Author Topic: YouTube now banning Hacking & Netsec videos from their platform  (Read 3204 times)

hacking is just incredibly aggressive and targeted bugtesting. you can't possibly be testing on live outside services in good faith. there are better ways to attempt this- ie making a website yourself and testing every fault so you learn about security naturally and fix each one of them
the problem with this idea is each system is built differently and just cause you follow the same general architecture doesnt mean the same exploits are available. for example there was a weaponized exploit for slot machines that made use of weaknesses in the RNG in the code running it. you can replicate this issue post-mortem as practice and seeing how it works, but not discover existing issues this way, which is the whole point of computer security

yeah black hat hacking is illegal, but this stuff also gets white hat hackers into the field as well as directly punish companies that dont take computer security seriously.

i honestly believe anyone who turns to malicious hacking would not be deterred by the lack of videos on youtube of all places. if anything it would force white hat hackers to be more shady to stay on top of things
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:03:22 PM by Conan »

Ignore PhantOS he's a paid shill

I tHiNk WhItE hAt AnD bLaCk HaT aRe ClEaRlY tribal aNd HeRe'S wHy:

I tHiNk WhItE hAt AnD bLaCk HaT aRe ClEaRlY tribal aNd HeRe'S wHy:
-Vox

Well it was a matter of time. They're kicking history channels, non-shill science channels, and Ambient channels, no doubt they'll go for hacking channels. Hacking channels especially pose a threat to the establishments they're pandering to so rip. There are other platforms that people will migrate to, but monetizing them and fanbase transfer are the main issues. Its a shame, but not much you can do about it besides backing up vids and supporting independent creators.

-Vox

Ambient channels
Why ambient channels of all things???

Why ambient channels of all things???
insert surround sound joke here