General Life-Story Thread, or: Terrible Choices and What Not to Do by Audax

Author Topic: General Life-Story Thread, or: Terrible Choices and What Not to Do by Audax  (Read 2772 times)

tl;dr: Joining the military, moving in with my manager, her boyfriend, and her eight dogs, kicking the boyfriend out, dating my manager, almost catching chlamydia, my girlfriend’s baby that she adopted out to her own mother, my girlfriend’s depression, her first Self Delete attempt, her trashing the apartment, “finding God,” us leaving the apartment, her leaving me, finding out she committed herself to a psych hospital, her finally getting the help she needs, me taking her back, ending up at the daycare with her, us buying a house, things getting worse after we move in, the almost murder-Self Delete by my girlfriend, giving her too many chances, being blackmailed into staying with her, her telling me she’s pregnant, me finally leaving her and getting arrested.

EDIT7: And the finale: Part Eight.
EDIT6: My favorite part, in this post.
EDIT5: Part Six
EDIT4: Part five here.
EDIT3: Part four added in this post.
EDIT2: Part tres to give you an idea of what I’m getting in to.
EDIT: Added the next part so I don’t double post and look like a rambling douchebag.

Been trying to figure out how to start this without coming off with a false sense of “grandeur,” but whatever. I see a lot of new users, and I recognize a few people here and there but I’m getting the sense that a lot of the community that I knew might not be around anymore. Same with the friends I made and would screw around with on Steam. I don’t expect anybody to recognize me as I never made any huge contributions to the community, just small crap here and there haha. It’s been a while, and my life has been pretty hectic for the past couple years, but now things have calmed down and I can get back into my hobbies.

I remember a few years back people doing these big “goodbye” threads. I think IcyGamma had a couple, and MackTheHunter had a pseudo goodbye thread where he mostly talked about how he’d be around but not that much since he was going into the Air Force. At least I think that was him that made that topic. It’s funny to think about all of us who were in high school or college, and richarded around in the game and on these forums, and how we’ve probably all grown up and moved on to other things, or simply forgot about this beautiful hellhole. I’m getting off track, but anyways, this ain’t a goodbye thread obviously, and I don’t really want it to come off as a “Hello” thread either. Just another thread in off-topic, where you can listen to my story, tell your own stories, talk about your own experiences etc. Maybe pop in and say hello if you’re like me and still find your way back to this place and remember me, and pick up where we left off. I don’t know.

Might as well get on with this though. Most of the people I know get a kick out it, and most folk like a nice story at the expense of someone else, so hell—why not throw it up on here?

This all played out like a long chain reaction I guess. Each piece, or event leading to the next, guiding me towards my choices. Help reason things inside my head. It was back during the tail end of my high school career. My friends and I had slowly drifted away, something I would always be slightly upset about. My best friend had just gotten back together with his girlfriend who treated him like garbage, and she hated me and all his other friends and family. She occupied most of his time, and it certainly didn’t make my bud happy that I wasn’t very fond of her either, and thought he was a fool for getting back together with her. He had drifted away as well. My other notable friend had drifted away just the same after I blew my chance with her because I was an oblivious idiot (well, that’s probably still true actually), and her boyfriend didn’t want her talking to me, also while he pretended to be my friend just so he could “keep an eye on me.” My low self-esteem was kicking in, and my confidence was running low, and so I tossed away whatever opportunities came my way.

At the same time, I hated myself. The friends I had now were just me taking what I could get, and they all thought I was an starfish. Or maybe they really didn’t, who knows. What matters is that I thought I was an starfish, but not on purpose. As well as a slew of other things that made me resent myself. So I decided to join the National Guard. You know, the ones who go to horror-stricken neighborhoods during and after a hurricane to rescue people. Give myself a chance to sort of redeem myself. Not leave behind my civilian life though, so I could work on becoming a police officer. Help people who needed help, protect people. That sort of thing. Yeah. Real glorious. So I went off for my Basic Combat Training between my Junior and Senior year of high school. Met some nice and interesting people. Made a couple friends from my home state. That was nice, because when I got back, the “friends” I had scrounged together before I left, now believed me to be a trained killer. A killer-to-be. Fantastic.

So I finish high school. I go back for my second half of training, I come back home, and I want a job. My new friend works at a pizza place delivering pizzas, and he gets me a job there with him. It was a pretty good gig. We got paid more hourly than your typical driver, and the tips were great. But it didn’t last.

I don’t remember what the character limit for posts are, or what I’m even at since I’m typing this in my Notepad on my phone and copying it over. So I guess I’ll break here. When I’m done with all this, I’ll throw in a TL;DR, and links to the follow up posts.

