Author Topic: Best games of All Time  (Read 9444 times)

Instead of you morons making random lists, you should all explain why they are your favorite games.

1) Warcraft 3 ( wasted many a hour(check meh xfire profile statistics) on custom maps)
2) Brawl ( yeyeyey brawl)
3) Starcraft ( see warcraft 3)
4) Doom (its a classic, and I've had sum funs with it)
5) Adventures of Lolo <3 (see below)
6-100) random games, fire emblem series, Age of empires(pretty much all of the "age of" series), ect. ect.

On the Lolo subject:
What? its a classic. I just wish they would revive it already.

Also thats a no go on the "I think everyone can agree that LoZ series kicks ass."
Personally I feel that the 3d games had too much of a different feel than their predecessors. I just feel that the 2d games more enertaining, bite me. And beyond that I really dont see it as all that notable on my list of best games anyways.

Dont yell at me for "not having played them!!1one!", I own all but twilight princess.

Hmmm so many.
I can't put these in any order. These are all great games.

-Worms: World party (or any other worms game for that matter)
-Starcraft
-Zelda: Link to the past
-Blockland (I realize I've played more of this game than any other game ever ha -ha)
-Grand Theft Auto (any)
-Mine Bombers (abandon ware, not a well known game)
-DooM & DooM 2
-Tetris
-Sim City (any)
-Super Mario World (SNES)
-Super Mario 3 (NES)
-Contra
-Warcraft II: tides Of darkness
-StarWars: Knights of the old republic
-Oblivion
-Guitar Hero (any)
I'm probably missing a lot too.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:19:07 PM by Facechild »

1. ICO
2. Shadow of the Colossus
3. Metal Gear Solid 3

1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
2. Tekken series - Master of all fighting games because of the character design, controls, and story
3. Blockland
4. Any Worms games, especially the more recent 3D ones are fun. - Because of endless laughs, and great turn based combat
5. Elevator Action - Probably the best classic game ever, I still play it.
6. Jet Set Radio Future - Original concept, great character design, amazing sound-track.
7. Oblivion - One of the only RPGs I can get into, and a great free roaming
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:06:52 PM by TheWorm »

1. Blockland
2. Quake III
3. Either quake wars or Urban Terror.

-Zelda: Link to the past
-Blockland (I realize I've played more of this game than any other game ever ha -ha)
Yay, another link to the past fan!

I think most of us here have played blockland an unholy amount...

LTTP was good... just wasn't GREAT, compared to other games. It got a bit too repetitive for me.

Don't all the Zelda games get repetitive?

1. Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath
2. Red Alert 2 (The original, not the expansion, mind you.)
3. Blawkland, dat gaem were u build sum stuffz.

1. Pokemon Red & Yellow, holy god I played the crap out of these games. Growing up with one t.v., no computer, no cable, these were my first forms of real entertainment I got addicted to, honestly, they started my whole gaming phase.

2. Call of Duty 4, I have never played a game that, no matter how you play, always feels satisfactory after. It ended my Halo freak stage. A game that makes Halo look like stuff, has to be mentioned.

3. Last, ughhh..... I would have to say Guitar Hero. Started a whole new genre of video game pretty much. Unlike DDR, it doesn't matter who you are, this game can relate to anybody. One of the most entertaining games to date.

1.EVO search for Eden. (I absolutely love this game, I like it because it is somewhat educational and you get to evolve your animal.)
2.Brawl (Come on do I have to explain?)
3.Pikmin (I love controling my own pikmin army. :P)

1: LoZ: A Link to the Past (SNES/GBA)
2: Kirby Air Ride :D (GCN)
3:Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES/ARCADE/NES/GENCIA)

I'm not going to make an ordered list.
Shadow of the Colossus is pretty much my definition of a perfect game, excellent atmosphere, EPIC gameplay. Half-Life (not 2) is also pretty high up there. DooM (and DooM 2) is amazing, and still holds up to this day, and on the same note, Duke 3D. Blockland is definitely one of my favorites, even though I can't build for ice cream. Pretty much any 2D Worms game, with the exception of Open Warfare 1 on the DS, because of the amazing gameplay and multiplayer. Timesplitters 2 is, in my opinion, the best console fps ever. Psychonauts, for being an ingeniously funny platformer, and The Milkman Conspiracy. The two PS2 Katamari games are near and dear to my heart, too. I absolutely adore LocoRoco. Sven Co-Op is probably my favorite mod ever. One of my favorite RPGs is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga on the GBA, it's hilarious, and it makes turn-based battles fun. MarioKart DS is probaly my favorite racing game, or DS game. Pokemon Yellow, oh how I regret trading you in. The Incredible Machine 3, for being my first physics-game ever, and still being awesome. Portal, for making me laugh and think, while providing amazing gameplay. Elite, the most amazing space sim ever. The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past are my favorite Zelda games. I'd have to say Super Metroid is my favorite 16bit game, with Chrono Trigger being a close second. Ducktales, because it has the most pandaing awesome music ever. Super Mario Galaxy made my jaw drop a few times, in a good way, and is probably my favorite Mario platformer. I played the heck out of the first Star Wars Battlefront, and the sequels just don't hold up to the first. Beyond Good and Evil did 3D Zelda-style gameplay better than the 3D Zelda games. SimAnt, because it's so simple, yet so fun. Noctis, as it's the game that got me into freeware, and also how I made friends with Aloshi. WarioWare Inc. MEGA MICROGAME$ is an amazing GBA game. Yoshi's Island on the SNES is my favorite 2D Mario platformer. Tetris DS, my favorite Tetris variant. Burnout 3, my favorite racing game. Star Control 2, the OTHER best space game. Tie Fighter, the best Star Wars game. Nethack, the most awesome dungeon crawler ever. Pretty much any Harvest Moon game, the core mechanics are soo addicting. Knytt, my favorite Nifflas game, with Knytt Stories (I'm in the credits :P) as a close second. Lyle in Cube Sector, an awesome free Metroid homage. Scorched Earth, THE MOTHER OF ALL GAMES. Hover. Super Mario Land, for that hella awesome music. Kirby's Adventure, on the NES, one of the first games I ever beat. Driver, even though I never got past the training mission, making movies of epic chases was (and is) sooo damn fun. Armadillo Run, because it's like TIM with awesome physics. Team Fortress 2, the greatest multiplayer fps in recent memory. Spheres of Chaos, because it's Asteroids, but TRIPPIN' BAWLS. And some more that I can't remember. By the way, this is my longest post ever, and the one I'm the most proud of. I'll add more as I remember.
EDIT:
OH MY GOD I FORGOT PLANESCAPE TORMENT.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 10:07:08 PM by frodo091 »

1. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
2. Tekken series - Master of all fighting games because of the character design, controls, and story
3. Blockland
4. Any Worms games, especially the more recent 3D ones are fun. - Because of endless laughs, and great turn based combat
5. Elevator Action - Probably the best classic game ever, I still play it.
6. Jet Set Radio Future - Original concept, great character design, amazing sound-track.
7. Oblivion - One of the only RPGs I can get into, and a great free roaming
I have to disagree, Classic styled 2d worms was success, and then they messed with success when they made worms 3d. Thats why they went back to 2d (thank god) now the only 3d you'll see is in the backgrounds.

Dawn of war and all of its expansions because its a fast RTS game with lots of strategy.
Black and white because it had so much freedom.
Dungeon keeper, i don't care if its one of the oldest games i know, nothing beats pissing off all the creatures in your dungeon and letting them go on a rampage.

And those are my top 3 so far.