kokonut/maxymax13 - obsessive nitpicking

Author Topic: kokonut/maxymax13 - obsessive nitpicking  (Read 28048 times)

you don't have to be a chef to tell you just bit into a turd
yes but doesn't mean u get to one-up and put people down for doing any miniscule thing wrong

the dude's a dumbass who either doesnt realize or care about the impact of his actions on other people (in his own damn modding community). he's not gonna stop dismissing anything we say, the best decision is to just boycott his work, it's mediocre modelling work anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes but doesn't mean u get to one-up and put people down for doing any miniscule thing wrong
he's gordon ramsay

if you can figure out how to model, you can figure out how to not be a cunt

babey yeah mmmhm babey Cool.

not like anyone gives a forget but blatant spam like that does get your account banned idk

imagine being offended that someone uploads an addon right after yours like it changes anything in the long run. if people see your mod as better they'll download it; the vest stuff was mega stupid because they're literally just vests

plus its not like you shouldn't expect people iterating on your addon's idea, especially for common ones. two people uploading a vest could be entirely coincidental and it's not like either one of them had to wait an arbitrary time limit to upload their work in order to not be seen as richardish

soviet claims maxymax literally grabbed the  .obj and used it to remodel the vest, come on, stop defending him.

You really gotta make rape mod 2, so everybody can move on and forget about this. you will surely be remembered in the forums if you do so.
If not, rape mod may become a thing in real life. The world is in your hands, maxy.

the only thing you can lose in this scenario is your pride and as a creator of any medium you're encouraged to not have a hubris. there's always more work to be done, in fact it would be flattering to make something and see another person realize it fully and expand upon it further in ways I couldn't imagine. being upstaged by someone in a modding scene is trivial, it's not like there's anything at stake
replace “ammo gun” in my original example post with your tournaments server. dont lie you wouldnt  feel bad, the difference from just being upstaged in this situation is id be talking about how mine is so much better and how bad yours is in public/to you/on your topic

you can both release something better and be considerate enough not to demotivate the person being upstaged, by not making any comparisons yourself or offering unwanted help to the original modder.

imagine being offended that someone uploads an addon right after yours like it changes anything in the long run. if people see your mod as better they'll download it; the vest stuff was mega stupid because they're literally just vests

I shouldn't have to explain how doing something that has short-term consequences but no long-term impact doesn't make it okay in a social context, so I'm not going to.

plus its not like you shouldn't expect people iterating on your addon's idea, especially for common ones. two people uploading a vest could be entirely coincidental and it's not like either one of them had to wait an arbitrary time limit to upload their work in order to not be seen as richardish

If someone 'iterates' on my mod using my idea as a base, that's fine. Nobody is arguing this point. But if you find out you're developing something in parallel with someone and intend to finish at a similar time, you could argue the polite thing to do would be to attempt to start some kind of dialogue with them and figure out how you can proceed in a way that benefits everyone.

Taking someone's idea off a discord server while in development, racing to rush out a marginally better mod, and then releasing it the second you see mine go live to spite me and put me down, is pretty damn rude and very avoidable. He has every right to call that out.

replace “ammo gun” in my original example post with your tournaments server. dont lie you wouldnt  feel bad, the difference from just being upstaged in this situation is id be talking about how mine is so much better and how bad yours is in public/to you/on your topic
see now I know ur lying cuz my tournaments would always be better than yours. go back to the farms