Place_Brick and Destroy_Brick events

Author Topic: Place_Brick and Destroy_Brick events  (Read 1994 times)

We really need place Brick and destroy bricks events.
On activate>self>place Brick (brick) (position) (name)
On activate > self > destroy brick (name)
I have no idea how this would work in code so don’t ask me technical questions.
Thanks

highly abusable. its very easy to make but its not at all practical and a troll can abuse it on your server to either circumvent trust or mass spam bricks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:06:20 PM by PhantOS »

highly abusable. its very easy to make but its not at all practical and a troll can abuse it on your server to either circumvent trust or mass spam bricks
I just want it for a gamemode im making, but now that i think about it your right.

If you have a server where events are admin only or a game mode where people don't have a wrench there could be use for it without having to worry about people abusing it - or you could use the restricted events mod if wanting to host a freebuild
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:38:54 PM by Goth77 »

If you have a server where events are admin only or a game mode where people don't have a wrench there could be use for it without having to worry about people abusing it
youre right. Whos gonna make it?

who cares if it's abusable or not, the guy clearly needs it for development purposes
your "omg it's abusable boo hoo" mumbo-jumbo is literally rooster blocking the creation of new utility add-ons such as this event
if you so badly fear that it's going to be abused on your server then just simply don't install/enable it lol

who cares if it's abusable or not, the guy clearly needs it for development purposes
your "omg it's abusable boo hoo" mumbo-jumbo is literally rooster blocking the creation of new utility add-ons such as this event
if you so badly fear that it's going to be abused on your server then just simply don't install/enable it lol
duude what? this is blockland abusable things can't exist! *kicks relays and explosion spam behind me*

He did mention its for a gamemode, as long as its a passworded server while he's working on it he'll be fine, as well as not having building enabled while a minigame is in place.

build_brick > 2x2 <var:xpos> 0 0 joe
vce_modifyVar > <var:xpos> + 2
copyevents joe

He did mention its for a gamemode, as long as its a passworded server while he's working on it he'll be fine, as well as not having building enabled while a minigame is in place.
thanks captain obvious

build_brick > 2x2 <var:xpos> 0 0 joe
vce_modifyVar > <var:xpos> + 2
copyevents joe
What addon contains build_brick?

yeah you're right my bad

when you destroy bricks do you destroy all bricks with that name? i'm assuming you mean named bricks, not like datablock name or uiname or whatever.

when you add bricks is position specified relative to the brick on which the event is triggered? what about rotations - should those be relative too?

when you destroy bricks do you destroy all bricks with that name? i'm assuming you mean named bricks, not like datablock name or uiname or whatever.

when you add bricks is position specified relative to the brick on which the event is triggered? what about rotations - should those be relative too?
destroy bricks do you destroy all bricks with that name.
I think the position should be relative however i could be very wrong.