Author Topic: Ideas for the Start Server/Main menu  (Read 2931 times)

Hey all,

This night I had nothing to do and was bored as hell. In my head there were some ideas going around, like this idea. It has been nearly seven years since the start server menu had a major update. The idea of this new start server layout is a mix-up of the new and old classic Start Server menu from v20 and before.

The new Server Menu
The new server menu is dedicated to the good old classic start server menu we had years ago before 2012. The simple settings are put together again in one window. So how will this server menu work? It will just work the same as the old one was. The only thing that is not visible is the Add-Ons button. It is explained below why:
  • If a player wants to load Add-Ons, he clicks on the game mode Custom. Whenever the player launches the game, the Add-Ons window will popup. The classic Add-Ons list seen in the picture is just an example, if Badspot is going to remake the layout the list should be small text compared to the classic one.
  • If the player chooses another game mode and he launches the game, the game will check if it does support Add-Ons. If not, the game will launch without the Add-On window.

Bring back the classic Tutorial button where new players go straight into the Tutorial level once they clicked the button.

The old server list doesn't match up the Start Menu server, lets give it a update too.

The Server Info window popups when a player moves with his mouse over the server name.

A make-over for the Blockland window GUI. It kinda matches up with Windows 8/10 now, it makes the game more modern. How more simple everything is made, the better the game feels like.

All screenshots are modified in Paint.NET and are NOT actual ingame screenshots.

What do you people think about these ideas?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 04:39:46 PM by Antares »

we also need old sounds when you hover over a button in the menu

we also need old sounds when you hover over a button in the menu
That can be done via client add-on, but yes, menu sounds need to be default again

Not sure why they were ever removed

That can be done via client add-on, but yes, menu sounds need to be default again

Not sure why they were ever removed
It could all be done with a client add-on.

i love the look of the server menu, a nice blend of old and new. while the add-ons list would be nice too it should probably also be in the same style but still shrunk down like that imo

you'd better make the server menu similar to legacy source server browsers or so help me god

you'd better make the server menu similar to legacy source server browsers or so help me god
the screen is like as small as my thumb wait that's how big my laptop is
also legacy source does source 2 exist if so why not remake their games on it?

I am going try this out in a default empty Torque game.

I am going try this out in a default empty Torque game.
Do you know how to make GUI's?