Author Topic: what is the default key for trigger 1  (Read 1817 times)

onTrigger... if(%trig == 1) // what key is it?
there are 5 slots to use in script:
0: activate
1: use
2: jump
3: crouch
4: jet
I don't know what is "use"
I found out that bots can activate slot 1 key when they attack.
What I need now is to know what key activates that slot. I tried putting everything on the keyboard but nothing activates it

Should probably be in help thread. Anyways, as far as I can tell the 'use trigger' is the e button when in a minigame with paint disabled, although I'm not 100% certain since it could be the activate trigger as well

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=192389.0

Edit: Nevermind I have no clue what it could be but I am very curious as to what its for now
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:28:34 PM by Goth77 »

Pretty sure it's not used for anything.

Pretty sure it's not used for anything.
Do you know how can I use it? like for example, I want to add some special move by pressing 'slot 1'  key in the keyboard.
Can I define which button will be slot 1?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:53:52 PM by BlockAlpha »

Do you know how can I use it? like for example, I want to add some special move by pressing 'slot 1'  key in the keyboard.
Can I define which button will be slot 1?
You can only bind keys on the client side.

You can only bind keys on the client side.
Ok but still, if everyone will use the key for slot 1 (which I decided that there should be) it will work for everyone after all, right?
Now what I need to know is if is there a way to make slot 1 being a key in keyboard..
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:35:51 PM by BlockAlpha »

The only thing you could really do is have a client sided mod with a keybind and then have the client call a server command when they push the key and then have the server command call .onTrigger with the proper arguments. But then it's essentially useless to have the server command call .onTrigger because you have the server command being called so you can just use that instead.

What are you trying to accomplish?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:39:16 PM by jes00 »

The only thing you could really do is have a client sided mod with a keybind and then have the client call a server command when they push the key and then have the server command call .onTrigger with the proper arguments. But then it's essentially useless to have the server command call .onTrigger because you have the server command being called so you can just use that instead.
Why not just - make a new client-sided add-on which adds specific key for 'slot 1', and when someone will make an add-on which includes the use of 'slot 1' key, he will tell everyone to download that add-on?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:55:42 PM by BlockAlpha »

Why not just - make a new client-sided add-on which adds specific key for 'slot 1', and when someone will make an add-on which includes the use of 'slot 1' key, he will tell everyone to download that add-on?
You could but it'd accomplish the same thing if you had the keybind the client uses call a server command and just use that, instead of having the server command call .onTrigger.

You could but it'd accomplish the same thing if you had the keybind the client uses call a server command and just use that, instead of having the server command call .onTrigger.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. it sounds even better but the thing is that I have no idea how to write the code for this.

What are you trying to accomplish?
I was working on my blocko shooter I made like 4 years ago and I added the option to sprint ("crouch" key which is slot 3) and the option to crouch (which was "jet" slot 4). I don't want to use slot 4 since it's for aiming in weapons, but I need a new trigger for my crouching ability.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:06:21 PM by BlockAlpha »

I was working on my blocko shooter I made like 4 years ago and I added the option to sprint ("crouch" key which is slot 3) and the option to crouch (which was "jet" slot 4). I don't want to use slot 4 since it's for aiming in weapons, but i need a new trigger for my crouching ability.
You could use the brick plant key, the light key, or something like that.

You could use the brick plant key, the light key, or something like that.
Are you sure it's possible on player-types? I know the light key works for reloading in weapons (anyways I need the light key for the reload). If so, Can you write a working command which uses the plant key?
or an add-on you know which use that?
btw:

could be possible?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:20:54 PM by BlockAlpha »

What Jes is trying to say is that since the "use" trigger has seemingly no viable use, that it's relatively pointless to go through the trouble of applying it to a keybind. You could much easier use one of the numpad keys or the next/previous seat key for whatever purpose

I do still find the use trigger curious since I'd really like to know exactly when that trigger is called; or at the least what it was meant for if anything

Are you sure it's possible on player-types? I know the light key works for reloading in weapons (anyways I need the light key for the reload). If so, Can you write a working command which uses the plant key?
or an add-on you know which use that?
You can use any existing keybind that communicates with the server.
One of the main reasons people use the onTrigger keys is because they have an up and down state that's called on the server. If you don't need to know the up and down state of the key, most other keybinds will work just fine.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the trigger numbers just stem from the default TGE code. 1 is alt fire.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:53:59 PM by jes00 »

Ok, so the thing is that the key should be 'sticky', like onTriggerUp or onTriggerDown, so that when you hold the button he crouch but when you lift up it stops. I'm not sure if it's possible with cmd server commands. is it?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 02:45:55 AM by BlockAlpha »