Author Topic: Bot Events Expanded  (Read 2921 times)

I tried searching for this and was very surprised to find it didn't already exist.

RN bots have way too few input events to be useful. There really needs to be more. At the very least I think onBotAttacked or onBotDamaged or something to that extent would help a lot. Also if there were a way to somehow fire relays or something to bots they would be infinitely more useful. There needs to be a way for regular brick events to trigger the bots. Right now the bots can only be triggered by the bot touching something / entering a zone or being clicked on by a player.

For example, I want to make a little Dinosaur boss fight where you place meat on the ground to distract a t-rex. As of now I have no idea how to activate the t-rex bot via the action of activating the ground to place the meat.

Anyone up to the task of coding some new bot events / have any ideas how I could accomplish that?

A lot of the stuff you want already exists, just download my stuff and browse and figure out if this can help with what you're looking for. Bot Damaged I know is a thing with this.

as for getting bots in an area around placing meat, that sounds a lot like a task for zones
or do you need a spherical zone?

I think Conan's bot_dog had some code that searched for steak every Loop. Perhaps that can be looked at for the t-rex distraction?

I have a modified version of onrelay so that it works with bots, so if I wanted I could make it so that I could click on something that spawns a steak to do exactly what the op is asking but I didn't include that with the events I sent originally, zones also could do this too.

A lot of the stuff you want already exists, just download my stuff and browse and figure out if this can help with what you're looking for. Bot Damaged I know is a thing with this.
I tried searching for not events on glass and the forum and didn't have much luck. I'll check this one out when I get home. Where did you find this one? Or is it yours?

here's a zip file of some bot events that I found and uploaded

onBotStuffs has OnBotDamaged (when the bot receives damage) and OnBotDamage (when the bot deals damage).
onBotTouched is self explanatory
PlayerBotPlus adds extra events for bots and players, not too sure on the specifics though

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ios7y3dgbfzbt2/Some_Bot_Events.zip/file

I tried searching for not events on glass and the forum and didn't have much luck. I'll check this one out when I get home. Where did you find this one? Or is it yours?
Just events I've had for a long time.

I think Conan's bot_dog had some code that searched for steak every Loop. Perhaps that can be looked at for the t-rex distraction?
can confirm, however, i have to warn you the code is buggy and i never tried fixing it.

PlayerBotPlus adds extra events for bots and players, not too sure on the specifics though
a bit late but Event_PlayerBotPlus is an outdated mod - please use this instead
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:46:18 AM by Goth77 »