Author Topic: Gautier00 - Plagiarism and Intellectual Theft  (Read 34712 times)

Dude's obviously on the spectrum. Inspiration is a natural trait people long for. Journeymen stonemasons and artists won't create anything out of the blue, they need a starting point. This is normal for blossoming the creative thought process.

What guitar is doing isn't creative, or natural. It's plagiarism, stealing, theft of ideas. His defense is that this is all just a coincidence, which is blatantly bullstuff. Anyone could see that. Guitar can't formulate his own ideas or create his own process to create, so he assimilates Jayce's ideas and claims them for affirmation.

He holds himself well in public for an autist, but on the inside he's probably screeching.

Dude's obviously on the spectrum...
... He holds himself well in public for an autist, but on the inside he's probably screeching.
It'd be news to us if the dude is. Never mentioned before, unless this is an undiagnosed problem.

I'm glad someone calls me Guitar for once, but uh no I'm not autistic. I do have ADHD though, but nope not autistic. Just made a stuff ton of mistakes that has lead us here to this point.

why you still trying to claim innocence here come on man

why you still trying to claim innocence here come on man
I said mistakes were made, how is that a take in defense?

its not, dunno what damps goin on about

you need to take a good hard look at yourself though and figure out why you feel so driven to emulate/follow jayces stuff. although its relatively tame now, similar behavior in different settings can result in some serious consequences.

You ain't kidding, I recently applied to college as well, I've just been working nonstop for the last year since I got out of high school and it really hasn't gotten me anywhere. So all this blockland nonsense was just stuff on the side to kill time, as of late I haven't really done much blockland related stuff, while I'm still kinda around I still have some ideas I'd like to hit up on that keeps me away from CrystalScape for a while since that's all my attention has really been on for so long, yet its only gotten me here with very little to no fun with friends. The one thing I really did wanna share though but I just didn't bother with was the whole "taking credit for stuff I didn't build" bit before I have to take off again for a while, now while I don't think this really justifies anything, I rather this be said then this idea be completely taken off course.  In the last I'd say 4 years I've been making gamemodes when Jayce originally brought me back to this game, because I originally quit back in 2012 and he loving woke my ass up some how.

I have only completed a total of three gamemodes. Out of god knows how many there are that I've done by now, CrystalScape's "sequel" is not one of them. In fact my goal with it was to make about 12 maps, I only have 6 made which has taken me up to 7 months to do now. Now while the maps are NOT and I repeat, NOT fully original formulas, some are but some clearly aren't. This is a habit I have built where I mimic formulas to save me time on developing maps, something I refuse to do anymore. It can be said with assets like in the city bit in our game, now the assets were not just duplicated with a duplicator, they were literally just rebuilt from scratch but imitated 100% just so I can at least gain experience with building certain things just to save me time from having to bother using the dupe and save a pointless asset I probably will never use again. This has been a repeated process for a long time which is stupid I might add, however there are also a bunch of assets that are indeed original and not just replicated, however back to my point about when I said CrystalScape isn't finished.

I don't really have a legitimate way of giving credit to a whole bunch of people unless I did something like a txt file to help organize credit for everything, which I absolutely don't mind doing at all. The game isn't done nor is it released, so how would I manage to give out credit if nobody would be able to see this file? I always plan on making gamemodes I do be released at some point when its completed, and that would of been the first thing I did honestly. I have really no problem giving credit to any individual in the tavern when it comes to stuff they've done, hell when I started with my first gamemode Mystical Quest I was addressed back then and I remember this clearly to give credit some how, and I did a button in a spawn room that prompted the tavern and the rest of our group. I didn't really wanna ruin the appearance of a spawn with an obnoxious credit button, but I had plans on doing a wall with everybody's name and ID, we never got to it though. I figured the txt file was the easiest and the simplest way of organizing it though, but again the game isn't done. While I know it doesn't really justify anything its just my simple reasoning for it, whether you accept it or not.

Also the loving hat stuff, I didn't model literally every single hat I have, I made those as requests only because at the time when these hats were around they were private add-ons, Jayce had given me a partial bit of his hatpack, if I had the whole thing I would of just gladly used his version without making requests, honestly though the only reasoning I can say for this even being a thing was because I didn't think making hats like them were even loving possible to begin with and the concept had me so intrigued like a loving 5 year old getting legos for the first time. I did model the castle crashers hat, along with Majora, Bendy, but then when Jayce released more of his hats I just stuck with them over my own versions/requests. But regardless that was just 16 or 17 year old me just still gazing about how incredible blockland has become since I had been gone for so long, hatmod I didn't even realized existed yet honestly lmao. Also this music thing that happened recently was a complete accident, Billy aka Xenonhatcher who made the track mistaken what I had said when it came to the way I was describing how to start the song, we ended up fixing it which is now reuploaded on his soundcloud.

