Author Topic: Swat 4  (Read 3797 times)

Have you guys ever played Swat 4? It's a good squad-based game, the only problem with it is that it is too realistic. I don't mean graphics, although they are decent. The game prefers you use non-violent measures and arrest the "suspects as opposed to shooting anybody with a gun. The victims resist arrest and you can pepper spray them or taser them in to compliance. Some levels are pretty creepy. One level you are invading the house of a rapist and it forces you to go down into a dark cellar.

I will update with screenies in a few minutes.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:56:38 PM by Thirsty »

Looks like a cool game.
Screen shots of rapist raping pls?

I missed it too...you will need to find it somewhere else.

They released an expansion I think as well, I only have the original version..
-It was a lot of fun online, doing the coop missions, although your score normally tanked due to your team mates dying -or you dying, since the higher difficulties gave the computer insta head shots-

but the worst parts of the game are handcuffing everyone, and picking up weapons (which seems like BS to  have to pickup suspect guns -wheres the CSI halt THATS EVIDENCE! patrol when you need it?)
--Having to pickup all the weapons also ends up being the thing that makes matches take so long -Its always one missing gun, and no one can find the darn thing-.
==================

For the most part the Idea is you start off in a location based on your selection for entry into that map -then you check room to room using all your little gadgets per swat member
=checking under doors with a camera scope
=bashing open doors or slighty opening the door to see whats inside
--as well you can give commands to your npc buddies in the single player to open and throw in flash bombs or sting balls, then you rush in hoping the enemies either ran or are dazed enough that you can YELL at them to drop thier weapons and then handcuff them.. then rinse and repeat till maps finished...
-Theres also a sniper option in some maps, you see from the snipers POV and control his aim to take out a suspect =one of the maps is like a gas station or little food mart and its being robbed,=

But it has its suprises, the AI isnt completely stupid, but its a bit random in thinking it needs to open fire on you in most cases.

I agree, finding missed weapons or forgetting to report suspects is a little annoying. Also agree about the AI feeling the need to open fire on you without warning.

I have the original SWAT.
Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest: SWAT
Although it might be a different series...

It's made by the same company looks like. What is the first one like?

It's made by the same company looks like. What is the first one like?
Bad. Pretty bad.

Is it a point and click adventure type game? Because if it is, it's not the same SWAT series, it's the Police Quest series.

Lol, point and click. No, it's an FPS. Point and click, lmao, I didn't realize.

Is it a point and click adventure type game? Because if it is, it's not the same SWAT series, it's the Police Quest series.
I'm talking about the one Yuki posted, I have SWAT4 and know it well.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like you didn't no what it was I was just answering your question about SWat 4