2019-nCOV Wuhan virus outbreak

Author Topic: 2019-nCOV Wuhan virus outbreak  (Read 12448 times)

Disease shows an 80% genetic similarity to SARS, so it's confirmed that it came from bats.
Also Israel is denying anything from China and China is comparing it to the Holocaust. Like bruh they're literally holding muslims in concentration camps and they compare rational stuff to the holocaust.
well this is china, whaddya expect? they'll play the victim card

the masks dont even work, the loving surgical masks act as an incubator lmao

if you actually want to prevent it you should wear an N95 or N99 mask, even then, you have to have it fitted or its useless. but then you also have your eyes exposed so lol

"Surgical masks are popularly worn by the general public all year round in East Asian countries like China, Japan and South Korea to reduce the chance of spreading airborne diseases and to prevent the breathing in of airborne dust particles created by air pollution."

they're not to prevent getting sick, they're to prevent making others sick with whatever you have. It's like a courtesy.

then again, you and i are probably already fully aware that's not what people are buying them for at this point
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:39:35 PM by Frequency »

soon enough people will probably buy military grade gas masks off the shelves just to not be infected with respiratory virus that mostly kills with stuffty air quality

400+ deaths of China's like 2 billion population? thats like nothing lmao stop scaring the kids nerds

updated the chart thingy

400+ deaths of China's like 2 billion population? thats like nothing lmao stop scaring the kids nerds
The actual comparison should be total infected to total deaths from this outbreak. Comparing non-infected people to certain types of deaths isn't useful when discussing the actual danger, without more information

That's if you trust what the communists say, which is a stupid thing to do.

Even if you do, it's now roughly 1000 dead of 40,000 infected.
That's a 2.5% mortality rate.

That's relatively high, and thats the number they're willing to show. Whatever the reality actually is, must be magnitudes worse.

i wouldnt say magnitudes worse cause that’s suggesting the real death rate is around 20%. one magnitude is 10x more.

either way, the 2.5% rate corresponds with the who’s brown townysis i thought? or was their brown townysis based on the statistics released by china?

i wouldnt say magnitudes worse cause that’s suggesting the real death rate is around 20%. one magnitude is 10x more.

either way, the 2.5% rate corresponds with the who’s brown townysis i thought? or was their brown townysis based on the statistics released by china?
I'm willing to wager the death rate is a large range from 20% to even 60%. With as many videos as there are about people just collapsing and dying in the streets from this virus, as well as the fact that they're building multiple hospitals purely for this virus and constantly spraying the city with tons of airborne bleach among other strange actions, it'd be hard for me to justify that there is less than a 20% death rate.

I'm willing to wager the death rate is a large range from 20% to even 60%. With as many videos as there are about people just collapsing and dying in the streets from this virus, as well as the fact that they're building multiple hospitals purely for this virus and constantly spraying the city with tons of airborne bleach among other strange actions, it'd be hard for me to justify that there is less than a 20% death rate.
any videos you've seen are anecdotal evidence, not empirical, so it's not wise to base a death rate on viral videos. You're suggesting coronavirus rivals the black death in mortality (source: https://www.cdc.gov/plague/faq/index.html ) which I think, and hope, is not true. however I respect how skeptical you are about the communists- any group willing to undermine human ingenuity and productivity is probably not above lying about public health.

if it was 20% the world would be forgeted and quarantining would be taken way more seriously regardless of number of cases in said country. ie we'd have constant CDC warnings and probably freely distributed masks and such to prevent spread.

to put this into perspective: you're suggesting that 1 in 5 to 3 in 5 people die from getting the disease. if it was so, there would be at least one death in the USA rn with the 12 cases we have, if not more. and there would be far more in any other country that has more cases, like Japan which iirc has >50 cases but no deaths.

the reality is, based on the statistics outside of china, 2% is likely the accurate number. claiming the scientists/statisticians at these major institutions have no idea what they're talking about and are vastly underestimating the disease is purely fearmongering - what makes you and your number more proven/likely to be true than the one figured out by said institutions?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:55:22 PM by Conan »

also if you're willing to wager i'll stake $100

i wish i was this stupid. then i wouldnt have to worry about stuff anymore

Even a 10% death rate would cause a far harsher response outside of China than what we're seeing.

Imagine if 1/10 people died from something as easily spread as the flu. That would be catastrophic.

Daily virus update