"LEGO" Style Brick Built Vehicles

Author Topic: "LEGO" Style Brick Built Vehicles  (Read 1653 times)

I've been working on a project the past few weeks to make a town consisting entirely of LEGO sets. Today I tried my hand at building the Small Car set, however the results weren't- erm... pretty...

So I was wondering if someone would be willing to create a few vehicles that look like they've been built out of bricks. Either that or make some bricks that would be more faithful to the sets I'm trying to recreate.

I know there is the brickmobile, and I do plan on using it in my build, however that's pretty much the one out there, and I'm honestly surprised, with how many add-ons aim to recreate the LEGO aesthetic.

I've been asking this for years and no one wants to do it because "it doesn't fit blockland's style"

Got any specific vehicles in mind, other than the small car?

I've been asking this for years and no one wants to do it because "it doesn't fit blockland's style"
if anything its cause making them is a stuff ton of work. its not like modeling normal vehicles since you have to specifically adhere to brick proportions/designs (via importing or remodeling them manually), piece them together, and then on top of that UV map everything. its a massive pain in the ass.

i guess the ideal situation would be converting saves to vehicles
sounds like a pain searching for custom bricks to find how they work
and also would require knowledge of the file formats
probably would also need some specific bricks to put tires on and seats

probably would also need some specific bricks to put tires on and seats
I know for sure the LEGO seat brick exists im pretty sure there are tire bricks as well

edit: lol op used the tire bricks in the build that is pictured

yeah, but would need to designate them as actually adding wheels to the model
otherwise they could just be there for decoration

Got any specific vehicles in mind, other than the small car?
you just cant come out of nowhere like this wtf

if anything its cause making them is a stuff ton of work. its not like modeling normal vehicles since you have to specifically adhere to brick proportions/designs (via importing or remodeling them manually), piece them together, and then on top of that UV map everything. its a massive pain in the ass.

Its really not that hard  I designed maps that fit the brick grid and dimensions of bricks correctly.

And the brick models are so simple

This is a project I've been meaning to tackle, actually.

I am probably going to work on something like this in the near future.