I guess if you have any questions, shoot. Or just talk about your own thing, say hello, whatever. I gotta take a break before I do up the next part.

Part Two

So, the easy, decent paying job didn’t last forever. We hired some more drivers, there were a couple extra people on shifts, and so now my tips at the end of the night were getting smaller. Naturally, I began looking for a new job.

I had no idea what the hell I wanted to do though. As ridiculous as it is, I went to Craigslist to whore myself outto try and find some job listings. While scrolling through, I see an offer for a “Daycare Attendant” at a dog daycare. Thirteen bucks an hour just to hang out with dogs, play with them, and make sure none of them killed each-other. Sounded pretty easy. I also had no experience whatsoever working with animals, and my tiny resume showed that. My laughable resume where I went to a vocational high school for Culinary, where here and there I worked with my father or friends of his as a laborer/doing carpentry. Where I’m enlisted in the National Guard. “Hey there! I’ve never worked with animals really but I think dogs are pretty cool, here’s my erratic resume! Please hire me!” So I actually sent in my resume saying I was interested. I emailed the ad and laughed my ass off at the thought of my poor attempt, and continued looking for something I could actually do.

Within thirty minutes I got a response back saying they would call me for a phone interview tomorrow.

So let’s jump ahead, I got the job. It wasn’t that bad. The people were cool, the dogs were cool, and the pay was cool. Cool, cool, cool. Things weren’t perfect, but that’s another story. My manager’s sister begins working there too, and she was cute as stuff. We usually shared some shifts so I’d always talk to her and we’d chill together during our shift. One day we get to talking about how I’m trying to move out of my parent’s house, but I can’t afford a place by myself, and my friends either are dorming at college, or want to continue living st their parents and save up money until they graduate. Not me, I wanted to get the hell out of there. So my coworker tells me her sister, my manager, has a place and might be looking for a roommate. Alright, this is good.

(Oh boy)

I talk to my manager about her place. She tells me how she doesn’t roommate with strangers anymore since the last three were heroine addicts that screwed her over, one actually over-dosed in his bedroom at the apartment. She tells me about how now she is living paycheck-to-paycheck because it sucks renting alone with what she makes, as well as her other expenses.

(Hoo boy)

And I say to her: Well hey, I’m not a stranger! You think I could be your roommate? Of course, she says yes. She’s a little surprised. But she says yes. She tells me I can come by and check out the place, see if I like it, and decide if I still want to move in. I guess this is as good as a time as any to mention the fact that she had eight loving dogs. I knew this beforehand, she took them to work with her. But what did I care? They weren’t my responsibility, I just wanted to move out of my parent’s place and be independent. Alright. Okay.

Few days later I go and check the place out after work. My buddy comes with me to check it out with me after telling him about it. To my surprise, her boyfriend was there who she had never mentioned. Whatever, I guess the bills are getting split three ways than. That’s cool. She gives me a temporary parking pass to put in my windshield, and I take a look around, she tells me about the amenities and everything else I need to know, and I love it. The location was awesome, everything I needed was nearby, it was perfect. I tell her I’m definitely interested and want to move in. Great!

She follows me outside to get the parking pass back from me, and we talk about some other things I’ll have to do when I move in. She also tells me how her sister thinks I’m cute and is interested in me. Damn, things are looking up! Knowing this, I take the opportunity in full confidence to ask her sister on a date next time we are working together and of course she says yes. Damn. New apartment, going out on dates, things were really turning around for me. Unfortunately, things never went anywhere too serious with my roommate/manager’s sister. Even though I was led to believe they were going to, so that kind of stung. But that’s another short, and sort of funny story. But god damn do I wish things had worked out. Oh if I only knew what the alternative was. No point in dwelling on it though I suppose, it was out of my control.

While we’re at it, my roommate/manager’s boyfriend is also a total bum who didn’t work, and what money he did scrape together he would just smoke away. I guess they had been on and off for years, and he actually had just turned back up in her life just a couple days before I came to look at the place. I dealt with it, and he was friendly to me so whatever. I guess he never actually liked me though, and would get into fights with my manager and refer to me as her “work boyfriend” to piss her off, as well as always refer to me as “pretty-boy” behind my back. Of course I wouldn’t learn this until later on, but what I did learn, from my manager’s sister, was that her boyfriend had always been a bum. And that she was pretty sure he used to beat her, so I should keep an eye on things since I’m living with them. Yeah. Things are really looking up...

