Did Badspot completely abandon this game?

Author Topic: Did Badspot completely abandon this game?  (Read 6012 times)

okay, okay but if there's still a lot of us who are keeping the game fresh and alive with the forum and all the addons that were making then why wont he just make another update?
that's not how updates work. you don't just make new updates proportional to the activity of the game. you fix whatever's feasible to fix in small patches. naturally as more things get fixed there will be less frequent updates. we're at the point where most of the absolutely game-breaking bugs have been fixed so there's no reason to do much else except in the rare cases when some exploitable bug arises

if you're looking for new content, there's a whole thread for add-ons where you can expand your game experience.

that's not how updates work. you don't just make new updates proportional to the activity of the game. you fix whatever's feasible to fix in small patches. naturally as more things get fixed there will be less frequent updates. we're at the point where most of the absolutely game-breaking bugs have been fixed so there's no reason to do much else except in the rare cases when some exploitable bug arises

if you're looking for new content, there's a whole thread for add-ons where you can expand your game experience.
Yeah that makes sense

did your mom completely abandon your vaginal juice ridden infant body?
Ouch..

I actually think bots and .blb doors are really good and useful updates :(

especially the doors since it makes making interactive bricks loving easy as piss
bots are freaking underrated, they’re so good compared to literally everything before

and doors opened a lot of easy ways to make door bricks and normalized using “prop-like” bricks in builds

Literally this and this. Nobody in here has complained about these, Durka.

I think the next logical step/update would be sideways building. Bricks specialized with studs on the sides, and the ability to rotate the default bricks onto their sides so you can attach them to these "side-studded" bricks.

I think the next logical step/update would be sideways building. Bricks specialized with studs on the sides, and the ability to rotate the default bricks onto their sides so you can attach them to these "side-studded" bricks.
so brickadia

procedural brick grids are feasible with static shapes and fxdtsbricks do derive from them so im sure some dll wizard could cook up some sort of individual grid building system that allows you add and build on instanced grid objects that can be parented and mounted to other brick grids. the main problem with this is obviously expanding the octree so that collisions and transform can actually be feasibly calculated. of course, the more brick grids you have on the server the harder it's gonna be to run the game
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:08:56 PM by PhantOS »

Work on the same project continuously for 12 years and see how sick of it you get.

theres still a lot of stupid bugs, esp with the engine, but i suppose we cant expect badspot to fix those. for example negative number modulo math is 100% forgeted. also the default round(%num) function rounds completely incorrectly.

these tend to be workaroundable/so minor they don’t really matter, so i get it, but the line between game breaking and not game breaking is pretty wide and up to personal perspective

and some content that adds a ton to the critical gameplay loop through modern tools, like new duplicator, would likely help increase new player retention a lot without costing much extra effort. imagine people like king leo who pick up this game to build, but find the default tools/controls lackluster and give up without learning that things like modter floating support or new dup exist
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 05:42:03 AM by Conan »

I agree. Making more stuff default would make the game better for new people and help with any player retention.
Small stuff like round would also be super easy and quick to fix and be an easy way to make the player base happier.

Work on the same project continuously for 12 years and see how sick of it you get.
this is a dumb argument because its always possible to hand over the game to people who are more willing to work on it. you don't have to be stuck with the project entirely by yourself

theres always improvements you can make to the game. it doesnt have to be a "finished game". like yeah you can totally just leave it as-is but you could also keep adding to it and keep players hooked

this is a dumb argument because its always possible to hand over the game to people who are more willing to work on it. you don't have to be stuck with the project entirely by yourself

theres always improvements you can make to the game. it doesnt have to be a "finished game". like yeah you can totally just leave it as-is but you could also keep adding to it and keep players hooked
this

he didnt "completely" abandon it but i can tell he's getting really burnt out. i do hope he can find some new blood who would be willing to buy out this game for a reasonable price for both sides

Yeah but it also takes effort to find someone to take over the game. I don't think there's anyone out there who Badspot trusts enough to take over for him

there's no such thing as 'finding someone to take over the game.' its selling rights to a studio that wants to buy it. and right now there's probably no studios on the planet willing to buy the game for a high enough price that badspot wants to sell out at.

buying blockland is the riskiest investment in history, with a payout of like 0.001%
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:19:28 AM by PhantOS »

there's no such thing as 'finding someone to take over the game.' its selling rights to a studio that wants to buy it. and right now there's probably no studios on the planet willing to buy the game for a high enough price that badspot wants to sell out at
whats the price he wants to sell it out at again

Nah he makes bug fixes every once in a while