Author Topic: [Weapon Pack] SWeps Melee v1.21  (Read 9360 times)

SWeps Melee
Version 1.2

Updates
1.21   07/20/2019    added onMeleeHit event, fixed melee weapons not giving points for killing bots
1.207/18/2019    Fixed damage checks, fixed update with updating hands and the fists item
1.107/18/2019    Fixed hands not updating properly for forced avatars

Here is a complete revamp of the melee weapons that were part of SWeps a while back
They now have swing animations and different mechanics and a ton of sounds
Also I havent played blockland in a while and there may be bugs that i have to fix, but I'm fairly certain mostly everything is functioning pretty well

Where the melee weapons hit will be accurate to the animation of the swing
Blunt weapons will put the victim into a disarmed state for a period of time, signified by yellow stars
disarmed opponents can move but they will be unable to use their weapon for that period of time

Sharp weapons typically do more damage but do not disarm

One handed weapons can parry by right clicking, if your opponent hits you within a short duration of you parrying it will put them into a stunned state
stunned opponents have red stars over their head, cannot move, and cannot attack, their current horizontal velocity is also dropped
If you fail a parry you will be unable to attack or parry again for 1.5 seconds

One handed weapons swing horizontally across, with a very brief windup

Two handed weapons have two swing patterns; overhead and thrust
Two handed weapons do very high damage but have a significant windup time
Left clicking with a Two handed weapon will start its windup animation, however by holding down left click, you can delay the swing by up to 0.7 seconds, this can allow you to trick out parrys fromOne handed weapons

Baseball Bat
Blunt
Medium cooldown
Medium range
45 DMG

Machete
Sharp
Slow cooldown
Medium range
90 DMG

Frying Pan
Blunt
Fast cooldown
Short range
40 DMG

Pipe Wrench
Blunt
Fast cooldown
Short range
35 DMG

Meat Cleaver
Sharp
Very fast cooldown
Very short range
50 DMG

Sledgehammer
Blunt
Two handed overhead
Extremely slow cooldown
High range
150 DMG

Hockey Stick
Blunt
Two handed overhead
Very slow cooldown
High range
90 DMG

Shovel
Blunt
Two handed thrust
Very slow cooldown
High range
90 DMG

Pitchfork
Sharp
Two handed thrust
Extremely slow cooldown
High range
150 DMG

Fists

Extremely fast cooldown
Extremely short range
20 Dmg
Right click to kick for 30 DMG
If you combo two punches and then a kick, the kick will do double damage
You cannot parry fists

There are two other weapons in the pack not listed here, they are easter egg weapons, and are not balanced, if you don't know what they are, you'll just have to download to find out (;

There is a pref to modify all the damage values of these weapons they are balanced in terms of damage for melee on melee combat
$Pref::Swol_Melee_DamageMod
All the damage will be multiplied by this factor, if you plan on adding these weapons into say a death match with guns you might want to set it to a value of like 1.5 (put this in console $Pref::Swol_Melee_DamageMod = 1.5;)
To revert this pref set it to 1 or "" (put this in console $Pref::Swol_Melee_DamageMod = 1;)
If you quit blockland normally this pref should save

This pack does NOT require SWeps, but will work with it

Anyways thanks for coming to my ted talk

Download SWeps_Melee

Swololol.com
1.9mb
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:21:07 AM by Swollow »

Very tasty.

EDIT
I can't seem to actually be able to spawn or use anything but the fists.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:30:36 PM by jarelash »

redownload i had to fix something

Still can't spawn them. Trying to spawn with them doesn't actually equip any kind of an item.

how is a cleaver blunt

how is a cleaver blunt
oops it is sharp, just wrote it wrong in topic

Still can't spawn them. Trying to spawn with them doesn't actually equip any kind of an item.
redownload, im like 99% sure i fixed it

Alright. Everything but the parrying and kicking mechanics seem to work now.

hey everyone!
quick little update, realized that the way the this addon handled avatars it would only update for the player's selected avatar, so if you had some sort of gamemode that forced avatar parts it would instead be trying to use the player's custom avatar parts for colors and nodes, the 1.1 update will fix that
nothing else has been changed

Swollow, I'm not sure how you did it, but these weapons can teamkill people when slayer has teamkill disabled.  People can even damage others while outside of minigame.

oh haha thats another thing i forgot to do, basically i made this addon pack for a gamemode specifically tailored around it, stopped playing blockland for a month and then came back and was like oh i should release this and forgot about all this stuff

1.2 has proper damage checks
also fixed a minor bug with hands getting switched to hooks when switching between fists and other melee weapons

thanks for telling me! surprised that there was a tdm server with these addons and 20+ players at a time and no one said anything