Author Topic: -  (Read 1637 times)

3rd times the charm

What is doom?
I'm lazy so I won't re-write this. So check out this .pdf of the doom 2 manual here
tl;dr the granddaddy of all FPS games. (Sorry Wolfenstein 3D)

Source ports
 ZDoom
  (G)ZDoom downloads DOOM2.wad or DOOM.wad is required to use ZDoom.
  ZDoom v2.8.1 is the barebones source port. Non-openGL.
  GZDoom is an OpenGL version of ZDoom that provides a lot more options. It even adds bloom for brightmaps too.
  ★Get started with GZDoom (Video)

Zandronum
  Zandronum.com
  Zandronum is multiplayer doom. Just like GZDoom you can use it as a source port for singleplayer too.

Editing tools
GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix
  GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix
  Doom builder 2, but x10 better. Voxel, 3D model, dynamic lights, and 3D floor support. No shadowmaps though :(

Slade 3 (3.1.5 as of now)
  slade.mancubus.net
  Slade 3 is probably one of the best editors I know when it comes to non-mapping in doom modding.
  Note: to compile ACS in Slade 3, you need to go to ZDoom.org and download ACC to compile your ACS text files into a .acs format. And yes, there are ACS decompilers on there too.

This thread mainly covers classic doom games, but you may talk about the new Doom games aswell.
Romero, please give us sigil.wad
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:49:41 PM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

Sorry thought this was my search bar.

this thread has been claimed by the armies of quake!

bunny hops and quad damages will come to you but only if you post "WOOOOOOOOAHG" in this thread.

what the forget

Duke Nukem 3D is better
And Blood is better than duke3d
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:58:20 PM by YouKnowWhoAgain »

what the forget
And Blood is better than duke3d
and im better than you at doom hop off my forum little brother rose is waiting for you

and im better than you at doom hop off my forum little brother rose is waiting for you
Do you have zandronum

stop parroting opinions you heard on /vr/ when you have never played blood until 2 weeks ago when fresh supply came out

stop parroting opinions you heard on /vr/ when you have never played blood until 2 weeks ago when fresh supply came out
Fresh supply got patched and it forgeted up the savegame system so I'm waiting for them to fix that