our systems. Everything like levels, weapons, static bricks, animations, Blueprint behaviors, etc. are just assets that we edit using exactly the same tools that mods eventually would. That's what I mean when I say that some is already built on its own mod support.
I don't fully understand the aspect of Unreal Engine entirely, so excuse my brain if I happen to be wrong with this question, but once mod support is a thing, unless it already is and I don't realize. Would this mean that people would need to also have whatever mods you put on your server for them to work correctly sorta like as if it was a client sided material?