Regardless though, I get how creepy I have appeared and I deeply apologize to every tavern member about my ignorance and stupidity over the years. I hope I can be forgiven at some point and hopefully this can just be a beginning to a healing process for everybody and hopefully everybody can move on with less of a chip on their shoulder now. But just know my intention no matter what over the years was never to hurt anybody, so many of you including Dead and Adz I have known since I was literally loving 11 years old, my friendship with them is something I gravely miss but there is nothing I can do now to ever fix that, and I've learned to just accept it and move on, I'm just now focusing on getting somewhere with my life and I hope you guys can do the same. If I missed any questions or concerns or points and what not that are relevant to just this topic, I'll try to respond as soon as I can because I'm just trying to put an end to this misery we've all gone through. I'm to lazy to bother proof reading all of this so if I made a spelling error, I'm loving pfft.

apologizes for the TL:DR but hey, did you want a response or did you want me to continue ignoring.

just call it a day and leave

better to respond than ignore, thanks. its probably not gonna give much closure to anyone but better some than none.

*breathes deepy*
*exhales*
You ain't kidding, I recently applied to college as well, I've just been working nonstop for the last year since I got out of high school and it really hasn't gotten me anywhere. So all this blockland nonsense was just stuff on the side to kill time, as of late I haven't really done much blockland related stuff, while I'm still kinda around I still have some ideas I'd like to hit up on that keeps me away from CrystalScape for a while since that's all my attention has really been on for so long, yet its only gotten me here with very little to no fun with friends. The one thing I really did wanna share though but I just didn't bother with was the whole "taking credit for stuff I didn't build" bit before I have to take off again for a while, now while I don't think this really justifies anything, I rather this be said then this idea be completely taken off course.  In the last I'd say 4 years I've been making gamemodes when Jayce originally brought me back to this game, because I originally quit back in 2012 and he loving woke my ass up some how.

I have only completed a total of three gamemodes. Out of god knows how many there are that I've done by now, CrystalScape's "sequel" is not one of them. In fact my goal with it was to make about 12 maps, I only have 6 made which has taken me up to 7 months to do now. Now while the maps are NOT and I repeat, NOT fully original formulas, some are but some clearly aren't. This is a habit I have built where I mimic formulas to save me time on developing maps, something I refuse to do anymore. It can be said with assets like in the city bit in our game, now the assets were not just duplicated with a duplicator, they were literally just rebuilt from scratch but imitated 100% just so I can at least gain experience with building certain things just to save me time from having to bother using the dupe and save a pointless asset I probably will never use again. This has been a repeated process for a long time which is stupid I might add, however there are also a bunch of assets that are indeed original and not just replicated, however back to my point about when I said CrystalScape isn't finished.

I don't really have a legitimate way of giving credit to a whole bunch of people unless I did something like a txt file to help organize credit for everything, which I absolutely don't mind doing at all. The game isn't done nor is it released, so how would I manage to give out credit if nobody would be able to see this file? I always plan on making gamemodes I do be released at some point when its completed, and that would of been the first thing I did honestly. I have really no problem giving credit to any individual in the tavern when it comes to stuff they've done, hell when I started with my first gamemode Mystical Quest I was addressed back then and I remember this clearly to give credit some how, and I did a button in a spawn room that prompted the tavern and the rest of our group. I didn't really wanna ruin the appearance of a spawn with an obnoxious credit button, but I had plans on doing a wall with everybody's name and ID, we never got to it though. I figured the txt file was the easiest and the simplest way of organizing it though, but again the game isn't done. While I know it doesn't really justify anything its just my simple reasoning for it, whether you accept it or not.

Also the loving hat stuff, I didn't model literally every single hat I have, I made those as requests only because at the time when these hats were around they were private add-ons, Jayce had given me a partial bit of his hatpack, if I had the whole thing I would of just gladly used his version without making requests, honestly though the only reasoning I can say for this even being a thing was because I didn't think making hats like them were even loving possible to begin with and the concept had me so intrigued like a loving 5 year old getting legos for the first time. I did model the castle crashers hat, along with Majora, Bendy, but then when Jayce released more of his hats I just stuck with them over my own versions/requests. But regardless that was just 16 or 17 year old me just still gazing about how incredible blockland has become since I had been gone for so long, hatmod I didn't even realized existed yet honestly lmao. Also this music thing that happened recently was a complete accident, Billy aka Xenonhatcher who made the track mistaken what I had said when it came to the way I was describing how to start the song, we ended up fixing it which is now reuploaded on his soundcloud.

Regardless though, I get how creepy I have appeared and I deeply apologize to every tavern member about my ignorance and stupidity over the years. I hope I can be forgiven at some point and hopefully this can just be a beginning to a healing process for everybody and hopefully everybody can move on with less of a chip on their shoulder now. But just know my intention no matter what over the years was never to hurt anybody, so many of you including Dead and Adz I have known since I was literally loving 11 years old, my friendship with them is something I gravely miss but there is nothing I can do now to ever fix that, and I've learned to just accept it and move on, I'm just now focusing on getting somewhere with my life and I hope you guys can do the same. If I missed any questions or concerns or points and what not that are relevant to just this topic, I'll try to respond as soon as I can because I'm just trying to put an end to this misery we've all gone through. I'm to lazy to bother proof reading all of this so if I made a spelling error, I'm loving pfft.

That's definitely a TLDR for me, but i did skim through it a bit, and it does seem like you've put a lot of thought and time into that post, so i'll just say that all is forgiven as long as you've actually learned your lesson