2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031

Author Topic: 2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031  (Read 96673 times)

Since we're here, any chance of making it use steam names instead?
if we do, we'll have like 3 separate people impersonating each other

if we do, we'll have like 3 separate people impersonating each other
Then what's the point of having BLID's?

Since we're here, any chance of making it use steam names instead?
its nice to be able to have ur name independent from steam though

its nice to be able to have ur name independent from steam though
Why? Now that Blockland is merging with Steam, what's the point?

Then what's the point of having BLID's?
you were able to change your username right? say if someone you know changed their name right before the name lock for whatever reason, you could still identify them easily because of their blid.

you were able to change your username right? say if someone you know changed their name right before the name lock for whatever reason, you could still identify them easily because of their blid.
That point could be made towards people who are impersonating others as well.

That point could be made towards people who are impersonating others as well.
tru

tru
It's not like I disagree with you, but steam names would be cool as stuff since I can get the name I want rather then I gotta put zeroes in it just so it doesn't say its been taken. I also have a knack for checking BLID's every time someone joins my server just in case of any type of impersonation. Which is kinda silly to say but it does seem to help prevent situations like those, honestly if you host enough you kinda know who your regulars are and who isn't. If their behavior is off, you may have a problem.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:43:09 PM by Gautier00 »

It seems I'm now unable to rejoin any server that has --- as ping

Don't know if related to recent updates, but that never happened to me previously

Can i have 1 name change please

It seems I'm now unable to rejoin any server that has --- as ping

Don't know if related to recent updates, but that never happened to me previously
this seems to happen to me now too

I have no e-mail access for my 2205 key. My IP has changed. I have no access the the key used with this forum account, and won't. I have no access the the e-mail used for the forum account tied to my 2205 key.

All I have is my 2205 key. Therefore, I have no way to convert it to steam. Unable to play.
It's all I have, but it's always worked until all of this.
EDIT: My steam profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/deokotaru/

I hate to say it but you might be SOL. Badspot has said in the past that Blockland keys are meant to be nontransferable. it even says so in the terms of service if I'm not mistaken. that's why there's no recovery system in place to retrieve a key you didn't purchase.

I have no e-mail access for my 2205 key. My IP has changed. I have no access to the forum account tied to this key, and won't. I have no access to the e-mail used for this forum account either.

All I have is my 2205 key. Therefore, I have no way to convert it to steam. Unable to play.
It's all I have, but it's always worked until all of this.
EDIT: My steam profile https://steamcommunity.com/id/deokotaru/

I hate to say it but you might be stuff outta luck. Badspot has said in the past that Blockland keys are meant to be nontransferable. it even says so in the terms of service if I'm not mistaken. that's why there's no recovery system in place to retrieve a key you didn't purchase.
In his defense, he has been using 2205 for a long time, like 5 years or so if not longer, and never had any problems. A BLID look up tool can confirm this. I do find this ironic because I warned him all those years ago that it was a bad idea to trade keys with someone, since he had no way to recover the auth-key if he lost it. Neither one of us ever thought there would be a huge key leak like this, but I don't think his auth key for 2205 was on the list of exposed keys anyways. He can't play simply because his IP changed

Maybe Badspot could be generous and let you tie a new/current email to 2205 since you still have the auth key for it? He let me change my email years ago when I PM'd him about no longer having access to my old email. Or maybe just tie 2205 to your steam account?

idk man. I hope you can play again soon bro

Would it be possible to make a way for us to generate our own tokens from script for use against the new authQuery.php? I've found a hacky way to do this, getting a hold of the steamTicket and querying getJoinToken.php with the join IP being the Glass server, essentially simulating the game server join mechanic to connect to the Glass chat system. That's obviously not intended usage and super hacky. Previously, we were able to verify sessions by checking that the IP address was authed to that user, but the new system doesn't let us do that without forcing people through the steam openID page, which is super inconvenient to do every game launch.