Cuphead clone is released on kickstarter

Author Topic: Cuphead clone is released on kickstarter  (Read 5994 times)

the developer(s) have stated
yeah cuphead is a great game, but I always felt like it needed more. more power ups, more bosses. more levels. more of everything. The game was too short. Hopefully this can bring something a little extra to the table
its still a rip off of cuphead lmao its okay because they're fans

I would be okay if they're not makin money off of it since its basically just a reskin but they're asking for extra money too

if they're selling this stuff for money then no

thats.... kinda absurd, both of you. all of this is original animation and art - its the inspiration that isnt original. why do you equate the source of inspiration not being original with “this is not worth any money”?

using that argument you could say battlefield shouldnt cost any money because cod did it very well first... or that squad shouldnt cost any money cause insurgency did it very well first...

what really sold cuphead for me was how excellently stylized it was. i actually felt like i was watching an old cartoon the whole time i was playing it. this game doesn't seem to live to that standard, plus with my opinion stated earlier i really think the character designs look awful. i wish them the best of luck with their project though.

yeah cuphead definitely had way more polish - it hit all the little details like old animated movie fps, the subtle grainy feel, the combination of washed out but also highly saturated colors, little details in the style of animation, etc.

if cuphead was a toy, this game feels like a well made chinese knockoff. it got all the major points correct but missed all of the details that made the original great

using that argument you could say battlefield shouldnt cost any money because cod did it very well first... or that squad shouldnt cost any money cause insurgency did it very well first...

battlefield has vehicles and squad and insurgerncy are mega different

im saying so far it seems like its the exact same thing they havent showed any cool mechanics or any big chances it looks like a ripoff so far

the game looks like cuphead with some changes (fire and water projectiles, different bosses and plot) but it could be interesting. characters seem kinda stiff though, there's no bounce like with the cuphead style and its sources

cen someone tl;dr the video b4 i watse my time

People are complaining that this game is too much like cuphead when..

(WaW and MW1 were pretty good doe)
every game but ghost, advanced, infinite, bo3 and bo4 is good
cen someone tl;dr the video b4 i watse my time
wizards but cuphead

its still a rip off of cuphead lmao its okay because they're fans

I would be okay if they're not makin money off of it since its basically just a reskin but they're asking for extra money too
Would it still be a rip off if they went the extra mile and added more bosses and power ups that cuphead never even had, or are you going to call creative thinking on top of one project a rip off too? Sure, it has the same aesthetic as cuphead....hell if u ask me cuphead ripped off legend of the mystical ninja's gameplay for stuffty 50's style graphics. It's okay because your a fan

Come on bro u can do better than that. Obviously this game was made to be cuphead-like but it's most likely not going to be the same
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:23:20 AM by Goth77 »

like cuphead, but made in flash

it definitely lacks the 'polish' that really made the aesthetic of cuphead work, so it's throwing me off and makes the art look like an odd 1930-2010 fusion artstyle, like it was animated by cartoon network or disney tv instead of 1930's artists

though, the boss designs are pretty wack (in a good way) and the animation is smooth and good (well, not the intro)

from what people posted here, it sounded like literally somebody else took the cuphead characters and just redrew them and put them in a different setting/new bosses

from what the video looks like, it's just another platformer, perhaps slightly more cartoony than most

kind of reminds me more of castle crashers than cuphead

cuphead, released in 2017, invented an animation style from the 30s

we never said they invented the animation style we said the games a copy and paste

makes the art look like an odd 1930-2010 fusion artstyle, like it was animated by cartoon network or disney tv instead of 1930's artists

though, the boss designs are pretty wack (in a good way) and the animation is smooth and good (well, not the intro)
pretty spot on.
i get that theyre trying to make something in respects to cuphead, but this is borderline ripoff. all the art and animation looks really nice, just a shame that it was all for a game that will be known as "the game that copied cuphead"

they even did the exact same music style. its like ragtime-jazz is the only music that was used in old cartoons?
and the virtual instrument music doesnt sound great. i hope they can get a band for the full release.