[BG Official] Brickadia Hate Thread

Author Topic: [BG Official] Brickadia Hate Thread  (Read 50922 times)

Agreed, which is why the building has changed a lot since the ancient alpha 0.1.0 leak. The current building mechanics are still experimental, but better. We're focusing off of them for a bit while we work on the other milestones in alpha 4. Don't worry, we're still changing them, we hear you!
can you explain the new controls here? is it same as blockland? are there multiple schemes? one of the biggest things that turned me off playing brickadia in general is building wasn't as easy to do as in blockland when lagging/having low framerate, even with the orbit mode. mouse-only/primary mode was completely unusable for me due to low fps on my laptop.

it's still clicking and orbit mode but now you can drag to make lines and you can set resolution quality to 50 and potato mode to on to play at a reasonable fps

can you explain the new controls here? is it same as blockland? are there multiple schemes? one of the biggest things that turned me off playing brickadia in general is building wasn't as easy to do as in blockland when lagging/having low framerate, even with the orbit mode. mouse-only/primary mode was completely unusable for me due to low fps on my laptop.

That's the current scheme (click-drag, orbit mode), but the it isn't working as well as we thought. We've changed the scheme from something people have had thousands of hours of experience to something new in an attempt to make building easier for beginners. It's pretty hard to find a balance between something beginner friendly VS Blockland's difficult-at-first but mechanically precise scheme. I hope in the future we can make the best of both worlds.

I think what we will end up doing is keeping the mouse build scheme and replacing orbit mode with something closer to Blockland's scheme. There has been a suprising lack of complaints about our building system, but I don't want that to be the reason we don't make a better one. I feel once we introduce tools like the selection tool (with built-in duplicator functionality) and the resize tool it will shape up better.

The building system will most likely be updated after alpha 4 once the weapon system is ready

Hope that answered your questions!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:18:22 PM by Wrapperup »

it's still clicking and orbit mode but now you can drag to make lines and you can set resolution quality to 50 and potato mode to on to play at a reasonable fps
i can barely play tf2, blockland doesnt run at all but brickadia runs at 60fps in potato mode

im completely down for new control schemes if there's options to change it back to blockland's original or something similar (eg mouse and player movement keys to move camera, keyboard to control ghost brick position/rotation/movement). think building in admin orb in blockland, maybe.

reason being my mouse aiming skills suck, my mice sometimes spazz out or dont receive inputs, and my laptop doesnt have a dedicated graphics card (but has a decent processor and enough memory for my intel integrated card). blockland's pretty much the only game i can easily build in. even minecraft building can be a struggle for me, without any frame lag.

im completely down for new control schemes if there's options to change it back to blockland's original or something similar (eg mouse and player movement keys to move camera, keyboard to control ghost brick position/rotation/movement). think building in admin orb in blockland, maybe.

reason being my mouse aiming skills suck, my mice sometimes spazz out or dont receive inputs, and my laptop doesnt have a dedicated graphics card (but has a decent processor and enough memory for my intel integrated card). blockland's pretty much the only game i can easily build in. even minecraft building can be a struggle for me, without any frame lag.

That's perfectly reasonable. It will take some time though, we're always thinking of ways to make it better.

when does brickadia stop looking like chinese plastic garbage

It's pretty hard to find a balance between something beginner friendly VS Blockland's difficult-at-first but mechanically precise scheme.

I dont think Blockland's building scheme was ever difficult for me when I began though. It was fairly simple with a click and place method with an entirely customizable keybind for ghostbrick movement. However more complex tool addons that make building more convenient like the toolgun and duplicator did certainly make things more complicated, most likely because they weren't centrally created.

I very much hope your team considers a legacy 'blockland-like' build method, or at-least some combinations of settings that comes close at the users choice.

when does brickadia stop looking like chinese plastic garbage
>implying every screenshot of blockland doesnt look like a voxel game engine demo from 1998

when you dont get a brickadia key:

more blockgang memes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!