I know this probably doesn’t seem too interesting, I’ll admit, this is all the relatively normal stuff. Back then though, if only I could have known what kind of mess I was getting myself into, I would have cut and run a long time ago.

Part Three

A few months go by and my roommate’s boyfriend throws some tantrums, has some outbursts, the two of them are off again on again, and he’s still as much of a bum as ever. I talked to her about how I had heard some things concerning her and her boyfriend, and that if she ever felt like she needed help—I was there (there I go trying to play hero). At this point everyone at work was talking about her boyfriend, and I was lying for her that he wasn’t living with us. I guess before I turned up, she had told people at work about their crazy history and how she was done with him for good. Obviously that wasn’t the case. Point is, I didn’t put her sister as the one who told me these things.

Anyways, of course she denies it and says everything is fine, and as far as I could tell while I was around, there was no woman beating going on. So that was good.

Regardless, I was growing tired of this bum and his outbursts, and him smoking on the patio all the time and it getting in the apartment. And so was she, especially now that they were in one of their off-phases. We started talking about kicking him out. Her main concern though was grocery shopping and the like. She had bad anxiety, and always had someone go with her whenever she had to go out in public for whatever reason. Typically her boyfriend. But man, did I want this stuffhead gone. So I tell her I wouldn’t mind doing that. She’s my friend, there’s no harm in it. It doesn’t bother me. Whatever I gotta do so I can live peacefully and comfortably. She’s not too sure, and doesn’t want to be a burden, but she’ll think about it.

At this time someone from high school contacts me and tries to hire me to kill their boss since  they “felt I could.” Wow.

Now, one day I’m at work when my roommate snapchats me. She prefaces with how odd this might seem, but she figures she’s got nothing to lose in asking me. She’s wondering if I would be down to forget. Okay. Now, me being the absolute buffoon I am, instead of simply saying: Yes, or—sure, I tell her I’m looking for something more serious and not really into just hooking up.

And of course, that’s great. She’s even happier with that.

(Whew boy)

But I ask her, what about so-and-so? And she tells me today she is going to kick him out. Alrighty. Things are looking up (and not just my richard). I get home and she explains how she talked to him, and she’s giving him a week to find someplace else. That he’s not allowed back until she says so, that he has to spend all day trying to find a new place to live, and if by the end of the week whether or not he has found someplace, he’s gone. So, naturally, while he’s out all day and night, her and I do our thing.

(Audax, you idiot)

By the end of the week he has not found someplace else to live. He has locked himself in my roommate/now girlfriend’s bedroom, and he’s not leaving. She contacts her ex’s sister, and his sister tries to tell him she can stay with him for a while. This only pisses him off more, and he burns that bridge with his sister because she “stabbed him in the back by talking to my now-girlfriend.” My now-girlfriend threatens to call the cops if he doesn’t leave, so finally he does. Oh, also—turns out it was his birthday that day. Whatever. Till this day I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still crashing on some park bench in Boston.

Now, things are okay. Month or so in, and she’s already telling me while she’s half asleep that she loves me (yeah, I know) and I think it’s the sweetest thing ever. I almost catch chlamydia—

Oh, huh? Oh yeah. I almost catch chlamydia. Silly me! How could I forget to mention the part where a couple months before my girlfriend and I started loving, she had a three-way with her ex and best friend one night when the four of us were hanging out and drinking, and caught chlamydia from her best friend?! Must have slipped my mind! HAHAHA

And this wasn’t the only three-way she was guilted into, but I digress.

So I go and get tested and I come up negative. But because I had “known contact” with someone with the infection, they give me the antibiotic anyways. No love for seven days. Needless to say, that didn’t work out for either of us.

So I go back and get tested again, and I still come up negative. But because, once again I had known contact with someone who had chlamydia they give me another antibiotic. This time I’m a good boy. I still don’t know whether or not I ever actually had it, the odds of me somehow not catching it are crazy, but whatever. Yeah. WHATEVER.

Guess this is as good a place as any to mention the other thing about my girlfriend, mostly because I don’t know where else to mention this, but I want to paint a really good picture for all of you. Because, this is for all of you and your enjoyment :)

My girlfriend has a kid. Well, kind of. No, yeah. She absolutely had a kid. About five or six years before we had met each other she got pregnant with her—at this point—infamous ex. She wanted to abort it, except he swore up and down that if she did he was going to leave her, so she keeps it. Only until six months into the pregnancy, he’s all pissed off because she’s sick all the time, hormonal, has to help her, she has a big belly etc. and he’s not having it anymore. He wishes she would have just aborted it. Welp, too late now. So she has the baby, and they’re living with my girlfriend’s mother, and the two of them are trying to raise their baby. Her ex is throwing tantrums all the time because the stress is too much, and the stress is coming down on her too. Now, a piece of this next part I didn’t know until my girlfriend’s mother told me.

