Author Topic: Annoying Orange says he "the chosen one".  (Read 2869 times)

I love how you're sidestepping, again, the concepts of supply and demand and how they're affected by price in favor of being obtuse

If these companies do try to offload the tariff costs to the consumer, the consumer will invariably respond by finding a lower-priced alternative. It's that simple. Demand decreases as the prices increase past the point where consumers are willing to pay. So if the tariffs are as bad as people say, then they are free to not buy these items. Unless we're importing food and water from China I'm pretty sure you can find cheaper alternatives to pretty much everything except video game consoles
i mean, you're are right to a certain extent, but i think you are underestimating how much we depend on china for tons of things (as someone who works closely with people at my company that supply stuff for the machine we build)

there are a lot of things that come from/are manufactured in china and it's literally the cheapest place on earth to manufacture stuff. we cant keep the price of the stuff we manufacture the same if we dont import from china. there is no alternatives in this case.

whether this is a good or a bad thing is up to debate though, whats your opinion on this? the only way china is able to manufacture stuff this cheap is by basically using slave/child labour and skirting international pollution laws. on one hand, these tarrifs are a good thing because it will starve those industries that use unethical practices.

Once we pull our richards out of China and let it bleed to death we can look at other alternatives

I'm sure plenty of developing countries would appreciate the opportunities

Sure, it may be rough but people nowadays are far too fretful about rocking the boat, it's pathetic

Once we pull our richards out of China and let it bleed to death we can look at other alternatives

I'm sure plenty of developing countries would appreciate the opportunities

Sure, it may be rough but people nowadays are far too fretful about rocking the boat, it's pathetic
ok then we somewhat agree