Collecting Consoles

Author Topic: Collecting Consoles  (Read 3359 times)

Has anyone started a console collection? I would like to build this collection:
  • C64
  • SNES
  • N64
  • GameCube
  • Wii (Have)
  • Switch
  • XBOX
  • XBOX 360 (Have)
  • XBOX One X
One of my goals is to play through all of the Halo games on (close to) their original consoles. I feel sad that I used to have so many of these consoles and my family has just thrown them away over the years because we got "better" consoles. Now I wish I had them all back.  :nes:

I also have an OUYA which never really went anywhere and I couldn't get any use out of it trying to turn it into a Raspberry Pi.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:20:34 PM by ʻōhāwai »

this includes both home and handheld systems
didn't include some systems (nes, snes, og gba, a couple of ds models) as we either lost them and/or they broke
gen 8:
xbox one (original)
ps4 (original)
wii u (deluxe/black variant)
switch
ouya (does this count?)
3ds (aqua blue) + new 3ds xl (red)
psvita (original)
gen 7:
xbox 360 (phat, elite)
ps3 (slim)
wii
dsi (black) + dsi xl (burgundy)
psp 1000
gen 6:
og xbox (revision 1.0 motherboard)
ps2 (phat)
gamecube (black, w/ digital av out)
dreamcast
gba sp
gen 5:
ps1 (phat)
n64
gen 4:
genesis (model 2)
game boy pocket (green)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:45:15 PM by Mr Queeba »

i have:
da og xbox
da xbox 360
da xbox one

da psp
da ps1

da wii
da nintendo switch
the ds
the 3ds

i'm planning 2 to make a FAT investment into getting a PS2 and sum more og xbox games
maybe a dreamcast at some point

My Current Collection:
NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Wii U
Switch
GBC
GBA
GBA SP
GBA Micro
DS Lite
DSi XL
3DS
3DS XL
New 3DS
PS1
PSOne Slim
PS2
PSP
OG Xbox
Genesis

i only got like a wii and a ps3

i only have an xbox360 and a ps2 slim that is very very choosy about which disks it likes

the net worth of all of these lists is like $5,000 or above. some are even around $20,000. you could easily just use that money to buy a loving house and stop living with your parents and your 30 game consoles you loving dweebs

no cap once you own a pink GBA you've ascended this plane

I feel sad that I used to have so many of these consoles and my family has just thrown them away over the years because we got "better" consoles. Now I wish I had them all back.
same!! it sucks

3ds
ds
gb
gba
gamecube
mega drive, model 1
n64
ps2
ps3
ps4
psp
psvita
wii
wiiu
xbox

entire game collection
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/snot2/games/owned

og xbox (revision 1.0 motherboard)
open it and remove the clock capacitor, it leaks and burns the insides with its acid
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:53:03 AM by snot2 »

The PSP was so much fun. I modded mine and put some kind of Windows XP skin on it. I would take it everywhere with me and pretend I had a cool small portable computer

the net worth of all of these lists is like $5,000 or above. some are even around $20,000. you could easily just use that money to buy a loving house and stop living with your parents and your 30 game consoles you loving dweebs

no cap once you own a pink GBA you've ascended this plane
you can buy a ps2 for like 20 bucks bro

i gotta og xbox, a switch, xb360, black game boy USED to have a blue one idk where that went and a dsi
we used to have a wii but sold it which was loving stupid i want it back i had fun on wii fit man

i gotta og xbox, a switch, xb360, black game boy USED to have a blue one idk where that went and a dsi
we used to have a wii but sold it which was loving stupid i want it back i had fun on wii fit man

My brother's girlfriend gave me her Wii and I modded it. It looks pretty poor on a flat screen though. They can only do like 480p iirc. If you stand far back it's not so bad. I got some kind of HDMI splitter from AliExpress which claims to improve the quality and it may have helped a bit.

I'm waiting until Animal Crossing is released before I buy a Switch because I really hope they release a bundle with an Animal Crossing themed Switch.

you can buy a ps2 for like 20 bucks bro
In fact you could probably even get one for £1 if you look hard enough