Author Topic: Strange bug with onActivate events.  (Read 1343 times)

I've had this weird bug for a while on my server and have tried to figure out whats causing it but to no avail -- basically, some "onActivate" events just simply do not work. For example, the centerPrint event, or the doPlayerTeleport event will both just not work if they're onActivate (but will work with onplayertouch, etc.). What makes it a little more confusing is that some of the events still actually work with onActivate, such as setPlayerScale, or the door toggling events

Anybody know what might be causing this/how I would go about fixing this issue? I have a suspicion it's an add-on causing the issue but I have a lot; perhaps there's a method to narrow down my search?

Side note: its only onActivate that doesn't work; onActivateTeam1, onActivateTeam2, etc. works perfectly with every event).

Would assume some add-on is breaking player::activateStuff but I don't know how you would find which one...

Would assume some add-on is breaking player::activateStuff but I don't know how you would find which one...

Would you say its more likely to be a "script" add-on causing it (rather than an event, etc.)?

Would you say its more likely to be a "script" add-on causing it (rather than an event, etc.)?
Could be anything like a playertype, but a script addon is likely.
Epscially if it's something that affects activation, i.e. something like click to pickup items.

might help to run a trace and see what the game is doing

might help to run a trace and see what the game is doing

SOVLED:

So I just realized this whole time i'd been running the trace(1); in my client's console, not the server console (because I host on dedicated) So I ran a trace in the server console and looked at some of the add-ons that came up between Entering player::ActivateStuff and Leaving player::ActivateStuff

These were some of the add-ons I disabled (and in doing so, fixed my issue):

Weapon_WrestlingBelt
Weapon_MadmanFists
Vehicle_Delorean
System_Jail
Support_Garage
Server_Minesweeper

One of those add-ons is what caused the issue, but I'm not sure which one. Thanks for the help tho

probably server_minesweeper, you can reenable the weapon addons listed safely for sure. they definitely arent the source of the issue