So my girlfriend’s mother comes home one day to find my girlfriend curled up, sitting in the floor, just staring at the wall. Boyfriend is nowhere to be found, probably smoking pot or skateboarding. And the baby is balling its’ eyes out in the crib. Her mother asks her what she’s doing, and my girlfriend says “She’s done.” That she’s not doing it anymore. She can’t and she won’t.

So anyways, she decides she’s going to put her kid up for adoption. She doesn’t want the thing anymore. Oh, but what a coincidence! My girlfriend’s mother can’t have kids anymore, and her and her husband wanted one more. So they adopt the baby.

So lemme break this down for you. Years before I met my girlfriend, she and her ex have a kid, don’t want it anymore, so her mother adopts the baby. So now this baby grows up thinking it’s biological mom (my girlfriend) is its’ sister, and that its’ biological grandmother is its’ mother. While in the meantime, the new mother (actually the grandmother) is putting together a nice little shoebox of pictures, love letters from my girlfriend’s ex, etc. so when she turns sixteen, she can give her the shoebox and tell her all about the truth of who her mother and father are. I wish I was making this stuff up.

But hey, whatever—right? It’s in the past. I’m a good guy, I can be a good guy, right? It doesn’t bother me! (It did).

Damn, this has been a lot to type out on a phone (I’ll get to that eventually). I think this is a good place to stop for now until later tonight or tomorrow. Questions, jokes, personal stories to relate—go right on ahead.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:01:55 PM by Awdax »

someone must have cursed you to live an interesting life...

thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom, old-timer

you could write a book about this. no joke.

but for real, this is where you've been huh? what made you want to come back here and really tell us all?

someone must have cursed you to live an interesting life...

thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom, old-timer

It certainly feels like that sometimes haha. When I was younger I did always have this lust for adventure, and want an exciting life and interesting stories like in the movies. I guess I did sort of end up getting what I wanted, but I realize now there are more important things. Things I’d rather have.

you could write a book about this. no joke.

but for real, this is where you've been huh? what made you want to come back here and really tell us all?

Hey man!

So I’ve been told, lol. I’ve been wanting to take on a project idea for a while, and some other things, make time for my old hobbies like I said, and I technically haven’t had any “free” time ‘till now, understandably. As well as some cool people I’ve met here, and obviously haven’t seen in a while and I’d like to get back in touch with. There’s a lot of people like that in my life, or well used to be, because of all this crap that went on, and unfortunately I can’t get them all back.

In all honesty, there were a lot of people in my life I should have listened to, people who knew what they were talking about, but unfortunately I thought I knew better. I thought I knew what I was doing, and I made some serious mistakes.

There’s still more to this story, and I wish I could say it has a completely happy ending, but it doesn’t. My point is, is if at least one person here, some doe-eyed shmuck that might be here living some innocent life like I used to, can see this, and hear this kind of thing from someone that isn’t family or a close friend, and maybe avoid making the same mistakes I did—well that’d be nice.

I’m getting ready for work now, but when I get home I’ll type up some more stuff.

how was the love

It was good. One of my favorite things was she had this implant that went in her arm, so she didn’t have to remember to take any birth control, and I didn’t have to wear a condom. It’s like 99% effective, and it’s pretty rare to get pregnant with it. Of course, there was the chlamydia scare early on, but after that it was “smooth sailing.” Well, as smooth as things could be I guess.

Part Four

Now, we are getting to the part where my hero complex and desperate need to “redeem myself“ comes into play.

It took only two or three months until this “issue“ came to light. It was about a month after the chlamydia scare. I was now beginning to get an idea of how serious my girlfriend’s anxiety and depression was. Which in all honesty, I can’t blame her for what isn’t her fault. She had a rough upbringing, and unfortunately never got all the help she needed. I neglected to mention earlier in one of the other parts what exactly sparked my girlfriend to approach me originally. It was one night when her, her ex, and I were hanging out drinking in the apartment. I must have gotten pretty drunk because I don’t remember most of it, but apparently I got pretty upset and just dumped all my feelings out about everything that had gone on in my life up until that point, and what I wanted out of life. How I wanted to settle down with someone, get married, maybe have a kid. Just live that normal kind of life. I guess this is what grabbed my girlfriends attention, and when she knew that about me her perception on me changed. I guess before that “fateful night” her and her sister had always assumed I was a “player,” or, someone who just kind of screwed around and didn’t have any interest in settling down.

