Author Topic: research  (Read 13349 times)

I hate research, boys at my school watch it and they are about 11
And now i am being bullied because i told the teacher they were actually braking the law!
Ugh, people who watch it are sad-asses.
So yes, i am agreeing with Az.

And now i am being bullied because i told the teacher they were actually braking the law!

research is illegal? lol must be cool to live in Saudi Arabia

research is illegal? lol

If you are under 18, that is, Bisjac.

no its not illegal to see research if your underage. its illegal to BUY research underage.
websites will try to filter kids away by having those 18+ enter or leave agreements so they don't get sued by parents.

what IS illegal, is you signing up for blockland forums when your under 13, and without parental permission. this law is supported to protect the children from the real dangers of the net. like giving your personal information out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:21:20 PM by Bisjac »

And now i am being bullied
Use Falcon Punch, then do a barrel roll.

just as its not illegal for a 10 year old to smoke. but it IS illegal to buy cigs, and posses them.
you are misinformed about the law by your parents and teachers because its just easier to explain.

1. How could you possibly hate research!?
2. They're watching it now, so they no what to do then ;D
3. Why on EARTH would you rat them out.

1. How could you possibly hate research!?
2. They're watching it now, so they no what to do then ;D
3. Why on EARTH would you rat them out.
I can only reply to .3
They SERIOUSLY annoyed me with the bloody research, so that is why

It's only because they haven't got a chance of doing the same in the IRL realms.

I remember ratting out some people with research. In the end I was accused of bringing to research magazine into school :/

What is the moral of the story? Just shut your juicy mouth up. I learnt it in the hard way.

SpaceDude, come back when your balls have dropped.

It's illegal to allow minors to view research, whether it is being provided for free or sold. It isn't illegal for minors to view it or buy it.

If a minor views research and asserts that they are over 18, they've commit perjury. The webmaster has done enough to keep them from accessing their content, so their parents can't take them to court.

You can't specifically arrest a minor for viewing research, although you could arrest them for lying about their age under oath. They have commit perjury, which means they can face up to 5 years in jail if convicted. I don't think it has ever actually been done, courts have more important cases to try, the police have more important people to arrest, and in the end it almost always gets left to the family to prescribe a fair punishment. You wouldn't get a criminal record for it.

This is also true if you are under 13 and register on a forum without having your parents sign a waiver.

It's illegal to allow minors to view research...It isn't illegal for minors to view...
Make up your mind.

It's illegal to allow minors to view research...It isn't illegal for minors to view...
Make up your mind.
They're very different things

Allowing them to view it is illegal (Webmaster is in trouble)
Them viewing it isn't

Make up your mind.

If a parent gives a kid research, its illegal. If a kid just goes and finds it, it's not.
Try reading for understanding.