Author Topic: The only way to revive Blockland, period  (Read 10819 times)

We must contact small and medium youtubers because the big ones are douchebags and tell them about blockland and brickadia, im talking about 10k-100k subs. If we bandwagon the game who knows, pewdipie might try it, then guess what, everyone will come here to try the game, and plenty will like it, this applies to both blockland and brickadia.
If you really care about blockland and want this game to be alive again, go contact youtubers and tell them to try this game and make a video on it, every advertisement is good, look at the paul brothers ffs!

Im serious, do it now, if anyone sacrifices 10-15 mins to contact a youtuber we can save this game, maybe even without brickadia, who knows. I really love this game, so far I talked to 2 small youtubers, they made videos on it, and their subs said they will try the game. It only works if other people help me, so cmon guys, do it for blockland! You sacrificed months and years playing it right? Ignorance killed this game, we must destroy it.

yeah sure I just tweeted sky does minecraft and he said roblox is better sent from my iphone

yeah sure I just tweeted sky does minecraft and he said roblox is better sent from my iphone
I said small youtubers, genius
Big ones are egomaniacs if thats even a word

I've played BL for 10+ years but I've only ever made a handful of youtube videos pertaining to it.

I agree with you. Blockland needs more advertisement. I learned about blockland by google searching "things where you build stuff" and lo behold I found "the game where you build stuff"

If I were 10 again and I saw an actual ad for Blockland on a TV commercial I would be sold practically instantly begging my parent(s) to buy it for me. Like, DAMN THAT GAME LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

You know one aspect of Blockland is the learning curve which is probably the reason it turns most people away at first nowadays. I recently bought a Blockland key for a friend who has never played, and a month later he still has troubles with the controls; mainly building. I guess the generation that bought and played Blockland back when it was popping had more patience and a higher learning capacity than what we currently have today. Nowadays kids think everything should be way easy and they should be able to do everything with the mouse or a few simple keys. The reality is, people have gotten lazy, so lazy to the point to where learning something new is just too difficult so they just play what they know (fortnite)

TL;DR

Blockland needs more advertisement on a broader aspect. If Badspot took a bit of his earnings and invested into a legit TV commercial and maybe a bit of merch I think the game would pick back up in no time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 03:19:45 PM by Goth77 »

I've played BL for 10+ years but I've only ever made a handful of youtube videos pertaining to it.

I agree with you. Blockland needs more advertisement. I learned about blockland by google searching "things where you build stuff" and lo behold I found "the game where you build stuff"

If I were 10 again and I saw an actual ad for Blockland on a TV commercial I would be sold practically instantly begging my parent(s) to buy it for me. Like, DAMN THAT GAME LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

You know one aspect of Blockland is the learning curve which is probably the reason it turns most people away at first nowadays. I recently bought a Blockland key for a friend who has never played, and a month later he still has troubles with the controls; mainly building. I guess the generation that bought and played Blockland back when it was popping had more patience and a higher learning capacity than what we currently have today. Nowadays kids think everything should be way easy and they should be able to do everything with the mouse or a few simple keys. The reality is, people have gotten lazy, so lazy to the point to where learning something new is just too difficult so they just play what they know (fortnite)

TL;DR

Blockland needs more advertisement on a broader aspect. If Badspot took a bit of his earnings and invested into a legit TV commercial and maybe a bit of merch I think the game would pick back up in no time.
Totally agree with you, even read the full stuff and all
But please do what I ask people to do, you never know how your small action can impact this game, before pewdiepie made certain games popular guess what, 1 or 2 people suggested him to play that game, and again, dont ask big wits, ask decent small or medium sized youtubers.

TL;DR

Badspot Im talking to you and the OP of this comment, if you wanna revive this game do one simple and free thing to advertise this game, use social media! For crying out loud. if instagram fuccbois can do it, this game can too! This game is a gem, period. As I said, ignorance killed this game. Spread the word like ebola people, please.

This game is a gem, period.
damn right - we just need to reach back at the audience again after all these years. Blockland has always been a somewhat smaller community but seeing it in its current condition makes me feel like it should either be free to play or have more/newer advertisement. If both options were to be implemented I am 100% sure the game would  take off again in no time
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 03:39:41 PM by Goth77 »

The problem isn't getting new players to join, the problem is with player retention. 90% of people that buy the game play it for a few hours and then uninstall it to never play it again.

badspot doesnt want to develop this game anymore

imagine having to keep updating one of your 10+ year old projects

a few years ago this would've been possible, but our playerbase is miniscule now
player retention is a big one. theres quite a bit of user-inconvenience if you're new... or a casual

it's probably not impossible, but would require too much time and focus on the hands of too many people
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:05:16 PM by The Resonte! »

Truth is both games are both not up to the same standards as most games today. Blockland is never going to get any better because the Developers have completely given up on the game and bringing this game up to speed is near impossible because of the lack of passion for this game. Brickadia has more of a chance at being a much more popular game, but the problem is that Brickadia is currently not a game for everyone. What I mean is that Brickadia is a game for people who love building games and not much else. Combat and interesting game mechanics are very limited and the minigames are almost nonexistent aside from a few user-generated games such as obby's and TDM's.

Minecraft stood on it's own because of its unique building and survival mechanics that both single player and multiplayer gamers can enjoy. People who absolutely love to build and want a more relaxed gaming experience have their own creative mode dedicated to building, and those who enjoy combat and want to get down to the nitty gritty can just play survival and get right to it.

Roblox hasn't absolutely crapped itself and died because of not only  the unique amount of user-generated content, but the insane amount of reluctance the devs have to pull the plug on an old property, but instead updating their game to keep up with whatever industry standard they need to compete with.

Both of these games have made a lot of money that Blockland sadly could not keep up with. Brickadia has a massive problem, as I stated before, that the game currently only appeals to a minor group of people. Without any single player content, without any mod support, and without any unique game mechanics that are currently ready to go right this minute, people who play this game will be absolutely turned off by this game's lack of content, and the people who have the biggest influence on games are the ones who are making videos. To make them play an unfinished product and expect them to review this will kill this game. You can't rush an unfinished game. We have to wait much longer until the game finds its footing.

then don't post
I care enough to post but care enough to say that no one cares about reviving blockland

it should either be free to play or have more/newer advertisement. If both options were to be implemented I am 100% sure the game would  take off again in no time
certainly not