Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime

Author Topic: Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime  (Read 1670 times)

Dare I say one of the best Talking Heads songs ever, and certainly the most out-standing track off of their 1980 post-punk album "Remain in Light" (released by Sire Records), with an exception maybe made to their other hit single off of the same album, "Houses in Motion". But we're not here to talk about that. We're here to enjoy "Once in a Lifetime". It has a crisp new wave sound, courtesy of the bands bassist and drummer, Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz, respectively. The song even resides in the Library of Congress for it's historical significance. Some say it was the height of David Byrne's career. Critics praise it as their magnum opus, one of the greatest songs out of the 1980s alone, or even the 80s itself, but one thing is for sure, despite it's quirky video and it's not so lost verse, "Once in a Lifetime" is a banger track that everyone should have the pleasure to listen to in Blockland, so enjoy my friend.

Great song- no mention of Eno’s production though, for shame

Great song- no mention of Eno’s production though, for shame
Oh yeah? Think you're quirky huh starfish? What gives? What puts you in a position to patronize me? Demean me? Deplatform me? Just because I didn't mention "Brian Eno"? forget him. forget you. Piece of stuff. You think just because you got 8 years under your belt on this god damn train-wreck of a discussion platform you can come into my topic and belittle me and my musical inquisition? Just cause you can build your little castles, place those little bricks? Oh yeah. I'm tired of this god damn stuff you keep giving me Mega Bear. Every day I wake up to see your smug loving face on my forum and I cringe in disgust. You absolute roosterroach, feeding off the carcass that is this subforum. Leave my thread. Leave my sight. You loving slob of a human being. How dare you disrespect me, in my own thread, because I didn't go on a page rant sucking "Brian Eno"'s richard. Oh yeah huh? If he was so good, why was "Remain in Light" their last collaboration? Huh? HUH? Riddle me that joker, you funny funny guy yeah. forget you. You absolute coon. I'm so pissed off right now I'm at a loss of god damn words. Have fun with the anthrax letters I'm sending to your house to loving stuffbag. My shooters are going to wet your loving entire block if you ever try disrespecting me like this again. Try building your little "Lando Planet" in a wheelchair you loving paraplegic cuck. Think you know better than me. I'm a connoisseur of the new wave, who the forget are you? Go back to playing with your little bricks kid. Peace.

edit: sorry
it's ok just don't forget to mention Eno next time