Doom Thread 3.1 - "DRM Free" Edition

Author Topic: Doom Thread 3.1 - "DRM Free" Edition  (Read 2602 times)

Thread 3.1

Source ports
 ZDoom
  (G)ZDoom downloads DOOM2.wad or DOOM.wad is required to use (G)ZDoom.
  ZDoom v2.8.1 is the barebones source port. Non-openGL.
  GZDoom is an OpenGL version of ZDoom that provides a lot more options. It even adds bloom for brightmaps too.
  ★Get started with GZDoom (Video)

PrBoom
 PrBoom homepage
 If you want the most vanilla experience but with some tiny features, get PrBoom. It can run nuts.wad.

Zandronum
  Zandronum.com
  Zandronum is multiplayer doom. Just like GZDoom you can use it as a source port for singleplayer too.

Editing tools
GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix
  GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix
  Doom builder 2, but x10 better. Voxel, 3D model, dynamic lights, and 3D floor support.

Slade 3 (3.1.5 as of now)
  slade.mancubus.net
  Slade 3 is probably one of the best editors I know when it comes to non-mapping in doom modding.
  Note: to compile ACS in Slade 3, you need to go to ZDoom.org and download ACC to compile your ACS text files into a .acs format. And yes, there are ACS de-compilers on there too.

This thread mainly covers classic doom games, but you may talk about the new Doom games aswell.
May or may not edit some things to this later

this is not a bump i swear im just saying doom eternal is coming out nov 22 haha

can it please be november 22 already

Is it worth learning how to make doop maps or is it just a stupid gimmick

it's worth it, you can make some cool stuff with gzdoom

I wanna play eternal so baaaad!

there are plenty of good tutorials out there, the hardest part is just thinking of map ideas once you learn how to make em

posted this in the last doomthread so i'll post again-
i made a doom wad called "jurassic joel" a year ago for vinesauce joel (vargskelethor)'s doom wad contest. i didn't win the contest but i've been adding alot of stuff to the mod ever since he played it.
i made a public release on july 9th of this year so if anybody wants to play it, here you go:

(click on img for release trailer as well as download in description)

mod is for GZDoom btw

posted this in the last doomthread so i'll post again-
i made a doom wad called "jurassic joel" a year ago for vinesauce joel (vargskelethor)'s doom wad contest. i didn't win the contest but i've been adding alot of stuff to the mod ever since he played it.
i made a public release on july 9th of this year so if anybody wants to play it, here you go:

(click on img for release trailer as well as download in description)

mod is for GZDoom btw

You just got featured on the vinesauce joel highlights channel. Congrats mango

You just got featured on the vinesauce joel highlights channel. Congrats mango
thanks! i've actually spoken to superwiibros (one who co-edits with joel), and asked him if my wad was gonna be in there and he said he would definitely put it in.
hopefully people seeing jurassic joel on the highlights will make them want to play it. there's a person that did a highest difficulty run of my wad (and posted the playthrough on youtube) which was really cool!

there are plenty of good tutorials out there, the hardest part is just thinking of map ideas once you learn how to make em
I don't see the point since there's so many maps and if I really wanna make something unique it would take a long ass time