So this girl was madly in love with me, and like I had mentioned before it only took about a month or so for her to start telling me that she loved me. Now, I’m not saying that if something like this ever happens to you, you should turn heel and run, because this sort of thing does happen I suppose under the right circumstances. But this wasn’t one of those times. Obviously, I didn’t think too much of it. I would say this was my first mistake, but there’s so many it’s hard to keep track of.

So where were we. We are about three months into the relationship, and she quits her job on the spot at the dog daycare. The owner had found out that we were living together, and that we were dating, and was upset by this. Like I said before, there’s some other funny stories that came out of this place, but now is not the time for them. So out of blind loyalty, I put in my two weeks and find a new job working for a security company. Unfortunately, my girlfriend didn’t do the same. And from this point on I was paying all of the bills, and buying all of our food with my crappy security pay and stuff hours. It was also at this time that she made me aware she had a pretty big issue with me having it go away one weekend a month. Yep. Just one weekend a month. And it was a problem. She wondered if there was any way I could get out of this. This, being my contract with the military. For those of you that have the slightest grasp of reality, you know this is impossible.

Now, you would assume that if somebody had a problem with this, in any normal situation, they would break up with their significant other. I wish it were that simple. I so badly wish I could say that’s what happened, and end of the story here. Launch Steam, and play some games with you guys. But things are never that simple. Instead, she got back into the habit of cutting herself. Most of the time she would try and sneak off in the middle of the night, so I’d hold her close and wait for her to fall asleep so she couldn’t. Let me tell you guys something, if you’ve never dealt with anything like this before, and you have no clue what you’re doing, no matter what anyone tries to tell you, talk to someone. Get some help or advice from someone who might have a better idea on how to deal with this crap. Don’t do it on your own.

Aside from cutting herself, she tells me she plans to kill herself. She tells me she loves me too much and can’t break up with me, that she refuses to live a life without me, that she can’t do it. And if that I can’t be truly “all hers” (because of the military) than she can’t continue living like that. I tried to reason with her, I tried telling her I was only in for a few more years and my contract would be over. Nope. I try talking to her about getting help, talking to someone. She explains to me how she went through all that before when she was a kid, therapists, medicine, the works—and apparently nothing helped. That she also didn’t want anyone to know because she didn’t want to get locked up somewhere and not be able to care for all her dogs. Let me tell you guys something else. If you ever have your own problems, don’t you loving ever be afraid to talk to someone. Friends, family, therapist, whatever. Talk to someone and get some help. Don’t let your fear or pride hold you back. There’s no shame in it, seriously. You gotta get out there, out of your head, and work on yourself. Work on yourself with someone who knows how.

She doesn’t know when she is going to do it, but she tells me she knows how, and begs me to understand. I dropped it, but every now and then I would try talking to her about getting help, trying something, to no avail. Thus began the commotion with me going away for my weekends. Leading up to it the week of, she would become distant and depressed. A couple times she “broke up with me” while I was gone, only to beg for me back once I returned, but also be depressed and distant for a few days after my arrival home. This was pretty stressful, and dealing with it every month was taking a toll on me. I refused to break up with this girl though. The way I looked at it was that it wasn’t her fault she had anxiety. It wasn’t her fault she was depressed. She could certainly have done more to help herself, but just because she had been dealt this hand in life, didn’t mean she didn’t deserve someone to love her and care for her. I didn’t want to abandon her.

Then came the day I came home from work and found her passed out drunk in the bathtub. Self Delete note on the sink. Knife sitting on the edge of the bath. Tub full of water. Her lips just barely above the water. Cuts on her leg, but not too deep. The water was pretty clean. Naturally, I drained the tub and took her out. She was still breathing, still obviously alive. I dried her off and got her dressed, and held her until she woke up a few hours later. I was and probably still am, a fool. I never called the cops. I had listened to everything she had said to me, and because she wasn’t actively dying or seriously hurt I figured everything was fine. I should have called the damn cops.

When she came to, she was still a bit tipsy. Once that wore off though she was pissed. She was pissed at herself for not killing herself properly, and she was pissed at me for helping her.

About to start my work for the day. When I get home I’ll type some more up. This is good for now I suppose.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:30:26 AM by Awdax »

so why is this person your girlfriend

Let me tell you kids something else.
ugh please 🙄
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:09:30 AM by sleep »

Don’t act like there aren’t kids on here. A lot of us that are here now we’re also here years before we were in high school or college. I’m not trying to come off as some great, older guy. I fixed it so it doesn’t come off so odd.

