need help with pc screen resolution problems (solved maybe)

Author Topic: need help with pc screen resolution problems (solved maybe)  (Read 1645 times)

okay so everything started one day when i turned on the pc after doing busy stuff during the morning, but then i notice that the screen resolution was forgeted up, and i tried to change it to 1920x1080, but i couldn't beacuse the screen resolution settings were limited to 1024x768 and 800x600, and it was strange beacuse i didnt do anything to my pc before i turned it off the previous day

i tried searching for help online and one of the solutions was to uninstall and install again the video drivers, so i try to uninstall the drivers first and reboot the pc

after that the resolution was showing correctly like it should, cool! neat! all i had to do now is to install the drivers again, but then it comes back to the stuffty resolution again and it looks like the drivers installed themselves or something before i tried to do the installation by myself

i also tried reverting to older drivers, but it didnt work

i need help on this, i cant seem to find any other answers that could help me
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:12:39 PM by Metalliku »

Did you change up aspect ratios?

Did you change up aspect ratios?
nope, i dont even know how to do that

also, forgot to mention, sometimes when i turn the pc on after being in sleep mode, the screen doesn't detect that its on, and i have to force it to turn off and turn on again in order to work

worst case scenario: your gpu could be loving up

worst case scenario: your gpu could be loving up
man if that's the case then i dont know what to do, i didnt want to spend all of my savings on a new gpu (i was saving for an used nintendo switch) and if i have to buy a new one then i better do it quick before the price of the dollar rises again in my country

btw the only reason I'm thinking the GPU could be going forget is because rolling back and reinstalling drivers and etc didn't do jack, strange how it goes to full res when using the basic Windows display driver

shot in the dark: try a new video cable in a different port on your GPU

shot in the dark: try a new video cable in a different port on your GPU
i will try to do that tomorrow if i can

there is an hdmi port on my gpu, but my pc screen doesn't have an entry for it, gotta buy some sort of adapter, i hope it can be worth it

the pc screen is an lg ips led 22mp55 if you are curious
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:45:01 PM by Metalliku »

welp, cant find any adapters anywhere where i live, guess i will have to buy from the internet

in the meantime, could someone else know what could be the problem? the resolution is really bad but playing games is fine with no graphical problems, just not in the resolution it should be, it really bothers me, is it the monitor or something else?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 06:20:19 PM by Metalliku »

I believe I had a similar thing happen to me once - the fix I used was only temporary sadly, but I believe I just deleted and reinstalled the drivers. That might help or it might not, sorry if it doesn't though.

drivers have probably glitched the hell out, uninstall the old one using a tool such as display driver uninstaller and then reinstall

drivers have probably glitched the hell out, uninstall the old one using a tool such as display driver uninstaller and then reinstall
i tried using the program and everything went fine and normal, but when i reinstalled the drivers everything came back to the wrong resolution, i dont know what is causing this

did u check out the discord link I PM'd you? they should be able to help out

Try getting the software for your video card. Like NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE or AMD Radeon settings. You can also try resetting it via the windows resolution changer, it worked for me.

did u check out the discord link I PM'd you? they should be able to help out
i checked it but didn't enter the server due to stuff happening in my life, thanks for the link tho
Try getting the software for your video card. Like NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE or AMD Radeon settings. You can also try resetting it via the windows resolution changer, it worked for me.
i already tried to do stuff with geforce experience but nothing seemed to work, bit i will try with the windows resolution changer thing