[Item] Jar Of Dirt

Author Topic: [Item] Jar Of Dirt  (Read 8187 times)

beautiful .cs file makes the deathsword look like the mona lisa
theres need to harp on about the quality of a newbie modder’s addon so unproductively. you seem to have a tendency to pick out stuff you dont like/feel is low quality and attack it, from what ive seen in BCC

two tips to not come off as an starfish when criticizing something
1) dont use judgement/good-bad words, be specific about qualities that need work. ex: instead of saying “your code has stuff formatting/quality,” say “your spacing/tabbing and syntax needs some work to be easy to read/debug”
2) point out some good qualities/things that positively surprised you, or if there isn’t really anything specific, just be encouraging in general. ex: models pretty nice, congrats on your first item addon, etc

unless you actually are intending to insult them, in which case you should realize that most people do notice and will start to dislike you/dislike you more. making good stuff or being able to recognize the problems in something doesnt excuse you from being an starfish.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:22:18 PM by Conan »

i've got a jar o dirt

i did say in bcc that the model was nice and that rem managed to put in the Item string in the weapon image as the actual item unlike a certain baldspot
plus i also pointed out what was going wrong in the script there

You did, but you also act as if the mistakes of a newbie has offended you

Remanedur didn't ask to be barraged with message after message about their mistakes nor the statement/insult of his script making some poorly made add-on look like the Mona Lisa, even after you were told to drop it in the BCC, you decided to repeat yourself here as well

If you really wanted to help, you should have only mentioned that Remanedur's add-on had some mistakes in the script and asked if they needed help correcting it

beautiful .cs file makes the deathsword look like the mona lisa

why do u gotta be like this

i did say in bcc that the model was nice and that rem managed to put in the Item string in the weapon image as the actual item unlike a certain baldspot
do you really think remanedur modelled this stuff

They did, the progress was seen when they asked for help with it in BCC.

i really wouldnt be surprised if teneski was giving him "constructive criticism" (baby stepping him throughout the entire loving process of 3d modelling)

i really wouldnt be surprised if teneski was giving him "constructive criticism" (baby stepping him throughout the entire loving process of 3d modelling)
Eksi isn't as active as he used to be, so no, and no one else held their hand through the process either

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here

Eksi isn't as active as he used to be, so no, and no one else held their hand through the process either

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here
kidalex being kidalex man

you really know a game is dead when a literal jar of dirt causes this much toxicity

https://streamable.com/0znsc

it's a jar of dirt not stuff you absolute cretin

im just saying no ones first models are typically that good
they usually look like garbage