Author Topic: 2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031  (Read 96730 times)

would it be possible to unlink my blid from my old steam account because i dont have access to it anymore

would it be possible to unlink my blid from my old steam account because i dont have access to it anymore
Contact Steam support

I've been trying to put my dedicated server up but I can't figure out the command lines right now.

This is what my dedi.bat looks like: start blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -dtoken (TOKEN HERE) (I removed the "-nosteam" line)

And when I try to launch it I get this error:

I've been trying to put my dedicated server up but I can't figure out the command lines right now.

This is what my dedi.bat looks like: start blockland.exe ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -dtoken (TOKEN HERE) (I removed the "-nosteam" line)

And when I try to launch it I get this error:

You are most likely running a dll mod of some sort and have Blockland.exe set as read-only. Blockland.exe needs to be updated to work, so you need to make it writable.

I gotta admit, Badspot is giving Blizzard a run for their money in the "IP maintenance" department. This game has been getting serviced for more than half my life. Tbh, I thought he'd sort of abandon this whole thing and give up because this community is insane and people aren't specific about their problems. So uh, thanks Badspot? Has anyone said thanks?

I gotta admit, Badspot is giving Blizzard a run for their money in the "IP maintenance" department. This game has been getting serviced for more than half my life. Tbh, I thought he'd sort of abandon this whole thing and give up because this community is insane and people aren't specific about their problems. So uh, thanks Badspot? Has anyone said thanks?
Yeah I am really thankful he still does maintenance on the game. people seem to get the idea that he's inactive because he won't log into his forum account for 2 weeks now and then. I think he's just a very hands-off admin but the key compromise shows he still springs to action when necessary so thanks Badspot

The irony is, while a AAA studio would have the resources to respond to this situation much faster and more effectively than a lone dev, a AAA studio probably would have said, "eh, forget it, not worth the negligible amount of money we were making off this thing," and just throw the whole game in the trash. So yeah I'm quite happy with the fact that effort is being made at all to fix this.

I don't understand why the ability to change names was removed? I could see a cool-down on how often names can be changed to prevent trolling, but the purpose of the BLID already helps identify users who have changed their names.
I'm glad that the game is still being supported after what happened, but removing the ability to change names seems like an unnecessary restriction unrelated to the BLID compromise or going Steam only.

On the topic of going Steam only, I am a bit concerned about the community.
I have a friend who has only played non-steam Blockland and is reluctant to make the switch now. It seems there were still a lot of non-steam users before this and I doubt he's the only one reluctant to switch. I hope this doesn't drive more people away from our already small community.

You are most likely running a dll mod of some sort and have Blockland.exe set as read-only. Blockland.exe needs to be updated to work, so you need to make it writable.

So I checked this and, like you said, it was set to "Read Only" (because I use Blankland textures and for some reason if I don't have it as read-only they reset to default)

On another note though, this still did not fix it and I am getting the same error whether I try running the .Bat or the .Exe for the game itself... correct me if I am wrong, but the guide in the post is for running a dedicated server like you normally would correct? Or do I now have to somehow run a dedi through Steam's Blockland files and not a non-steam installation?

EDIT: Yeah, I did the dumb... once I put the Dedi.bat into my STEAM installation directory it worked perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:03:14 AM by Komandir Alexei_V_Sylva »

yo can we chill out with the 'asking for name changing' to be re-added for now, dudes probably annoyed and i'm betting he might add it back with a cooldown in the future anyways.
anyways, thanks for dealing with this stuff community for a decade and more; appreciate that you keep an eye on it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 06:57:38 AM by SubDaWoofer »

You can now transfer your Blockland ID to steam using your forum account email

It uses a white list of domains to filter out disposable emails and expired domains, so if you used something like mailinator you will need to use a different method. 
Thank you for adding this feature - I updated my forum email address to be one I have access to (previous one was an expired AIM email) and the system says no forum account is associated with this new email. Is there a certain amount of time I should wait for this to reconcile? Also, will this even work or is this method only tied to the original email I used to register with the forums?

Alright so I got the dedicated server to actually launch and show up, but it keeps launching as a LAN server that is unjoinable (max player count of 0). And I made sure to portforward so I know that isn't the problem, I checked server settings and they're showing as being properly set up.

Alright how the forget do I contact steam support to get my keys unlinked from previous accounts?

I don't know when or why, but I linked my main key( 29131 ) to some other steam account, and my 2nd primary key (7209) is linked to some random account that I don't recognize, and doesn't seem to have ANY activity. The steam support email is no longer monitored, and going through the support pages on steam just lead me to email blockland support which I assume isn't the solution.

Please help

Alright how the forget do I contact steam support to get my keys unlinked from previous accounts?
https://help.steampowered.com/en/