should i use cruise control for a long distance trip

Author Topic: should i use cruise control for a long distance trip  (Read 2697 times)

i’ve never used cruise control before but my 2010 ford fusion does have the option. im driving about 400 miles in two days and was wondering if just keeping my foot on the petal is a good idea. do you guys have any experience driving long distances with cruise control? do you think i’d be fine without it?

I have used cruise control a bit for a shorter distance (~70 miles) and it definitely helped to remove some of the work while driving.

cruise control is really nice. if you're nervous about it at first, usually cruise control is canceled as soon as any pressure is applied to the brake (i would check this for your model of car) so you can just hover your foot over the brake as you get used to it

I've always found Cruise Control to be scary, I don't like handing controls of something that can kill me over to a machine, no matter how sophisticated its algorithms.

what about cruise missile
And obviously, this is the superior option

as long as you dont use it in rain you should be fine

everyone in this thread don't know how to drive

I've always found Cruise Control to be scary, I don't like handing controls of something that can kill me over to a machine, no matter how sophisticated its algorithms.
well you're not giving up the steering wheel, just the accelerator, which is a huge relief for a long highway drive.

i use it all the time.

Cruise control is for pussies.

This post was brought to you by the foot on pedal gang.

Not using Cruise control to lock your speed because your speedometer doesn't properly work and you don't want to get pulled over for speeding (again)
Or just NOT using it and going 110 down the highway in a 96 RAV4 which is shaking so bad the engine starts knocking...

cruise control is great until you get stuck behind some loving handicap who has no idea how to maintain his speed. but yes cruise control is a god send. just got back from a 10 hour trip from Ohio and using cruise control was the best part of the trip because Ohio itself loving sucks

lol I literally use cruise control in the city whenever its not stop and go traffic. Anything over 35 mph. Just easier to not accidentally speed that way.

Where I live I use it off and on because my car is old and cruise control is poopy when you go up mountains :((((((((((((((((((((((((((