Author Topic: Is there any way to set the maximum rotation speed on a player type?  (Read 2441 times)

Looking to replicate Mode 7 somehow, I would like to know if this is possible.

what do you mean by replicate mode 7? how does player rotation speed affect it? all mode 7 does is pass yaw and pitch vector to a shader

eg limited rotation speed turrets

answer is no

for turrets, might be able to have a separate bot that follows the aim at a slower rate
so each tick it'd move slightly towards the player's aim, at whatever max speed you want

that is a good idea but is that possible server sided?? like getting the aim of the players

if it's not then maybe you could have 2 bots? 1 that the player controls instantly that is invisible (which is basically their aim) and another that tries to mimic the rotation of the player's bot (but slowly)

phflack ur a loving genius

I've done this with the my helicopter minigun, you control it without being mounted to it, also allows you to limit what angles it can aim at (along the yaw axis, not pitch)

im mad i didnt think of this sooner

is it a perfect option?
no
it has its caveats and downsides compared to doing it the normal way but you have to work within the current known limitations

but you should never outright say something isn't possible

that is a good idea but is that possible server sided?? like getting the aim of the players
hopefully it's possible, otherwise guns would be horrendously broken
:cookieMonster:

hopefully it's possible, otherwise guns would be horrendously broken
:cookieMonster:
it is i just realized that when i pressed alt s rip

also i think this method would actually result in a cooler turret
slowing down the camera is annoying
but having a gun follow your aim slowly feels more badass and like it's a big gun