weird sinkhole(?) in my neighborhood

Author Topic: weird sinkhole(?) in my neighborhood  (Read 2546 times)

self explanatory. on my street is a clearing into the woods that leads into a relatively nice area. this area has a pretty big and pretty deep 'crater' in the ground. i dont know the exact dimensions of it but i'd guess it's about 12 to 16 feet deep and about 60ish feet wide.

path a is closest to the road and i could probably drive the golf cart down it, but its pretty damn steep and bumpy so i wont risk it. there are 4wheeler tracks leading down it so im clearly not the first person to see it. path b is alot less steep but takes longer to go through. i havent gone up path c yet since it leads into a pretty high part of the woods and i dont know what's up there.
recently me and my friend decided to explore this pit. he believes its a dried lake because the ground didnt collapse when he walked down there. there are trees at the bottom of the pit and growing along the sides of it; some of which have exposed roots.
we went down there twice. the first time, he just walked down and jumped to show it wasnt a sinkhole. he saw a tree there that was leaning very precariously over the hole; next time we were there, the tree fell.
next time we went, i got to the bottom of the hole. it was pretty damn cozy down there but i didnt want to spend too much time since i dont want to abandon the golf cart for long.

the reason it's weird is because, for some reason, it felt as if time sped up while we were down there.
we got to the woods at 3:30pm. we spent about 10ish minutes above the pit and easily only 10ish minutes inside it, when i get a text from my parents asking me to come home. i check the time, and it's 4:45. i really doubt we could've spent over an HOUR in that pit. maybe im just stupid and didn't realize? i dont know, its super loving weird.

anyway, images

path a.

the rim of the hole, facing the streets direction. my friend is walking down path a.

path a from the bottom of the hole. that flowerpot isnt the only piece of litter down there; theres quite a bit of trash in the hole

bottom of the hole facing up towards the rim.

bottom of the hole from the rim with friend standing about in the middle of it

friend sliding down rim of hole because he wanted to be a showoff

im gonna go back there again, alone, later today to record footage of it.

i went down there again. as i was getting out of it, i heard a woman scream in the distance. spooky. uploading video soonish

this isn't too unusual theres a hole lot of weird stuff in the woods. maybe a creek dug it out hundreds of years ago or maybe a bulldozer went through there like 50 years ago.

source? was it covered on CNN?

the reason it's weird is because, for some reason, it felt as if time sped up while we were down there.
we got to the woods at 3:30pm. we spent about 10ish minutes above the pit and easily only 10ish minutes inside it, when i get a text from my parents asking me to come home. i check the time, and it's 4:45. i really doubt we could've spent over an HOUR in that pit. maybe im just stupid and didn't realize? i dont know, its super loving weird
Sync to Apple time servers

sleep in it for an entire night and report back

uploading vid rn. the scream i heard is very audible in the footage thankfully; i dont know where the scream was coming from but it sounded pretty far away. in the video i talk alot, i talk to myself when im nervous because i hate hearing nothing but silence
sleep in it for an entire night and report back
no

https://youtu.be/F3r_5n8A_BA

timestamped for that noise: https://youtu.be/F3r_5n8A_BA?t=130 . its quiet so turn ur volume up

stuffs loving scary.

my first thought was a mountain lion after rewatching it but those forgeters dont even LIVE in florida, right?

i am not going back down there unless my friends coming with. im shaken up and he's legit having a panic attack over this

yeah that definitely wasnt a mountain lion, i clearly heard something along the lines of "somebody help" or "somebody kill" or some stuff. stay safe, moog

forget the sinkhole what the hell happened to that woman