This is all in the past. I loved this girl, and at the time I thought I was doing the right thing. Like I said, I didn’t want to abandon her because of her issues that could be worked on. I will admit I was an idiot, and I should have listened to the people around me.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:34:56 AM by Awdax »

No offense but that girl's a nut

-snip-

Yeah I’d say that’s a pretty good representation of me a few months ago.

No offense but that girl's a nut

Oh it gets so much worse. She was very controlling and manipulative. The signs were all there but I gave her the benefit of the doubt a lot. I believed her when she told me her family was ass, and when her mother and sister warned me about her I didn’t listen. Hell, there’s a certain event I’ll get to and you’ll all know what a god damn idiot I am.

bruh ive found that any girl on any form of long term birth control (IUDs normally) are loony

thats from my experience at least, it sucks cuz those girls are also the most fun

bruh ive found that any girl on any form of long term birth control (IUDs normally) are loony

thats from my experience at least, it sucks cuz those girls are also the most fun

Damn. Makes me wish there was a better male burg co tell than condoms or vasectomy. I’ve never had love with a condom before, hoping it’s not as less satisfying as it might be.

Part Five

The morning following her Self Delete attempt I had to leave for my weekend drill. Though what had happened the night before wasn’t sitting well with me, and I asked my team leader for advice. He told me what an idiot I was and that if I had said something earlier I could have had the weekend excused to keep an eye on her. My team leader, platoon sergeant, and first sergeant find somewhere more private and discuss what had happened. I call my girlfriend to see that she’s alright, and she is. She sounds upset, but obviously she’s alive. She mentions she’s going out with her mother. So my team leader drives me back to our HQ so I can grab my car and go home. They advise me to call my girlfriend’s mother and let her know what happened. They also tell me I don’t have to come back tomorrow if I don’t want to, depending on how things go.

So I call and explain to my girlfriend’s mother what happened, and that I’m going home. She understands and is sorry I have to deal with this. I guess after that she sat down with my girlfriend and tried to talk to her, goad her into getting some help, and told her that I was home waiting for her. Guess my girlfriend just got angry, said she had to go, and left. That’s when she met me at home and was ripstuff that I had talked to somebody about her attempt. Real classy. She calmed down though. I talked to her mother, and she told me he and her sister would keep an eye on her and I should give her some space. So the next morning I left for drill after she gave me a hug goodbye and watched me drive away from my old bedroom window in the apartment.

When I got home that evening, she was out with her mother. I walk into the apartment only to find all of my things trashed. Clothes dumped all over the floor. Electronics scattered about. Booze poured over everything. My police academy certificate torn up. Cards/letters from my girlfriend torn up. An absolute mess. I have no shame, I’ll admit I cried. I was so confused. I didn’t think I did anything wrong. All I was trying to do was stop someone from killing them selves and get them to help they needed. I decided I’d pack and it was time to leave.

My girlfriend comes home and she’s sorry. She helps me clean up. She begs for another chance, she says she’s going to get help. Her friend sees a therapist and recommended her. Now this wouldn’t be an interesting story if I didn’t give her that second chance, would it?

So some time goes by while she tries to register, or well I think she’s trying. Things are relatively okay. She starts working at this small private zoo her dad’s friend owns, supposedly finds god, and says the religion stuff is helping her out. Alright than.

