Should I come back to Blockland?

Author Topic: Should I come back to Blockland?  (Read 8560 times)

I've been living this predicament as well, half of me wants to come back and do new content for the game, but the other half doesn't want to bother because it's been years that I've been doing this.

all the toxic users moved to Brickadia, don't worry.
im not all too sure about that bud

all the toxic users moved to Brickadia, don't worry.
we're the non-toxic users? that's a bit of a stretch

kinda sad how dead this game is
ive never seen the server list end without needing to scroll before
man at least it was fun while it lasted
we got all dat great memories

It's up to you, man.

The game still manages to gather a good hundred players and Badspot has said that he isn't shutting down the master server until there aren't any players.

Blockland has become a comfort game now. It's a game you don't play often but it's still an absolute blast to play still.

TheBrighterDark's servers are a good place to play and there dedicated.

It's up to you, man.

The game still manages to gather a good hundred players and Badspot has said that he isn't shutting down the master server until there aren't any players.

Blockland has become a comfort game now. It's a game you don't play often but it's still an absolute blast to play still.

TheBrighterDark's servers are a good place to play and there dedicated.
Exactly, and that's kinda the beauty of the game now...

inb4 farming simulator revives the game again

my pc is bum it can run richadia
people moved from blockland to brickadia :(

To all saying Blockland is toxic, that's like complaining Halo Combat EV is violent. There are far better examples of toxicity among video game playerbases. (Cough cough, Roblox.)

Yes, please do return to Blockland. So long as you treat people with decency, you'll find a few shining stars out there.

And for everyone else, try not to take the game for granted, it was the pioneer of sand box building games, with a unique and charming visual and audio style, and an early example of a video game with a modding community. Don't jump ship on a whim. Also, the more you shy players away from returning the dead-er it gets.

So don't rallyabout Blockland being dead if you're still lurking on the forums with a pristrine BL_ID sitting there begging to be used. If everyone in the "Blockland is dead" ship holding an account joined in on a servers right now the game would be booming, but they're too busy fulfilling their own prophecy. It'd be even better if they tried looking into solutions for the problems they complained about, like the in game physics...

imagine justifying being toxic on a god damn lego game

Blockland is incredibly toxic. Have you seen the drama this forums produces? No building game even compares.

And for everyone else, try not to take the game for granted, it was the pioneer of sand box building games, with a unique and charming visual and audio style, and an early example of a video game with a modding community. Don't jump ship on a whim. Also, the more you shy players away from returning the dead-er it gets.

So don't rallyabout Blockland being dead if you're still lurking on the forums with a pristrine BL_ID sitting there begging to be used. If everyone in the "Blockland is dead" ship holding an account joined in on a servers right now the game would be booming, but they're too busy fulfilling their own prophecy. It'd be even better if they tried looking into solutions for the problems they complained about, like the in game physics...

Blockland was a huge part of my life for a long time but I think you're giving it way too much credit for "pioneering sand box building games" It has literally not paved the way for anything or had any influence on the genre, and in comparison to other sandbox building games like Roblox and Minecraft, it has barely evolved. I obviously like Blockland way more than Roblox or Minecraft, but if you look at how much those two games have changed compared to when they launched (and in less time, mind you, being that Blockland came before them) it is a ton. Blockland has had some cool features added since day one that really changed the game, but it's hardly even comparable to how much MC and Roblox have evolved. Blockland's biggest and most important changes have come from the players. This game is almost unplayable without the duplicator or fill can. And it is so stale without gamemode mods like Slayer. But what those 3 mods add should just be default features of a building game, and it's honestly kinda ridiculous that they aren't. Blockland is a game that was great in its hayday but never really quite caught on and never really evolved. To call it a pioneer of the genre is ridiculous.

it was a pioneer in the sense that it was ahead of its time, coming out before even garry's mod.

i think blockland is going to be remembered as one of those games that didn't necessarily directly inspire anything major but looking back was really ahead of the curve. like velvet underground vs. the monks. both very ahead of their time, but while the velvet underground inspired countless bands at time of release, the monks didn't really make a splash until years later.

and i wouldn't discount blockland's influence too much either. we're still a pretty notable mid-2000s indie game that a lot of people remember. i think our influence is a lot more subtle and indirect than something as explicit as minecraft or roblox, especially considering the significant crossover between blockland and facepunch.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:13:42 AM by Electrk.. »