saveBricks();

Author Topic: saveBricks();  (Read 1966 times)

Howdy folks, been a while. I'm modernizing a bit of code in a mod and I'm stumped on saveBricks(); and where it went after RTB. Is there a modern equivalent or is my best bet re-utilizing old code to bring the function back from the dead?

Code: [Select]
if(!$Server::Dedicated) {
SaveBricks_FileName.setValue("save");
SaveBricks_Description.setValue("Autosave");
SaveBricks_ExtendedInfo.setValue(1);
SaveBricks_Ownership.setValue(1);
SaveBricks_Save();
eval(MessageBoxYesNoDlg.yesCallback);
canvas.popDialog(MessageBoxYesNoDlg);
} else {
saveBricks("Autosave", 1, 1);
}

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

what exactly are you trying to achieve? if you want a modern autosaver, you can get visolator's off of a blockland addon archive (bl.kenko.dev is best) or maybe blockland glass

also if you want quicker/more consistent modding help, join BCC Content Creators, a discord where a lot of the active addon makers help each other and hang out. Used to be named Blockland Content Creators but got namechanged to BCC Content Creators since its not a discord exclusive to blockland really.

Thanks Conan. I may stop by the disc after my kid's soccer game later. I keep getting a line saying invalid function on savebricks(); in our dedicated. We were trying to fix something last night which we accomplished, but when we relaunched we came to realize nobody's properties saved ownership with the built-in autosave, no matter what we tried.

I've been going through just about every file in the archive.org backup of RTB v4.05 and I can't find anything as to where this function is. The download is located here fwiw: https://web.archive.org/web/20131213065802/http://returntoblockland.com/download.php

Like I said, I'll probably stop by later because we're all kinda scratching our heads here. Thanks!

i dont think there's actually a save bricks function server sided. on dedicated you have to use a mod that manually writes a save file

Where ever that code came from might of been running some other mod along with it that had a savebricks(); func. If y'all are trying to run an autosaver for a gamemode or something you can use or reference this.

i dont think there's actually a save bricks function server sided. on dedicated you have to use a mod that manually writes a save file
this. when you host locally (aka via start game > host internet game) you’re saving via client code. you’ll have to install visolators autosaver or something like that if you want autosaving on dedicated servers.

Thank you guys so much. After a lot of fun it works properly. Cheers!