Anyone just remember an old name and wondered what happened to them?

Author Topic: Anyone just remember an old name and wondered what happened to them?  (Read 85090 times)

zombies in the blue zone was a great rp, shame it ended along with frostbite.

Man, the rabbit hole you just sent me down...

Kniaz (Creator/Host) ID - 672
Lugnut (Co-Host/Head Scripter) ID - 16807

Awdax (Super-Admin) ID - 30584
Electrk (Super-Admin) ID - 12949
Kaphonaits (Super-Admin) ID - 1726
IkeTheGeneric (Super-Admin) ID - 18600
Capt'n (Super-Admin) ID - 33865

Mr. Jelly (Admin) ID - 10828
Dr. Kirby (Admin) ID - 20525
RingsOfSaturn (Admin) ID - 9881
Nikki (Admin) ID - 1779
Gentoo (Admin) ID - 8048
Syntho (Admin) ID - 7286
Ceist (Admin) ID - 14139

What a roster of absolute legends.

For the better part of two years (and then some), those guys were all my friends. I was still in school, and heading in to my final years. I was having trouble at home, hardly scraping through with my grades, and was just about to really fall into the addiction that would basically destroy my life for what was almost the next ten years.

Reading through the Bluzone thread really took me back there. Really reminded me of all those sleepless nights in my room, quietly typing on my laptop under the covers so no-one could hear me. I didn't have a lot of friends, and my girlfriend at the time was doing a lot of damage to me mentally. But those guys were always there, you know?

I feel pretty sad reading the last twenty pages of that thread. A lot of finger-pointing, naysaying... I never remember there being that much infighting when we were there, playing a video game and inventing whole new stories with each other.

It was really the perfect escape for me. I get quite sad thinking about it now. I don't think it was ever time wasted, either. I'm not sure what I would have filled that void with if not for Blockland, but it definitely would never have been as creative, or inspiring to me.

It's a weird experience, but it's one that I will probably never know or be able to emulate again... For better or worse...

I think it's good, though. That I had that. That I had all those friends. I felt normal, when I could come home and talk to them. I didn't have to talk about school, work, or how much I was just struggling all over. It didn't matter. We just wanted to build our own little world, and each tell our own little stories.

I guess in that glimpse of dystopia we created, there was always a sprinkle of hope.

I wonder what all those guys are up to now and again. I wonder if they feel the same way. I hope they're well.

ike and electrk r doin just fine, ceist you can ask him yourself ;)

i remember wanting to play it but never having the opportunity to, rip. glad its a good memory for you

Mr. Jelly (Admin) ID - 10828
Dr. Kirby (Admin) ID - 20525
RingsOfSaturn (Admin) ID - 9881
Nikki (Admin) ID - 1779
Gentoo (Admin) ID - 8048
Syntho (Admin) ID - 7286
Ceist (Admin) ID - 14139

i'm dr.kirby, dont think a lot of people actually know about that on here. nikki is my sister, she's doing well but she doesnt post here anymore

i didnt know you were going through all that!!! hope everything is better or getting better

Yeah, it's good to see some people still kicking! Electrk raised me from the dead a year or so ago, and I lurk in the Brickadia discord a bit.

Snip

Hey, Kirby!! I had no idea. Hope you and Nikki are doing well :)

I'm much better now.

I wish I still had the Bluzone save. It might exist somewhere online. I think I sent it to Swat 3 at some point?

holy stuff syntho

Also yea, Syntho. Seeing some of those names brought back a looooot...

Weird to think I had been playing Blockland since basically 2004..

i'm dr.kirby
oh hey i remember playing rising lava with you a lot. you were really good at that

Reading this thread is making me uber emotional.

To add my own:

Furdle. The misunderstood stepchild of Blockland. An interesting fellow and benevolent if you piqued his interest. I think about him often.

SailorMan and Kreon. I remember being in short films these dudes made. Was especially good friends with Sailor. Kreon’s City RPs were fun as heck.

Evelkinevel (BLID 8119). He was my right hand man for years, starting when I was just a noob. He would help me day and night on silly projects, never asking for anything in return. Taught me so much about the game and about life. I still have him on Xbox, but he hasn’t been online in years. I miss him to death. I know his name and his state, but there are a lot of people with his name in the state of Texas lol.

GravityCat. He needs no introduction.

Wizzard. Actually met him on Reddit last year. Before that hadn’t seen him or heard from him since his legendary Dogfight days of 2010-2011.

Kalphiter. What a guy.

Heedicalking. If I remember correctly, he vanished sometime in 2013. His servers hold a very special place in my heart.

Tezuni.

Snk.

Killer 217/Exrouse. Not a super prominent BLer, but we got close enough that we started texting IRL. I still have his number, but I haven’t spoken to him in probably 5-6 years.

Armani.

Pie Crust. Degenerate.

There are so many more. I hope I think of them.

I'm sorry to have to mention this, but our blocklanding brother "Michael", aka -Robot- originally known as Robot1232, passed away earlier this year. I've had a heavy heart since I heard about it from his family, he was one of my best friends. I keep his picture hung up in my gaming room so he's always with me when im building something on Blockland or playing one of the other great games we used to have fun on.
i didn't know him at all, but i recognize the username
o7
this is believable. also otis da housekat and uhhhhh vertzel or whatever his name was. and stevebunchofnumbers. I was just nostalgia-browsing a bunch of really old posts yesterday and happened upon an old drama of some guy named nienhaus who I do not remember at all but apparently posted links to actual child research in a BL tinychat once (remember tinychat? damn), which it was revealed he received from steve
and otis and v-whatever were just. established child enthusiasts. lol. god what a website to have grown up on
neinhaus definitely groomed me when i was younger - good thing my mother caught onto that stuff, and a good thing i listened when she banned me from talking to him
coulda definitely gone downhill
A Guy hasnt logged on since 2015. hope hes doing ok
poiuyt stole my first key like 8 years ago and then apologized a few years later. it was pretty funny in retrospect.
the zombies in the bluzone people were really cool. i checked and kniaz seems to still be around. does anyone know where lugnut/kaphonaits went?
i went to school and got a job
not sure why i went through the trouble of getting access to this account again when you're already adding me on discord.....
Kniaz (Creator/Host) ID - 672
Lugnut (Co-Host/Head Scripter) ID - 16807
super weird seeing my name set apart from all the rest, guess i had a bigger impact on that server than i remember... i do remember spending a lot of time developing for it from behind the scenes...

-- the rest --
i'm glad to hear you're doing better

Kalphiter. What a guy.

There are so many more. I hope I think of them.
kaph plays frequently, but under the name queuenard since like 4 years ago

oh hey i remember playing rising lava with you a lot. you were really good at that
😈 get owned 😈
Hey, Kirby!! I had no idea. Hope you and Nikki are doing well :)

I'm much better now.
thanks! good to hear
i went to school and got a job
cool

super weird seeing my name set apart from all the rest, guess i had a bigger impact on that server than i remember... i do remember spending a lot of time developing for it from behind the scenes...

From the best that I can remember, you had a massive impact on the server, and me. The only reason it could run was basically because of the infrastructure you built behind it.
Stuff like RP Chat, as well as all the help with server hosting.

Plus, always up for a bit of banter. I remember throwing ideas around with you. I really enjoyed the time.

bruh remember Ten Speed

bruh remember Twentefreak