2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012

Author Topic: 2020/05/03 - Blockland r2005-r2012  (Read 49664 times)

I've noticed that Blockland now requires the Visual C++ 2015 runtime, so that will need to be installed (if necessary) first

badspot, can you enable that in steamworks?
First run setups on blockland is the death of the 64 mb promise I made to all my friends

this is pretty incorrect since this pretty much confirms its an rce exploit and key stealing is the least of your issues (if it actually is one)
I literally cannot understand what you're trying to tell me here.

It's dumb to downgrade to a version of the game that's compromised.

I have my doubts that you simply can't wait/look for a solution other than going back to a bad version of the game.

Badspot

• Administrator

Just because I'm nervous about it: You won't be going for a 100% steam only solution, right?
Once the problem is resolved, key authentication will be turned back on for non-steam users?

Since we still have our forum accounts/emails, once this issue is sorted out and hopefully fixed is it a possibility for those who had their authkeys exposed to get a new one emailed or PM'd to them?

I know it's wishful thinking but I'm hopeful that I can keep my same BLID and just get a new authkey tied to it

If my key can be restored to me somehow, great; PM me a new key for my ID.
However -- if it is truly compromised/unrecoverable as it appears on the pastebin dump & the chat screenshots, I just ask that Badspot deactivate it.

I never intended to log back into the forums, but this is interesting enough I guess.

Just because I'm nervous about it: You won't be going for a 100% steam only solution, right?
Once the problem is resolved, key authentication will be turned back on for non-steam users?

yeah i hope so too goin’ miss that cute bootin’ screen that makes you feel like a hacker if it does occur

Im more in a situation where I would need to make another Steam account JUST to play my original ID since Ive already attached an alt key to my main account.
And I really don't like that idea

the exploit involved server to client arbitrary code injection (not eval/torquescript, engine-level code), which enables stuff like the server giving clients keyloggers or viruses or whatnot. losing your key is the least of your issues - the exploit allows the attacker to serve and execute actual malicious code that can have real consequences.

if playing blockland is more important to you than running the risk of getting a backdoor to your computer getting installed without your knowledge, then go right ahead with downgrading. but im pretty sure you can be patient enough to wait a few days for badspot to fix the issue.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:37:11 PM by Conan »

the exploit involved server to client arbitrary code injection (not eval/torquescript, engine-level code), which enables stuff like the server giving clients keyloggers or viruses or whatnot. losing your key is the least of your issues - the exploit allows the attacker to serve and execute actual malicious code that can have real consequences.

if playing blockland is more important to you than running the risk of getting a backdoor to your computer getting installed without your knowledge, then go right ahead with downgrading. but im pretty sure you can be patient enough to wait a few days for badspot to fix the issue.
Ah, thank you, I understand now. I'm incapable of playing anyway as my key and steam versions crash seconds after launch attempts

any idea when key auth will be back up?
also what's gonna happen to the leaked keys
will new ones be sent and the old ones revoked?

any idea when key auth will be back up?
also what's gonna happen to the leaked keys
will new ones be sent and the old ones revoked?

Keys are always revoked in this instance, I'm sure we'll be told what will happen in the near future. Remember, this is a  business at stake and the first priority is to fix what is broken and ensure it can't happen again