We go away for the weekend for my birthday, come back, doorknob to our apartment is acting up so she contacts the building maintenance guy. He says he’ll check it out, and also gives her a heads up that some of the lawn care guys have been complaining to the board about her having eight dogs. He explains she hasn’t done anything wrong, they’re just complaining in general. The old landlord knew about all her dogs and it was fine since there wasn’t an actual limit in the condo rule book. But now there are talks of them putting one in. Then one day I’m at work and my girlfriend texts me that she just got a call from the president of the condo association saying that they just established a two dog limit, and that she is in violation of it, so they are fining her, and will continue to fine her until she gets rid of all but two. She loses her stuff. She doesn’t go to work or get out of bed for three days. I try to reason with her but she refuses to get rid of any of the dogs, even to friends or family that might take one. She’s talking about killing herself again, everything is a loving mess. Finally I convince her to have some family and friends watch four of the dogs in the meantime, while my parents are going to let us stay at their house until we can find another place. So we’re a couple nights away from the day we’re going to pack up and move out, when she’s freaking out about killing herself again. I’ve had it at this point, so I call the police—and she BOOKS IT out the apartment. No phone, no keys, no shoes, nothing. The police come by and I give them a description so they can look for her, and they instruct me to call back if she comes home so they can stop looking for her, and that would be the end of it. Nothing more they could do. An hour or so goes by and I’m out on the patio, when I see her come creeping out of the woods, shivering and all dirty looking. I let her inside and pull out my phone so I can let the police know she’s home and safe, when she takes it from my hands, and bites down on it like a piece of loving jerky. I try to get it back and she smashes it on the floor. I get it back but it’s no use, the screen is screwed. So I take her phone to call the police and she tries to wrestle that away from me too. I rip it out from her hands and she falls over, grabs her elbow saying she thinks she broke it. I call the police and explain that she came back, what had happened, and that I’ll need paramedics. They explain they’re going to send the police since someone tried to stop me from calling 911, okay. So emergency services arrive and I explain to them what happened, my girlfriend explains what happened, and everything is cool, they take her to the hospital. Alright, forget this. I go and grab her dogs that my parents have been watching till we moved in, and bring them back to the apartment. I’m getting my stuff together and leaving. I realize I need to call out for work the next day, and luckily my phone still works using my earbuds/microphone with Siri. Lo and behold, I have a voicemail. From the hospital, asking me if I’m going to pick up my girlfriend. I oblige and go to pick her up, and she’s all messed up cause they had to sedate her and pop her elbow back into place. Turns out it got dislocated. She doesn’t remember anything that happened the past few hours, so I bring her home, fill her in, and tell her I’m leaving. She starts bawling her eyes out, begging me not to go. She says she’ll call all these places tomorrow and get some real help. Now, I hate seeing girls cry. I’m also a gullible fool. So I give her another chance.

We spend the following day packing up and moving into my parent’s place. She actually gets a hold of somebody as has an appointment scheduled, she even showed me the confirmation and everything. Nice. We’re only there a few days and my girlfriend tells me our old boss from the daycare heard what happened, and told us if we ever needed a place to stay, we could move in upstairs in the finished attic studio above the daycare (it used to be a house). My girlfriend wants to move there. forget. That. We are already staying someplace, what’s the issue? She argues that she can have ALL her dogs there. It really didn’t matter, and I really didn’t feel like living in the cramped finished attic of a daycare with her and eight god damn dogs. She drops it. A couple days later she asks me to ask my parents if one of the other dogs can come stay with us, since she couldn’t find anyone to take him and temporarily gave him back tot he rescue he came from, and she’s worried if they don’t find a home for him they’ll put him down. She tells me she already knows the answer but would feel terrible if she didn’t ask and try anyways. I already know what the answer is going to be and why, and I AGREE. Just so I could go early say I did, I ask my father and explain to him I know what he’s going to say and that I agree etc. He tells me exactly what I expected him to. So I tell her it’s a no go.

And. She. loving. Flips.

Packs her stuff, breaks up with me, and leaves with her stuff and the dogs. Alright, whatever. I call up a buddy of mine whose been wanting to hang out and we make plans to go out tonight. I’m a free man. My girlfriend texts me and says she is sorry and just wants to say some things “before she goes.” Alright, whatever. She comes over and apologizes for everything, tells me I was right, that I was always right etc. I ask her what she’s doing next and she won’t tell me. She says she isn’t going to the daycare. I ask her if she’s killing herself, she says she isn’t. She won’t tell me what or where she is going, and will only tell me she is sorry and that I was right. I’m figuring now that she’s probably going to go kill herself. But, I don’t know that for a fact—right? Even if I did try to do something, there’s nothing I could. It’s out of my control. We hug, she leaves. And that’s that. My friend comes over, we do some shots, go get some food and a couple drinks, go to a bar and have some more drinks, go to a strip club and have more drinks. It was a pretty sweet night, and it seemed like things were finally going to settle down.

(Hoo boy)

Been typing this up in between breaks. Gotta take care of one last thing at work, and when I get home I’ll type up some more. I’d say I’m about halfway or two-thirds of the way through this loving saga of mine.

Part Six

I wake up the next morning on the couch, hungover after the first good night I’ve had in a while. All alone, in my parents’ big empty house, they having left for the weekend. I wake up to text messages from my girlfriend’s sister, asking me if I know where my girlfriend is—she didn’t return to the daycare last night, and she isn’t answering anybody’s calls or texts. Of course. I tell her sister how she came by to apologize to me and left without saying where she was going or what she was doing. Her family and I file some missing persons reports. Fun fact: It’s a myth that you have to wait twenty-four hours before making one. So if you ever forget up like me and find yourself dealing with a missing person, don’t wait. Get on that stuff. It’s about six in the evening, and her family tells me the police pinged her phone in some town about forty minutes from me, a couple hours ago. After that nothing. Nobody knows who she knows from that area. About an hour later I get a phone call from a number I don’t recognize, with an area code from the previously mentioned town. Of course I answer it right away.

