Author Topic: Back Rooms Live Action Short Film  (Read 5448 times)

So I've made a few short films in my time. Recently, I've decided to take a short film idea off the back burner and finally try to promote the idea of it to get some funding. I'm gonna post my default info below so you all get an idea of it all. Tell me what you think. Here are some images as well. If you don't know anything about the "back rooms" story, please look it up! It's really interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jadenwilliams/the-back-rooms-live-action-short-film?ref=user_menu

Screenplay:
The Back Rooms is based on the "back rooms" urban legend about a limbo-like hellish setting of a maze that goes on for eternity. Filled with only fluorescent lights and yellow-papered walls, the idea of the film is to show what it would be like for a person to "clip" into the back rooms to see what psychological torments they may endure.

Background:
My name is Jaden Williams. I'm a 19-year-old film-maker and visual-effects artist. I've directed 7 first-place short films and 2 Best-of-Show awards. I'm a software engineer major at Florida Gulf Coast University. I've been obsessed with the film industry for quite some time. A majority of the time when it comes to my film-making career, I've usually kept it a secret until the very end. But this time it's different. I've done intense research into the "back rooms" for several months now and want to know if it would be worth it to an audience to see a live-action short film created for it. I want to do it completely green-screened. It's been a passion project I've wanted to do for a while and what better way to do it than the back rooms: an environment filled with yellow-tinted walls and brown-colored carpeting. It's not too much work needed to be put into the environment. And because of that, there will be even more detail put into the smaller things. I'm a pro at motion tracking and have always wanted to take a jab at putting the real world into a virtual environment. If you don't believe my dedication, please go to my portfolio website www.jadenw.com. I love stories like these and I want to give my own representation of the backrooms. For one, the image above was made in Blender by yours truly. It's not close to being complete but I wanted to show you all that I truly do want to dedicate myself to something like this.

Budget:
I want this thing to be beautiful to look at. And with that comes computer power. I've always strived to push away from needing money from Kickstarter to complete my short films, but I'll truly need it for this one. All I will need is a better graphics card and CPU. With the money, I'll be investing in an RTX 2080 ti and an Intel i9 processor. The rest of the leftover money is to help pay for taxes. Thank you.

Risks and challenges
The risk is the amount of time it will take. I want to make sure that the short film is as close as it can get to perfect. Once/If we reached the goal of $3000, it will be much more clear on how long it will take to finish the short film. I will keep plenty of constant updates on the film.

With the money, I'll be investing in an RTX 2080 ti and an Intel i9 processor.
guys help me fund my film project so i can render a 10 second scene in blender and say forget it and just play minecraft with raytracing like they do in those videos on youtube which was totally not my intention in the first place

So I've made a few short films in my time. Recently, I've decided to take a short film idea off the back burner and finally try to promote the idea of it to get some funding. I'm gonna post my default info below so you all get an idea of it all. Tell me what you think. Here are some images as well. If you don't know anything about the "back rooms" story, please look it up! It's really interesting.
ok
With the money, I'll be investing in an RTX 2080 ti and an Intel i9 processor.
DROPPED

what happened to blix? how will people who fund you know for sure you're actually going to deliver? right now all it seems you have is an idea and want money to start it. most successful kickstarters already have more work than this done, or a very clear roadmap and methods for accountability. the op doesnt state or show anything except a couple renders (i think?) which are cool but nonetheless only a render.

theres not much excuse to not have more work to show/tease. you dont need that processor or graphics card to start work - you can get a storyboard going + model/animate scenes/camera shots without a full render, so people know you're committed and have put in the work and will be less likely to just drop the whole idea.

All I will need is a better graphics card and CPU. With the money, I'll be investing in an RTX 2080 ti and an Intel i9 processor. The rest of the leftover money is to help pay for taxes. Thank you.
damn bro what kind of high quality stuff are you running on your pc

you can pay a few bucks a month to get unlimited rendering with a render farm lol, op probably trying to upgrade for cyberpunk

"It's not too much work needed to be put into the environment. And because of that, there will be even more detail put into the smaller things. " Give me $3000 for something I said that isn't hard. Also if it isn't hard then wheres the wall outlet? Definitely looks like a lot of detail in that room.

what happened to blix?
also this, you gonna ban your backers who give feedback?

This is the shadiest stuff I've seen on the forums. 3,000 is way too much, and how do we know you're going to deliver this, based off a stuffty Blender screenshot that most likely isn't yours. Don't loving ask for money on the forums of a damn lego game handicap. I don't care if this game was your childhood or whatever, this is highly likely a scam.

literally joined this year too