Author Topic: Colorset_GringoPick  (Read 2350 times)

A colorset I made recently.
Some non-conflicting ultra bright neon colors.
I'd appreciate any suggestions/critique.

Preview in attachments.
Download below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O60o7PWTVNkMwYBirUTEjwOddCLCY_70

Colorsets that don't have even rows are super annoying to use, there's not really a good reason to not fill those blank spaces so you should just add some more colors

Also, when you organize a set by hue like that and just have 3 shades of every hue, you end up with a lot of useless colors and not enough of the colors that you find most in nature / Legos catalog/ needing for a build. I find in blockland it useful to have a large variety of browns, and a decent amount of greens and blues.

And despite having your set based on hue, it seems to lack a good neutral version of orange, yellow, green or blue that Lego builds especially will suffer from. This is ok if you're intentionally making a style choice but I don't get the impression that's what you were going for :P

Hope this has been helpful :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:44:58 AM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Colorsets that don't have even rows are super annoying to use, there's not really a good reason to not fill those blank spaces so you should just add some more colors
if i recall correctly you can only have up to 64 colors, and this colorset is currently at 63

why is it this super weird shape rather than 8* columns of 8 or 7 x 9 for an exact fit of the 63 you use
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:12:22 AM by maxymax13 »

Also, when you organize a set by hue like that and just have 3 shades of every hue, you end up with a lot of useless colors and not enough of the colors that you find most in nature / Legos catalog/ needing for a build. I find in blockland it useful to have a large variety of browns, and a decent amount of greens and blues.

And despite having your set based on hue, it seems to lack a good neutral version of orange, yellow, green or blue that Lego builds especially will suffer from. This is ok if you're intentionally making a style choice but I don't get the impression that's what you were going for :P

Hope this has been helpful :)
Thanks for the advice, if i ever get around to making a version 2, i'll take some of this into consideration.
why is it this super weird shape rather than 4 columns of 8
I don't really get the issue with the shape of it, it's just a list of colors.

if i recall correctly you can only have up to 64 colors, and this colorset is currently at 63
ooh I didn't realize he just shaped it weird with the max colors.
I don't really get the issue with the shape of it, it's just a list of colors.
colorsets are just really frustrating to build with when the rows aren't all even because every time you page through the rows your selection gets reset to the smallest row. So if you were on the 8th color on the 3rd row of your colorset and wanted to get to the 8th color on the first row, you're gonna have to scroll back down after your selection gets reset from passing those smaller rows. It's just mildly annoying but over time becomes more and more tedious

why is it this super weird shape rather than 4 columns of 8
look at how the colors are setup in the set, the shape of it makes sense there's just a lot of useless colors like jirue described that dont give the last two columns enough room to fill out the emptiness

that looks pretty neat, but this has the same issue as alxetora's (i assume this is based on it or whichever one he based his on?) where there's a strange focus on pink/purple???