Irk89's Challenge

Author Topic: Irk89's Challenge  (Read 2001 times)

does anyone have a copy of Irk89's challenge map from 2008 - 2009 which they could upload publicly?

probably should ask kenko, but im like 90% sure the map download doesnt include the scripts needed to run things like the build timed challenge + create the static shape to hide the secret exit from the box room

probably should ask kenko, but im like 90% sure the map download doesnt include the scripts needed to run things like the build timed challenge + create the static shape to hide the secret exit from the box room

i'm not too concerned about the original scripts as they can be rewritten.
at the very least i just want to find the .mis file for my cached copy that i have from my old game install.

i have the whole map with scripts intact and all, its just that irk shared it with us with the wish that we dont distribute it further. that was in mid 2018 though, so perhaps i should contact him once more to see if he's changed his mind (and if he has other old files from back then that he could provide (it sounds like you have old files too? feel free to contact me if you want to help contribute to the archive))

irk shared it with us with the wish that we dont distribute it further.
lol thats selfish as forget. He hasn't had a server up in like over a decade you should post it and all the assets

lol thats selfish as forget. He hasn't had a server up in like over a decade you should post it and all the assets
doesn't mean he didn't have plans to host or develop further
old/buggy versions running at the same time as an updated one could ruin the experience, as could being hosted too much
overall could be a better experience with only one server up every once in a while

if it wasn't an all-in-one type of thing, but a component like elevators/teleport events/bots/vehicles, then yeah it would probably be fine to release

doesn't mean he didn't have plans to host or develop further
I highly doubt that this server which has not returned for over a decade has any active development
old/buggy versions running at the same time as an updated one could ruin the experience, as could being hosted too much
this is an impossible scenario because there is nothing released for it in the first place

@kenko post it please

No wonder no one plays blockland anymore.

You people are hoarding all the loving cool stuff. No point in playing.

I've seen so many cool mods not getting released just so you people can have it exclusive to your server only to try and get players to join it as a gimmick.

And then you stop hosting after a decade and still don't release your stuff.

I have models of the maze by the way somewhere you can just plop it in through mission editor. Script doesn't work though

forget it I'll just build my own irk89 challenge right now

I highly doubt that this server which has not returned for over a decade has any active development
this is an impossible scenario because there is nothing released for it in the first place

@kenko post it please
at this point, yeah it'd be nice to have it released
but if a person slowly stops playing instead of actively quitting, then they might not think to release everything

I have models of the maze by the way somewhere you can just plop it in through mission editor. Script doesn't work though
how complicated were the scripts though? i thought it was mostly checkpoints
can probably recreate that pretty easily

i thought it was mostly checkpoints
can probably recreate that pretty easily

It's literally checkpoints and clearing your bricks for the timed build section

It's really not that complicated of a concept.

He hasn't used it for like 10 years now.

Also blockland doesn't even use maps anymore so like what's the point of hoarding it? lol

It's just a map with checkpoints.

It was revolutionary before events but we have events now so it's really dated in comparison to events.

apologies for not doing this earlier, i contacted irk just after this post and was waiting for a response. its been a whole month now though with none, so I'm just going to release it anyway (there's no use keeping this private anymore for nobody to see)
enjoy: https://bl.kenko.dev/Add-ons/Retail/Map/Map_IrkChallenge.zip
works fine in v20, just be sure to extract it to a folder as player data cant be saved in zip format.