Author Topic: Event_setBotActivate + Event_setBrickActivate  (Read 1529 times)

bot/self > setBotActivate [bool]
on setBotActivate (0): clicking on the bot now does not trigger onBotActivated
on setBotActivate (1): clicking on the bot now triggers onBotActivated like normal
For adding activating delays on bots or stopping you from restarting a conversation mid-conversation, etc.

self/NAMED_BRICK > setBrickActivate [bool]
on setBrickActivate (0): clicking on the brick now does not trigger onActivate (raycasting remains on, bullets still hit, camera still is blocked by it etc)
on setBrickActivate (1): clicking on the brick now triggers onActivate like normal
For adding delays on bricks without turning them into bullet windows or camera holes, etc.

so just fully disabling the clicks instead of disabling the events?
does this just disable it for the one person triggering it, or for everybody?

easily possible

so just fully disabling the clicks instead of disabling the events?
does this just disable it for the one person triggering it, or for everybody?
phflack makes a good point here (I would imagine 'activate stuff' just shows the player animation and nothing more while activation is disabled on a brick or bot) - however, what about admins? should they be able to still activate stuff normally? Or is this a player only restriction

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:11:08 AM by Goth77 »

Set event enabled?

i could see it being useful if it disabled the input for only the activator
otherwise disabling the lines with set/toggle would probably be more useful?

Or is this a player only restriction
Could just use VCE then rather then coding something like this. If its not player restriction then just use seteventenabled or toggleevent they both do the job here honestly.

vce sucks rooster and using seteventenabled means having to add more and more numbers the more complex an operation gets and i'd rather not have to manage that

vce sucks rooster and using seteventenabled means having to add more and more numbers the more complex an operation gets and i'd rather not have to manage that
I don't really find toggle events to be that difficult to work with, and they seem to be the right thing you're looking for.

nah theres definitely a place for this. disableEvents and clientdisableevents (completely disabling event triggers for a set number of seconds) is pretty useful, i dont see why a botactivated specific one wouldnt be.

pretty easy to make as well.