Author Topic: Key Compromise  (Read 47340 times)

i dont like his bird icon

-snip-
Well damn we actually got a confession, that's nice. It's good you came forward but you REALLY should have known better than to give any sort of exploit to Celau. This isn't a just a game anymore, this is illegal and I wouldn't put it beyond Badspot to call the authorities for what you did to his game and to innocent players. I really hope Celau actually gets the book thrown at him after what he's done.

you aren't funny please stop trying to be
im a very funny man actually thats why if i stop making jokes you know that ive been stalked and killed by an illinoisan

unimproved is now blocked

unimproved is now blocked

I enjoy drydess' presence and his humor. maxx had none and should've left this forums a long time ago
im a very funny man actually thats why if i stop making jokes you know that ive been stalked and killed by an illinoisan
cope

Morals are not something you just have and give yourself. They are instilled in you, the only way to have them is to believe them constantly; even in any form of doubt when they are tested. Your hypothetical is basically saying that in the mix of it you can't continue following your morals, you either don't believe enough or just don't want to.

I'm in no place to say you are a good or bad person, but you certainly stepped up; just later than you should have.

I think the final thing I could say is that when you are in bouts of depression and trauma, those are the best times to evaluate yourself, and your surrounding peers. Those are the greatest times to see if you believe in what you say you believe. I hope next time if you are ever in a situation like this again you think twice about cause and effect.
Feel like this response was almost perfect. I have a small disagreements though.

Moral code is something that one should believe and follow, but it is driven by an emotional response to a situation. When you reach a point of not caring, this becomes much more difficult to judge. In your head you can logically deduct what you probably should do and how people will react, but when you have no emotional response to how it can negatively effect people, then giving into temptation can come very easily. I can empathise with this because it has something I have struggled with before, and anyone else who has could probably tell you the same. Its just less likely that others have the skillset or opportunity available to them to do what Comp has done. Most others would probably just go on a banning spree or something on a server.

Comp clearly has a "moral code" as he confessed what he did and has tried to make it right, but everyone telling him to "think twice next time" isn't going to do anything really. He mentioned feeling lonely and abandoned which has led him to the despair and there might be others reasons. The best way he can help himself is the confront those issues as best he can. I don't know the guy so I can't really offer advice on how to do that, but if he can through family/friends/rehab/whatever, then it won't be a case of having to think twice, he just won't make the bad choice. Asking someone to think twice when they don't care won't make a difference.

Not defending what he did, just felt like I needed to make the point.

cope
I got another pizza last night and it had extra spicy sausage bits

cope
the kid who watches his friends become stoners and copes by having a tough gang internet persona

once again can i get hear why weathernerd banned me

Is blockland still unsafe to play

Is blockland still unsafe to play
you should be fine to play rn

woah hey dude haha if you wanted to kiss me you could've just said so

i dont see it