need help lucid dreaming

Author Topic: need help lucid dreaming  (Read 2055 times)

ive been trying to induce LDs consistently for a long time (successful here and there) but you basically try and keep your mind going as you fall asleep. Its like you have to hit this perfect balance of you going to sleep and having your awareness and conscious still intact(whether youre just imagining things or focusing on deep breaths)... i have absolutely no where near perfected it.

not sure how knowledgeable you are but theres a few formal methods out there such as FILD, WILD, reality checks(which help you become lucid in an otherwise non lucid dream), etc.

here, while you're dreaming i'll come up to you and tell you that you're dreaming

reality checks are the simplest method, you basically realize/remember it mid-dream.

the way I did it was doing reality checks every so often in the day, simply saying "Am I dreaming?" and checking my phone a few times in a row (stuff like phones / clocks or w/e usually don't stay consistently the same or useable in dreams)

I've had about like 5 lucid dreams when I did this, sucks I woke up from excitement in the first two tho

i had a big post written but deleted it. ill keep it short
you need to write down dreams you remember in a physical notebook.
after a while youll begin becoming self aware in a dream, youll even get recurring places over different nights.
making self aware choices have to be built up. drastic stuff can wake you up or change the dream/scene youre in.
its not like you might have heard, you wont wake up in your bedroom with the ability to fly. youll be in a dream but aware of it. not every dream gives equal control over it.

I've had about like 5 lucid dreams when I did this, sucks I woke up from excitement in the first two tho
My first instance also excited me, and I too woke up when it happened.  I was happy over my capability to manifest a loving DOOR with no purpose.

is this loving inception

i'm asking because the only other solution is melatonin

melatonin doesnt make you dream it keeps yu asleep.
if you want lucid dreaming aided by drugs smoke a bunch of weed for a week and then stop cold turkey. might induce vivid nightmares but that differs person to person

uhhh melatonin definitely helps with dreams

yeah but the dosage for it to be noticable isnt good for your sleep i rlly dont recommend using melatonin unless youre taking those 1mm sized tabs. look up melatonin dosage theres a few studies about it