Author Topic: Teleport Bot to Player  (Read 1438 times)

Is it possible to make an event that kinda works similar to render where a bot can be warped near a player or on top of the player? Even if it worked exactly like /find I can event it to not be noticeable when the bot is warped but I need to know if that event is possible to do.

Of course it's possible.

i guess you'd put the event on the spawn brick, and the player would be whoever triggered it?
definitely possible

The reason I'm asking for this is because I'm basically trying to make a render like system through just events alone but without restricting who the supposed killer is, so its not just a bot walking towards you then fades away or just something you can't stare at. Rather it be something that can literally attack you or something I can event abilities for. Which is totally doable as is alone but the bot being placed around the map near players randomly is the only part I'd need help with.

teleporting a bot near random players or randomly nears players doesn't sound difficult with a script
if you're more specific with what you want, it'd be easier to make

How about an event like

onInput > Self/Named Brick > botTeleToPlayer [STRING] 

In the string box you could put in a player name or VCE value and it would find the player who closest matches the name, if any. If left blank it would just choose a random player

I could make this and add it to the already existing doTeleport add-on

How about an event like

onInput > Self/Named Brick > botTeleToPlayer [STRING] 

In the string box you could put in a player name or VCE value and it would find the player who closest matches the name, if any. If left blank it would just choose a random player

I could make this and add it to the already existing doTeleport add-on
Sounds great but is there a way to add a option not to have the bot just teleport on top of the player but possibly just, near the player? Sorta like Render but minus the possibility of getting stuck within the region its warped to?

Sounds great but is there a way to add a option not to have the bot just teleport on top of the player but possibly just, near the player? Sorta like Render but minus the possibility of getting stuck within the region its warped to?
Yeah it's possible, it would teleport offset to the player, although if the player is in a confined/small area the bot could still possibly get stuck in a wall or brick