Blockland Development

Poll

How do you feel about Blockland's Development?

Very Satisfied
Satisfied
Not Satisfied
It's only bug fixes from here on out
We were better off keeping interior and terrain

Author Topic: Blockland Development  (Read 4819 times)

To be honest i'm just glad that a game like Blockland thats been around since 2007 is still alive through its community.

We’re kind of a bunch of stuffbags with nowhere to go.

Pretty sure I’ll die here.

It would be cool to see a content update here and there instead of just bug fixes all the time but for the most part I'm pretty happy with how development has been

Wish maps came back tbh, since they were removed for the sake of easier development in the future, which didn't end up happening.

I think some community addons or saves becoming default would be enough to make people happy at this rate. And now that I think about it, I think terrains and interiors would be a tiny yet neat addition, because people mostly use slate/flat anyways.

I think terrains and interiors would be a tiny yet neat addition
They were part of the game for years, but were removed for Shadows and Shaders. Look for V20 and you'll see.

the game is ancient and i don't know what really could be feasibly added that would work with th egame
opinion: hats are dumb and people care way too much about maps

They were part of the game for years, but were removed for Shadows and Shaders. Look for V20 and you'll see.
Were shaders too costly for terrain and maps?

terrains and interiors are overrated

This game and forums have been a big part of my life, like I got Blockland when i was about 10 or 12yrs old, I used to play almost everyday but now being 23 it's something I check out once in a blue moon sometimes in short bursts, lack of motivation to make anything (and perfectionism heh) keep me from coming back. I tried making some modpacks but there was alot of outdated info on the subject and life got in the way.

Honestly all I'd want for Blockland is to be updated to a newer engine, because the experience itself is very unique its like a LEGO version of Garry's Mod to me, hell even Steam Workshop support, if it can be implemented would be amazing. I do miss maps but I doubt they were the sole cause of the game losing popularity, tbh Im fine with a small group like this, theres still servers you just need to find the right time to play. Tbh I'm not so sure if Badspot cares as much anymore about the game, if he wants to move on I'm fine with that but I just wish he'd tell us about it, or I dunno hand over some development to some dedicated fans?

TL;DR: I think we should move Blockland to another engine and or hand over development to people who are very dedicated to it if Badspot doesn't want to work on this anymore, and Badspot should be transparent about whats going on development wise or tell us if he doesn't wanna work on this game anymore.