kokonut/maxymax13 - obsessive nitpicking

Author Topic: kokonut/maxymax13 - obsessive nitpicking  (Read 27979 times)

imagine if when you made your ammo gun i immediately made a better version with reloading, custom model, and effects and released it an hour after yours. technically im not doing anything wrong, but it comes off as me trying to make your addon irrelevant by posting a “better” version right after.

max should make rape mod 2 so we can forgive him

imagine if when you made your ammo gun i immediately made a better version with reloading, custom model, and effects and released it an hour after yours. technically im not doing anything wrong, but it comes off as me trying to make your addon irrelevant by posting a “better” version right after.

I wouldn't care :)

literally right after that screenshot we talked about how we could release it and link each other's vests, he very much knew i was gonna post it beforehand
sorry 4 double post but i just realised
wheres the loving source you numbskull none of us can figure out if ur lying

i mean making an objectively better version of anything is... objectively better. obviously iterating off other people's work only yields a higher quality product. the only way the original creator could possibly be upset would be if they made the original mod for personal reasons only. if you were motivated to provide some form of content that's missing then you'd definitely be happier with a better version being made, one that expands upon more than what you could do

i mean making an objectively better version of anything is... objectively better. obviously iterating off other people's work only yields a higher quality product. the only way the original creator could possibly be upset would be if they made the original mod for personal reasons only. if you were motivated to provide some form of content that's missing then you'd definitely be happier with a better version being made, one that expands upon more than what you could do
the polite way of doing it would be to offer to collaborate, and if they don’t want to then at least wait a while before releasing your superior version. as a person who’s been upstaged quite often it’s really discouraging when there’s a douche sitting in front of you always reminding you that you’re leagues behind them, and that’s just not something worth caring about enough to follow through in a dead lego game
so yes, making an objectively better version is better for the mod, but you’re partaking in killing yet another content creator for the game

perry why are all your opinions bad

perry why are all your opinions bad
so rather than introducing something better to the modding community that benefits everyone, you just shouldn't... because moral reasons?

like the whole purpose of design in general is iterating and innovating upon similar concepts with the goal of making new things.

the polite way of doing it would be to offer to collaborate, and if they don’t want to then at least wait a while before releasing your superior version. as a person who’s been upstaged quite often it’s really discouraging when there’s a douche sitting in front of you always reminding you that you’re leagues behind them, and that’s just not something worth caring about enough to follow through in a dead lego game
so yes, making an objectively better version is better for the mod, but you’re partaking in killing yet another content creator for the game
the only thing you can lose in this scenario is your pride and as a creator of any medium you're encouraged to not have a hubris. there's always more work to be done, in fact it would be flattering to make something and see another person realize it fully and expand upon it further in ways I couldn't imagine. being upstaged by someone in a modding scene is trivial, it's not like there's anything at stake