Author Topic: Tournaments Season Four: New Weapons! New Maps! Happy Birthday!  (Read 4246 times)

you shouldn't announce nerfs to the public because nocebo can be really powerful and people will think the weapons are now worse than they actually are.

hiding nerfs leads people to think that stuffty weapons are overpowered and you can laugh at them when they tell you to nerf it even though you already did

you shouldn't announce nerfs to the public because nocebo can be really powerful and people will think the weapons are now worse than they actually are.

hiding nerfs leads people to think that stuffty weapons are overpowered and you can laugh at them when they tell you to nerf it even though you already did

a damage nerf is hard to notice sure, but changing the reload time of the missile l to be slower than the default rocket launcher is pretty abrupt and noticeable.

i'm trying to re purpose the missile l into a non-rush weapon. i wanted to try to make something that wasn't a rush weapon since every other weapon is basically a rush weapon

why do this its so anti-fun
every other weapon still IS a rush weapon, but now with missile l your reload time is so long that the dude in front of you hit you twice or knocked you back before you can get your second shot off
id honestly rather have you nerf splash damage again before messing up something as important as reload time like this, especially if you're trying to make it a "more precise weapon"

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:10:56 AM by skill4life »

Kill the chaingun now. All will be well again.

Also kill hammer. There's no reason to wait 9 days when it's an ass map now.

a damage nerf is hard to notice sure, but changing the reload time of the missile l to be slower than the default rocket launcher is pretty abrupt and noticeable.
reload times are also hard to notice unless they're significant like a half a second longer. our minds often have trouble gauging the speed of audio which is why often when we listen to certain songs we'll think its playing slower or faster than usual.

every other weapon still IS a rush weapon, but now with missile l your reload time is so long that the dude in front of you hit you twice or knocked you back before you can get your second shot off
id honestly rather have you nerf splash damage again before messing up something as important as reload time like this, especially if you're trying to make it a "more precise weapon"
missile is a powerful rush weapon because unlike other rush weapons your shots displace enemies forcing them to miss and other stuff. if anything a better nerf than firing speed would be knockback radius

for reference, the reload increase was from 0.64 seconds to 0.84 seconds

reload times are also hard to notice unless they're significant like a half a second longer.
i dont think so bud. once you get the rhythm down to fire as frequently as possible, even a tiny increase in reload time would at least be noticeable

0.2s is a very noticable nerf

anyways confirmed a bunch of new maps so finally wont be playing on the same 5 maps anymore!!!!! woo

Happy 4th Birthday Tournaments! :cookie:

As previously mentioned, our celebration involves adding 5 new maps, 4 new secondaries, and removing hammer. Here's what we added:

Burst-Aide: Health 50 HP every 20 seconds. Takes 3 seconds to heal, and makes loud noises while doing so.

Dubbajump: While in the air, press space again to switch direction and gain additional height.

Gunboats: Gain 70% damage reduction for explosive jumps.

Landmine Lau'Placer: Place up to three 80 damage landmines that explode when enemies enter a landmine's radius and sightlines. Enemies can shoot landmines to disarm them.

verticale: By Charles & Gytyyhgfffff. The most powerful position on the map is obviously the catwalk. Use the jumppad in the middle or the stairs on the side to reach it.

contenna: By Charles. Includes 2 levels of verticality. Use them wisely.

cosmorg: By Charles. The sign says "I love to discodance".

hengston: By Charles. A map already beloved by many.

office: By guest star Conan. By far the most experimental map in Tournaments, it features 3 levels and jumppads on the sides to get between them.

Bonus Map! lavachannel: By Bushido. I removed a lot of the lava, which was causing a lot of trouble back during season 1/2 Tournaments.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:53:24 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

new maps look cool man

Fun server, but I lag my ass off whenever there's an autosave.

Kill the chaingun now. All will be well again.

Also kill hammer. There's no reason to wait 9 days when it's an ass map now.
reload times are also hard to notice unless they're significant like a half a second longer. our minds often have trouble gauging the speed of audio which is why often when we listen to certain songs we'll think its playing slower or faster than usual.
missile is a powerful rush weapon because unlike other rush weapons your shots displace enemies forcing them to miss and other stuff. if anything a better nerf than firing speed would be knockback radius
for reference, the reload increase was from 0.64 seconds to 0.84 seconds
i dont think so bud. once you get the rhythm down to fire as frequently as possible, even a tiny increase in reload time would at least be noticeable
0.2s is a very noticable nerf

anyways confirmed a bunch of new maps so finally wont be playing on the same 5 maps anymore!!!!! woo
hengston returns

Happy 4th Birthday Tournaments! :cookie:

As previously mentioned, our celebration involves adding 5 new maps, 4 new secondaries, and removing hammer. Here's what we added:

Burst-Aide: Health 50 HP every 20 seconds. Takes 3 seconds to heal, and makes loud noises while doing so.

Dubbajump: While in the air, press space again to switch direction and gain additional height.

Gunboats: Gain 70% damage reduction for explosive jumps.

Landmine Lau'Placer: Place up to three 80 damage landmines that explode when enemies enter a landmine's radius and sightlines. Enemies can shoot landmines to disarm them.

verticale: By Charles & Gytyyhgfffff. The most powerful position on the map is obviously the catwalk. Use the jumppad in the middle or the stairs on the side to reach it.

contenna: By Charles. Includes 2 levels of verticality. Use them wisely.

cosmorg: By Charles. The sign says "I love to discodance".

hengston: By Charles. A map already beloved by many.

office: By guest star Conan. By far the most experimental map in Tournaments, it features 3 levels and jumppads on the sides to get between them.

Bonus Map! lavachannel: By Bushido. I removed a lot of the lava, which was causing a lot of trouble back during season 1/2 Tournaments.
new maps look cool man
Fun server, but I lag my ass off whenever there's an autosave.
pageloss

ahfuksy's trench ctf was better