2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031

Author Topic: 2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031  (Read 96735 times)

How do we host dedicated servers now? Do I need to launch steam on my server for the retail installation to work so I can set it up? Cause right now it says "Steam Unavailable" lol
Read the last paragraph in the OP.

same error for me
You were playing in April, you're way past the cutoff...

I seriously don't understand why anyone would need more than one key. What could it be used for? Ban evasion? Sock puppetry?
I cannot think of a single legitimate use.
i use mine if i just want to play the game without being bothered by people. and be tribal

also at this rate we are going to get moved into drama   :cookieMonster:

Might not be a bad idea to change the "Demo" button to "Download" on the blockland.us website. But that's just a minor thing.

What's to happen to the Blockhead No More achievement?

Inside the selectBLIDGui could we have the selectBLID_select button (the select button) have its accelerator set to "enter" so we can quickly select a key by pressing enter? Or could it remember the last key we picked so we don't have to pick one each time?

Also maybe the "Name" button on the main menu should be renamed to "BL_ID" or "Key" so it's clear what it does.

EDIT: Also I have to ask, could servers have the ability to change if players collide with each other or not? That would be super cool.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:03:39 PM by Crøwn »

Read the last paragraph in the OP.

My current issue. The auth thing is seemingly not functioning

Try omitting the -steam argument. It's potentially a contradiction to the -dtoken argument.

Badspot

• Administrator
r2030 released.
I have relaxed the bans so that they should only apply to BLIDs and do not poison an steamID. 

"Invalid token" is not a string that appears anywhere in the master server or game code. 

EDIT: Also I have to ask, could servers have the ability to change if players collide with each other or not? That would be super cool.
yes should be a command like /collisiontoggle 1 or /ct 0 or something

also using lan to connect to your dedicated server is borked, seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGfrnwUCLSg
there is also a lan text bug

badspot, pls fix
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:26:11 PM by P1xel »

I seriously don't understand why anyone would need more than one key. What could it be used for? Ban evasion? Sock puppetry?
I cannot think of a single legitimate use.
one legitimate reason is code testing, but yes largely alts are used for ban evasion, hiding identity, or playing after being revoked
One account gang, rise up

i use a alt to transfer money on jailbreak >:)

Badspot

• Administrator
also using lan to connect to your dedicated server is borked, seen here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGfrnwUCLSg
there is also a lan text bug

badspot, pls fix

I'm not going to test it right this second but if you want a dedicated lan server you have to host with -dedicatedLAN 
If you want to join an internet server that's on your own network, just use the query internet interface

"Invalid token" is not a string that appears anywhere in the master server or game code.
Yeah sorry, I couldnt remember the exact error text at the time of writing that but it was telling me that my dtoken didnt match any steamid or something along those lines. I'll grab the exact error when I get a chance.