george floyd

Author Topic: george floyd  (Read 28582 times)

damp, i literally dont care. like yes it sucks and i feel for small businesses that are majorly affected, but outside of that what else do you want me to feel lmao.

i cant put it any simpler than this:
the populace is finally making themselves heard after years of falling on deaf ears in an unfortunate but necessary manner because people are losing their lives to tribal belief systems embedded in law enforcement. im sorry but I could give a forget about any business big or small when something that dire is going on and has been going on

like i dont know if tony still trolls or anything, but the fact that he is having more sense than yall.....

all cops are bad cops.

The system they work for is corrupt meaning there is no such thing as a good cop.

And the fact it takes a full scale riot just to get justice shows you that no amount of being peaceful will help

It takes like 4 seconds to find the guys house, why not go burn that down instead of some dude's minimum wage job
because the corporation that employs that person, and pays them minimum wage, is the problem. the job of the police is to protect corporations and their capital. I'm not speaking figuratively; george floyd was murdered because he tried to use what was supposedly a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store. obviously, the immediate issue at hand is that a tribal white cop killed a black man who was morally, and very possibly legally, innocent. but it wasn't just personal prejudice on the cop's part. systemic racism in this country tells white men that they're better, that they're the default, and that they deserve to have power over other people. it tells them that having a badge means they can kill people they deem lesser and get rewarded with paid time off for their efforts. and this systemic racism stems not only from our history of legal slavery and segregation, but also from the effective slavery and segregation we have now in the form of poverty and inaccessible education. corporations profit by taking advantage of people who simply have no choice but to work for them in exchange for table scraps or to consume their product because it's all that's available to them. and then we enter a pandemic, during which our federal government and countless state governments have decided to forego caution in favor of capitalism, and continue with business as usual, putting black and brown lives in even greater danger. these marginalized groups, I promise you, are not the ones whose employers provide them with the privilege of working from home, they aren't the ones who can afford to pay 10% extra to have their groceries delivered to their homes, they aren't the ones with access to healthcare if they have the misfortune of becoming infected. for those who haven't been able to work, where does that leave them? food prices haven't decreased. there's no rent freeze in minneapolis, or, in fact, most of the country. $1200 is only one month of rent, and we're nearing the end of the third

in the midst of all this, because a corporation called the police over a $20 bill, and because a white cop knew from experience that he would get away with murdering a black man in broad daylight, and because his cop buddies supported his violence not only in this specific instance but also in previous cases, george floyd is dead. this country needs to change, and peaceful protest isn't working. maybe you should be more concerned about that than a loving target getting looted

damp, i literally dont care. like yes it sucks and i feel for small businesses that are majorly affected, but outside of that what else do you want me to feel lmao.

i cant put it any simpler than this:
the populace is finally making themselves heard after years of falling on deaf ears in an unfortunate but necessary manner because people are losing their lives to tribal belief systems embedded in law enforcement. im sorry but I could give a forget about any business big or small when something that dire is going on and has been going on
pardon me since I don't exactly have experience with any of the issues at hand, but how exactly does burning down homes and infrastructure fight systemic racism . . . ? I can understand why making a big point is necessary seeing as virtually anything else has been tried time and time again, but this is on the same grounds as protests blocking ambulances or throwing rocks through windows. there's catharsis in leveling the playing field but it has and, from what I've seen, is now only inflaming stigmas among both individuals and lawmakers. damn the self-righteous politicians and their congregants with the amoral excuses for cops, but genuine violence just breeds violence
I have nothing but respect for political protesters, and hearing the shouts at DC are fantastic. last thing I want to see is more people subjected to poverty whether out of dumb luck or discrimination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnEyV_eU0c for more, I've got friends in the crowd
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:31:57 PM by Drydess »

maybe you should be more concerned about that than a loving target getting looted
I don't care about the loving Target getting looted and quite frankly neither does Target or the police. I have more respect for the people who just admit they just don't give a stuff and are angry about an injustice that occurred recently. I understand the effect rioting has that can force authority to act on injustice. I understand setting a car on fire because you're angry, even if it is misguided or misdirected at people who aren't involved, because people do stuff like this when they're provoked. It happens and it's understandable and we've all done it to some degree.

On the other hand, trying to logically justify it by standing on the guy's grave and telling people "someone else did something worse, so look the other way" while walking out of a burning target with a TV under your arm feels very disingenuous. In a month's time the only people that will care about this Target being looted are the people who lost their jobs on-top of already being disaffected by the social problems you outlined in your post.

pardon me since I don't exactly have experience with any of the issues at hand, but how exactly does burning down homes and infrastructure fight systemic racism . . . ? I can understand why making a big point is necessary seeing as virtually anything else has been tried time and time again, but this is on the same grounds as protests blocking ambulances or throwing rocks through windows. there's catharsis in leveling the playing field but it has and, from what I've seen, is now only inflaming stigmas among both individuals and lawmakers. damn the self-righteous politicians and their congregants with the amoral excuses for cops, but genuine violence just breeds violence
I have nothing but respect for political protesters, and hearing the shouts at DC are fantastic. last thing I want to see is more people subjected to poverty whether out of dumb luck or discrimination. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnEyV_eU0c for more, I've got friends in the crowd
the same reasons riots gave us 8 hour work days, lgbt rights, civil rights, freedom of speech/etc.

and the violence is being instigated by the police more than the protesters.

if violence is required in order to bring injustices into light then so be it

systemic racism in this country tells white men that they're better, that they're the default...
So what you are saying is that there is a perk system for every other race.

?????????????????????????????????

yeah haven't you played stick of truth

On the other hand, trying to logically justify it by standing on the guy's grave and telling people "someone else did something worse, so look the other way" while walking out of a burning target with a TV under your arm feels very disingenuous. In a month's time the only people that will care about this Target being looted are the people who lost their jobs on-top of already being disaffected by the social problems you outlined in your post.
I don't think that's an accurate representation of what's happening. I don't really believe there's many people out there stealing TVs, in the first place, but let's say they are. they're not just being selfish and opportunistic, they've spent their lives being denied simple possessions that the people around them have been able to afford. I don't think it's fair to act like they're the bad guys here for trying to right some of those wrongs. if the systems you live under made you feel powerless, you'd probably be up for stealing some TVs from one of the largest beneficiaries of those systems too

and if anyone gets fired because a grocery store was looted, that's on the corporation's conscience, not the looters'

I don't think that's an accurate representation of what's happening. I don't really believe there's many people out there stealing TVs, in the first place, but let's say they are. they're not just being selfish and opportunistic, they've spent their lives being denied simple possessions that the people around them have been able to afford.

Yeah honestly fair I don't have any problems with people stealing stuff on someone like Cornell's dime forget em

It's just the local/small businesses more than anything, they should be protected when feasible but that's hardly a daring take and the damages to them are probably overblown

lol george floyd was in a research video

I just wish these protests weren't race related because now they're going to divide us by race instead of dividing us with police.