image hosting services suck richard

Author Topic: image hosting services suck richard  (Read 2459 times)

This is why I host my own content.

I don't have to worry about the whims of uncaring third-party services.

Not to mention Photobucket charges you an starfish to use their service in the first place.

hmm
annoying how photobucket blurs the old picture, i don't mind the watermark on old images quite as much as the blur
perhaps a website that takes that into account and stores an image on photobucket, then when requested it gets the photobucket image and uses that data to reproduce the original?
not saying to unblur, but store the data in a different format that can be retrieved
still runs into the issue is what if that site goes down

hmm
annoying how photobucket blurs the old picture, i don't mind the watermark on old images quite as much as the blur
perhaps a website that takes that into account and stores an image on photobucket, then when requested it gets the photobucket image and uses that data to reproduce the original?
not saying to unblur, but store the data in a different format that can be retrieved
still runs into the issue is what if that site goes down
At that point, you might as well just store it elsewhere to begin with.

I mean how do you suppose they make money for their services? If you just embed images hosted on their site, you're just using their bandwidth and giving nothing in return.

i really don't like imgur anymore, it used to be pretty good before they started holding people at e-gunpoint and demanding to download the (also richard sucking) app

i really don't like imgur anymore, it used to be pretty good before they started holding people at e-gunpoint and demanding to download the (also richard sucking) app
imgur is still free, doesn't watermark your stuff and hold it ransom, and you can just ignore the app 100% lol

"wah they advertised their app they're bad"

Reported for ignoring my topic...

imgur is still free, doesn't watermark your stuff and hold it ransom, and you can just ignore the app 100% lol

"wah they advertised their app they're bad"
shut.

it's only mildly annoying if anything because they shove it in ur face all the time + the app succs. but other than that it's still really nice compared to most
im not angery or anything despite what you might think

it's only mildly annoying if anything because they shove it in ur face all the time + the app succs. but other than that it's still really nice compared to most
ya this i agree with, it gets a little annoying, but i have used the app so i can upload stuff with my phone and it works as it should, quick and easy

im not angery or anything despite what you might think
lul tbh u came off that way initially :^) ur fine tho don't worry

I uploaded tits on imgur once and got downvoted