It was hard to make out at first, as the person on the other line was speaking very quietly, but I realize it’s my girlfriend. Turns out, after she said goodbye to me, she went to the hospital and had herself committed. It wasn’t until the next day that they found her a bed somewhere. So that solves that. My biggest issue at this point was figuring out to do with her furniture that was still at my parents’ house.

A couple days later she calls again and asks if I could bring her a sweater since it’s cold where they have her, and says I’m welcome to stay and visit. I do, and I stay. She tells me how they’re giving her medicine to help her, she’s talking to doctors and they’re very helpful, and how they’re arranging appointments with the therapist she made prior plans to visit for when she gets out. And to be honest, I’m sort of proud of her. All this stuff I went through has finally paid off, and she’s finally getting the help she needs. She talks about how she has realized she doesn’t need all her dogs, and will probably only keep four, she just needed to figure out something for the fifth one. She tells me about how she talked to her doctor, and how her doctor said it wasn’t a bad idea to still date but not love together if it wasn’t mutual, and she asks if I’ll give her another chance.

If you don’t know where this is going, you’re not paying attention.

After about a week, she gets out. She has her meds, her appointments, everything is cool. She’s working again as a manager at the daycare too. A couple weeks go by. She’s doing great! She’s still the same person, but she’s not having the crazy ups and downs she was having before. I go away for a weekend and she’s okay, she’s talking to me while I’m gone. She’s stabilized, and her new anti-anxiety meds keep that under wraps as well. I was so happy that things finally came together. Then she starts breaking out with some rash. We assume it’s some sort of heat rash at first and ignore it, but it doesn’t go away. No. It turns out she’s a bit allergic to the meds she’s taking. Naturally, she stops taking them. A little concerning, but she makes an appointment to see a doctor and get some new ones. Meanwhile, she’s still seeing her therapist every week.

Unfortunately the meds doctor had to reschedule as something came up.
And then my girlfriend missed the new appointment because she was caught up at work, and rescheduled.
Then the new appointment was weeks out, and she missed that too.
And she never rescheduled.
And never called.
And never got meds again.

This was concerning, but things seemed alright. She was still seeing her therapist, so that was a good sign. Some time goes by, and I injure my hands. I get surgery, and I need help for a bit. Painkillers were cool but I didn’t get addicted. Naw, the only thing I was addicted to was that crazy pusillanimous individual. I decide to bite the bullet and move into the daycare with my girlfriend, and she took care of me, and helped me, and loved me. She could have left me, not put up with that nonsense, but she didn’t. If there is anything I am sure about, even in the present day, long after all these events, and even after the ones I still have to tell, it’s that she loved me.

Time goes on. I get better. I get a new job, steered into a new career that I actually end up loving, and slowly settle in. It was somewhere during this time Electrk messages me on Steam wondering where I’ve been for the past year or so. I tell him my computer setup isn’t the greatest right now, and that I don’t even have a keyboard, but I’d be getting one soon. Sadly things didn’t work out as planned and it wouldn’t be a long time until I had things set up again.

I don’t even remember how it happened. It was gradual though. But she stopped seeing her therapist.

At one point an ex employee found out where we were living, and notified some town service, and some officials come by for an inspection. There’s only one means of egress in the attic, so nobody can be living up there. Of course we stay up there, but now my girlfriend is really searching for a more permanent place for us. She goes on Craigslist looking for private rentals, even puts up her own ad saying she’s looking for a place, and describes her situation. A few days go by and a real estate agent contacts her. Tells her about this special loan where you can get a house with no down payment, low interest, all sorts of goodies. The only downside is you’re sort of living in the damn boonies.

(Ah man)

I really wanted out of that daycare though. I really wanted to be living someplace normal again. And there was only one option. So we go house hunting. We find a house. We actually buy it. We move in. I’m a god damn home owner at the age of twenty-two.

Damn, I don’t want to break here just yet, my favorite part is coming up, but this is looking pretty long.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:44:39 PM by Awdax »

holy forget dude this is some crazy stuff. I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. I'm glad to see you back and alive! I'm hoping this story has a happy ending and you're doing better now...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:12:50 PM by Electrk.. »