2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031

Author Topic: 2020/05/20 - Blockland r2023-r2031  (Read 96664 times)

Whoa, pretty bad that Steam is now required to play multiplayer in Blockland.

Quote from: Badspot
I have re-enabled key authentication, with the limitation that it will not work on new IP addresses.  That means you can log in and play as normal, but only if your IP is the same as it was a few days ago (or the last time you logged in).

What does this mean if you want to play Blockland in a house of your friend, partner, family members, etc?

What does this mean if you want to play Blockland in a house of your friend, partner, family members, etc?
this is an old quote from before steam auth was fully implemented, now key authing doesn't exist at all. you have to transfer your key to steam to play v21 now

Aye. I just saw that all of this happened. My Blockland key is connected to an old Steam account that I can no longer access. I can't find a way to contact Steam support. Any way my key could be unlinked to my old account and to my current one?

Aye. I just saw that all of this happened. My Blockland key is connected to an old Steam account that I can no longer access. I can't find a way to contact Steam support. Any way my key could be unlinked to my old account and to my current one?
This is what I've been trying to do. I tried reporting the steam accounts that my keys are linked to, but nothing has come from it. Please lmk if you figure anything out

This is what I've been trying to do. I tried reporting the steam accounts that my keys are linked to, but nothing has come from it. Please lmk if you figure anything out
if anything comes of this let me know, i'd like to move my key over to a different account as well - does deleting the game from the account that owns it work? i do have access to the account i'd like to transfer the game from but don't want to permanently lose access to the game because of this

Names

Ok, so don't totally remove steam support. Obviously. Why remove non-steam support and rework the entire auth system? All compromised users were of course key users, so it's not like it would be extra work to recover their keys through two platforms.
Because it is 2020 and 99.99 percent of game players use Steam lol

so since the game isn't supported in macos anymore, that also includes dedicated servers?

so since the game isn't supported in macos anymore, that also includes dedicated servers?
dedicated servers rely on the same executable to run and as such are also not supported

you can try to see if wine works on mac to play or host

I'm just using bootcamp to run it since I had already bootcamped my Mac.

an official wine binary currently does not exist for macos 10.15 (this may change in later releases of wine as wine32on64 matures). you can theoretically compile your own wine but it will only be able to run 64 bit programs. crossover, a paid proprietary version of wine with custom features and scripts, uses a method of running 32 bit code nested within a 64 bit process to run 32 bit windows programs. in my tests it can run blockland fine
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:44:00 AM by Mr Queeba »

i was previously using an xserve running 10.11 (el capitan) for hosting. boot camp isn't an option. would wine work on that?

i was previously using an xserve running 10.11 (el capitan) for hosting. boot camp isn't an option. would wine work on that?
wine will work on 10.11 however i cannot guarantee the version available for it is up to date

Is there any chance you can please give the "one-time-name-change" to everyone, not just people who were named Blockhead? Really would've been good to know about that in advance :(

why are you people posting on the previous release instead of the latest?